Twitter: If you could, who would you sign: Michael Gallup or OBJ?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Gallup is younger, more hungry and is humble. He’d work harder and much better fit in my book.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Wow….and this is what’s wrong with the Cowboys. We complain about the front office, but fans value their own players too highly as well.

The question is if you could sign either, who….

Anyone who would choose to resign our #3 receiver who isn’t even better than our #4 over a super star receiver like OBJ probably didn’t like the T.O. signing either.

Gallup should never be mentioned in the same conversation with OBJ. We won’t be signing either of them, but Gallup is just another good piece of a group….nothing more.

Flamma

Reaction score

Presumably they let Coop walk or trade him. Both players tore their ACLs.

Should Jerry reach out to OBJ's agent? Would OBJ be a good fit in Dallas?

TBH, I think both probably get injured again next year anyway. That said, Gallup.

ESisback

Reaction score
Wow….and this is what’s wrong with the Cowboys. We complain about the front office, but fans value their own players too highly as well.

The question is if you could sign either, who….

Anyone who would choose to resign our #3 receiver who isn’t even better than our #4 over a super star receiver like OBJ probably didn’t like the T.O. signing either.

Gallup should never be mentioned in the same conversation with OBJ. We won’t be signing either of them, but Gallup is just another good piece of a group….nothing more.
I get your point, and I agree to a point. OBJ is/was a much bigger talent, but to me, there’s too much baggage that kind of negates the difference—his diva-ness, his injury history, his age, and the fact that a lot of opposing fans don’t like him—OBJ as a Cowboy gives them another reason to hate Dallas.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
If we’re talking who I personally like better and who is younger, then I go with MG.

The amount of people here acting like it’s a no brainer for Gallup is a bit strange, however. Beckham did just help his team win a Super Bowl, and was clutch in the playoffs. Might have won Super Bowl MVP if he didn’t get injured.

ESisback

Reaction score
Torn the same ACL twice now.
Yeah, not a good trade, but much better than Risen’s proposal: Micah Parsons, our first and our fourth, for soon to be 31 (and talking about retirement) Aaron Donald.