If you could trade a 1st and 3rd

Jfconrow

Reaction score
If you could move up from pick 10 with a 3rd, who would you take? I’m thinking that would be only a few spots and once the QBs are off the board.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
If you could move up from pick 10 with a 3rd, who would you take? I’m thinking that would be only a few spots and once the QBs are off the board.

Move up to where? That third is only getting you a spot or two most likely.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Maybe up to pick 7 with Detroit to get Sewell or if Sewell is off the board, trade up for Slater. Or say if Phili takes a QB, trade up to make sure you get your guy like Pitts or Payne.

Unless you think 3 QBs (Lawrence, Wilson, Fields) and a couple WRs (Chase, Smith) go...there are about 5 picks before Dallas.

I’m thinking these guys will be gone:
Payne
Sewell
Pitts
Slater
Surtain or Fairley (both might be gone)

visionary

Reaction score
Here is a draft trade rule to remember:

You ONLY trade up into the top 10 for 3 players

1. QB if you don’t have one
2. Great LT if you don’t have kne
3. Generational DE

that’s it

period

The only reason I would trade up in this draft is if I could get Lawrence

that’s it

fivetwos

Reaction score
If we stay at 10, I would look at Farley or Surtain.

If we move to 8 or 9 with that 3rd, I'd look at Surtain or Farley.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Maybe up to pick 7 with Detroit to get Sewell or if Sewell is off the board, trade up for Slater. Or say if Phili takes a QB, trade up to make sure you get your guy like Pitts or Payne.

Unless you think 3 QBs (Lawrence, Wilson, Fields) and a couple WRs (Chase, Smith) go...there are about 5 picks before Dallas.

Payne
Sewell
Pitts
Slater
Would prefer to not trade up 3 spots and give up our high 3rd, but you're right in saying that is where it would get us.
10 plus our 3rd should get us to 7

If we did.....
Yes to Sewell,
I'd be disappointed if we traded up for any of the others. Stay at 10 and take the best one left or trade down.

If we drop to 14, for example, pick up a 3rd, and still get Slater....then ok

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
10 and 75 could get you to 7.

10 and compensatory pick might get you to 8.

I'm thinking you might need to do this if you love Caleb Farley (as much as I do) to get ahead of Denver.

The QB trade up's are going to monopolize the top 10 of the draft.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Here is a draft trade rule to remember:

You ONLY trade up into the top 10 for 3 players

1. QB if you don’t have one
2. Great LT if you don’t have kne
3. Generational DE

that’s it

period

The only reason I would trade up in this draft is if I could get Lawrence

that’s it

I dont agree. Since we are in the top 10 ourselves, I would not hate moving up for a player we love.

You have to really love a player and fear someone else ahead of you might take him.

However, we will have to pay the Jerry tax and give up more than an average team.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I don’t think I’d do it unless maybe Sewell slid way down close to the 10th pick. There isn’t really a guy that I’d say is worth giving up the 3rd for.

Pitts would be worth the extra pick but not, I think, with Dallas’ needs.

I’d be just about as happy with Surtain as I would Farley, so unless it looked like both would be gone by 10, or for Sewell, I’d sit at 10. I might sit there even if it looks like both corners are going. Can go Slater or Parsons.

I’d be fine with:

Surtain
Farley
Pitts
Slater
Parsons (if the team would use him right).

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Trading down yes. If not sit at 10 and hope a top 5 prospect drops. That what the Jones boys are hoping for. That’s why most on this board are going to lose their mind if Pitts and or Chase are sitting there at 10. Hopes for a defensive player or OL go right out the window.

RS12

Reaction score
I'd like Wilson or Sewell. Were not getting em so....... And not a chance I am moving up for a DB unless it is a Ronnie Lott, impose your will type game changer. That doesnt exist in this draft.

Sydla

Reaction score

Payne
Sewell
Pitts
Slater

Trading up to get an OT?

Geezus.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don’t think I’d do it unless maybe Sewell slid way down close to the 10th pick. There isn’t really a guy that I’d say is worth giving up the 3rd for.

I’d be just about as happy with Surtain as I would Farley, so unless it looked like both would be gone by 10, or for Sewell, I’d sit at 10. I might sit there even if it looks like both corners are going. Can go Slater or Parsons.

I’d be fine with:

Surtain
Farley
Pitts
Slater
Parsons (if the team would use him right).

1000%.......99.9% confident at least one will there at 10 but I'm on the fence about Parsons, not just the player at 10 but the position as well.

Jfconrow

Reaction score

That’s what I would do. If Pitts is there at 7 I trade up with Det, I think a first and third gets er done. Det prob isn’t thinking TE so they wouldn’t care free pick for them. The thought of Cooper, Lamb, Pitts, Gallup, and Zeke is scary. Not only that but you have the elusive 2TE package back in play.

I know I’ve been a proponent of the OL, and maybe you go that direction in the second (I’m all for fixing the offense before the defense).

I would then pencil in Mac Jones as the next pick at QB, prob the 3rd or 4th.

with the rest of the draft I go OL/DL and scoop up a LB you like.

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
sewell ot oregon
parsons lb penn st
or if one of those cbs goes before denver picks...you might consider it.
but if it was to target 1 guy...i'd consider a jump for sewell.

stinkface

Reaction score
Trade your number 10, plus Gallop and Martin to Jacksonsville for their number 1 pick and take the QB. Then Jerry wakes up from his alcohol induced stupor and realizes it was only a dream.