If you had it to do all over with Romo and Dak in 2016

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Romo would have done nothing. He had never done anything before. Dak’s not doing anything. Romo was better than Dak but that’s not saying much.
There is a first time for everything. Brady never won a Super Bowl, until he did. That's why they call it a first.
:lmao:Forget where's the beef, where's the logic?

Ken

Reaction score
If you can't prove it, you can't know it.

Yes, it could have been likely. It also is likely he could have remained healthy.
Be that as it may, my speculation is based on if he had played when he was ready and if he had remained healthy.
I know where my money would have been then.

Also, Romo's 7 picks in 4 games the previous season were more than Dak had all of 2016.

Ken

Reaction score
using your logic. 2021 season Dak 10 ints Stafford 17 ints therefore Dak > Stafford
Well...i personally do think Dak is better than Stafford but that is jmo.

However, if you bring Stafford onto the Cowboys and he throws 17 ints with our issues in the run game and league-leading Penalties....we don't win anything and may not make the playoffs.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If he could’ve remained healthy he wouldn’t have retired….how many broken clavicles and back injuries did y’all want him to suffer? Cowboys protected himself from himself. Dak was the best thing to happen to Romo’s career. Forced him to retire when it was right.

He retired in part because of his injuries but also because he saw that Dak was now the starter and the future of the Cowboys.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And he was not allowed to come back and play for another team?

What do you mean "not allowed". Odd choice of words what's your agenda?

Protect Dak by tearing down Tony.

The guys that hate him and called him toast and brokeback...trying to prove some point about not playing for another team. If CBS offered ya a gazzllion bucks to have fun....you;d turn it down. Sure right.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What do you mean "not allowed". Odd choice of words what's your agenda?

Protect Dak by tearing down Tony.

The guys that hate him and called him toast and brokeback...trying to prove some point about not playing for another team. If CBS offered ya a gazzllion bucks to have fun....you;d turn it down. Sure right.
What are you talking about? I asked a question. You Tony Stan’s are far worse than the Dak ones.

Nexx

Reaction score
Well...i personally do think Dak is better than Stafford but that is jmo.

However, if you bring Stafford onto the Cowboys and he throws 17 ints with our issues in the run game and league-leading Penalties....we don't win anything and may not make the playoffs.

if you put Dak on the Rams do they win the Super Bowl... NOPE

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
if you put Dak on the Rams do they win the Super Bowl... NOPE
These arguments are so silly...now we resort to the "If you put Dak on this team...." arguments lol. If you put Matthew Stafford on the Cowboys they wouldn't even make the playoffs.

Reactions: Ken

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
These arguments are so silly...now we resort to the "If you put Dak on this team...." arguments lol. If you put Matthew Stafford on the Cowboys they wouldn't even make the playoffs.
To me he's a very good example of what happens when you have a very good QB on a bad team, that finally gets to play on a good one. The haters ignore this for a reason. Basic fans see the SB win as his achievement, not that he had a talented team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
To me he's a very good example of what happens when you have a very good QB on a bad team, that finally gets to play on a good one. The haters ignore this for a reason. Basic fans see the SB win as his achievement, not that he had a talented team.
They are trying to convince us they won because of Stafford even though they went to the SB with Goff lol.

Reactions: G2

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What are you talking about? I asked a question. You Tony Stan’s are far worse than the Dak ones.
Wow...got you cranked up for asking a simple question.

You actually answered perfectly, thank you. Absolutely perfect.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good point lol.
Exactly. That's why I was confused with your statement. A good and very obvious "point".

Not sure why it was so mysterious. That you had to say "not allowed". WHat does that even mean? What was your point "not allowed". Your agenda showed hard, you got called out, and got mad.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Romo would have done nothing. He had never done anything before. Dak’s not doing anything. Romo was better than Dak but that’s not saying much.
Whether your statements about doing nothing are true or not is moot, but it depends what you mean by the term. The past is not always a negative indicator towards future success, especially when many other variables are involved.

Your last statement however answers the question. If Romo is better you play him. End of discussion.

This means according to you, Jones and Garrett failed the organization, and by extension the fan base.