If We Win, Do We Root For Either Atl/Tampa ?

irvin88

Reaction score
If ONE of those 2 win, does it mean we battle it out w/ Philly for final playoff birth ? I say this because it looks like Tampa and Atl have Cupcake games the final week, therefore I consider they win those.

We play Philly and they will have nothing to play for, except spoil us ?:confused:

Ideally it would be great for BOTH Atl/Tampa to lose, but I think 1 of them will win.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
We need to win out.. i hope Philly loses to the Commanders.

StylisticS

Reaction score
I believe we clinch a spot if we win tomorrow, and Philly and Atlanta loses on Sunday. I could see Atlanta losing this Sunday but Philly I don't know.

DTK

Reaction score
We can clinch a playoff spot this weekend with a win tomorrow and a loss by 3 of the following 4: Chicago, Atlanta, TB, and Philly.

Long odds.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
if we continue playing the defense we have been putting out there the past three weeks we won't have to root for anyone.

we are playing championship style defense ever since wade turned the dogs loose.

and i'm loving every minute of it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's just win out. Including beating Philly soundly in Philly.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
DTK;2506556 said:
We can clinch a playoff spot this weekend with a win tomorrow and a loss by 3 of the following 4: Chicago, Atlanta, TB, and Philly.

Long odds.

It doesn't have to be three of them. If we win and Philadelphia and Atlanta both lose, we're in, regardless of what Chicago and Tampa Bay do.

And only the right combination of three of those four would get us in -- either Philadelphia, Chicago and Tampa Bay; or Atlanta, Chicago and Tampa Bay. But if it's Chicago, Tampa Bay and Atlanta, then we won't clinch this week.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2506672 said:
It doesn't have to be three of them. If we win and Philadelphia and Atlanta both lose, we're in, regardless of what Chicago and Tampa Bay do.

And only the right combination of three of those four would get us in -- either Philadelphia, Chicago and Tampa Bay; or Atlanta, Chicago and Tampa Bay. But if it's Chicago, Tampa Bay and Atlanta, then we won't clinch this week.

hmmm so all we need to do is win....and our chances of making the playoffs are very high.

Nav22

Reaction score
Same thing, no?

Grevus

Reaction score
I don't really care if we play the Eagles. We will win. I know they look good, but look at the Last couple of teams the Eagles have played? Have they played a quality defense? Now look at the Teams will are playing and basically dominating. The Cowboys are a better team.

I would love to see the Cowboys march into Eagles stadium and smash the Philadelphia Fans dreams of the Playoffs.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
The big two are Dallas and Philly. If we win and Philly loses then we've got a chance at not needing to win next week. Of course we'd need help somewhere else as well.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2506672 said:

Why would we not clinch under this scenario? Chicago is eliminated no matter what with a loss because the best they could finish would be 9-7. If Atlanta and Tampa both lost, the best either of them could finish would be 10-6 and the worst we could finish would be 10-6. Are you saying there's some scenario where we lose a 3 way tie with Tampa and Atlanta? Tampa would have us on conference record if we lost to philly, but we did beat them head to head. Atlanta would have the same conference record. Obviously Philly would be the 5th seed if they won out and Atlanta/Tampa were 10-6, but how would we not be the 6th?

kmd24

Reaction score
OT, but I think Minnesota has a good chance of catching the Giants. If Minnesota (hosting Atlanta) wins today and the Giants (hosting Carolina) lose, then Minnesota will host the Giants for a shot at a first round bye.

A loss to Carolina and Minnesota would make the Giants 0-4 in December.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
kmd24;2506798 said:
OT, but I think Minnesota has a good chance of catching the Giants. If Minnesota (hosting Atlanta) wins today and the Giants (hosting Carolina) lose, then Minnesota will host the Giants for a shot at a first round bye.

A loss to Carolina and Minnesota would make the Giants 0-4 in December.

I'm not sold on the Giants this year. I think they'll get a first round bye, but might wind up as the #2 seed behind the Panthers. They look primed for an early exit in the playoffs.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2506672 said:
And only the right combination of three of those four would get us in...Atlanta, Chicago and Tampa Bay. But if it's Chicago, Tampa Bay and Atlanta, then we won't clinch this week.
How about Tampa Bay, Atlanta and Chicago? Or Chicago, Atlanta and Tampa Bay? Atlanta, Tampa Bay and Chicago? Or (here's a wild one) Tampa Bay, Chicago and Atlanta?

:D

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lane;2506559 said:
if we continue playing the defense we have been putting out there the past three weeks we won't have to root for anyone.

we are playing championship style defense ever since wade turned the dogs loose.

:hammer:

Don Corleone

Reaction score
lane;2506559 said:

I must confess. Last week against the Giants, when TO missed that pass along the sideline on 3rd down during our first drive, I was actually happy to see our defense come out on the field. I was looking forward to it.

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to score on that opening possession, but I had no sense of fear because I knew the defense would come out fired up.

gmb85

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2506985 said:
I must confess. Last week against the Giants, when TO missed that pass along the sideline on 3rd down during our first drive, I was actually happy to see our defense come out on the field. I was looking forward to it.

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to score on that opening possession, but I had no sense of fear because I knew the defense would come out fired up.
Now that brings a tear to my eye!