If you had to choose...

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
Sweep the Commanders but narrowly miss the playoffs

-or-

Get swept by the Commanders but make the playoffs

Like everyone here, I was extremely disappointed when we missed the playoffs last season but honestly, I think the 2 losses to the Skins hurt worse and lingered longer.

Hopefully that pain comes to an end Sunday night.

Jay

Reaction score
Get swept and make the playoffs, without hesitation.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
You are entitled to your feelings and you probably aren't alone. However I would put the playoffs as a goal over beating the Skins every year. I do think they are related.

I believe this year if we are sweep then we will not be anywhere close to a playoff team.

phillycard

Reaction score
That's a terrible question. Outside of eagles fans wanting to beat you guys so bad it borders on psychotic, anyone who would rather his team sweep a rival but not make the playoffs is a fool. There are clowns that call 610 here who I KNOW feel that way.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
austintodallas said:

-or-

Like everyone here, I was extremely disappointed when we missed the playoffs last season but honestly, I think the 2 losses to the Skins hurt worse and lingered longer.

If we get swept by the Commanders I don't think we will make the playoffs anyways. (See last year). But I would much rather cheer for the Boys in 18 or 19 games than just 16...even if it does mean getting swept by the Skins

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It is my opinion that relative to where we are at in our teams development, our first team goal should be as follows.

Win the Division
Win a Playoff Game
Advance to the the Conference Championship
Represent the NFC in the Super Bowl
Win the Super Bowl

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
phillycard said:
That's a terrible question. Outside of eagles fans wanting to beat you guys so bad it borders on psychotic, anyone who would rather his team sweep a rival but not make the playoffs is a fool. There are clowns that call 610 here who I KNOW feel that way.
Just a topic for discussion really. I would pick playoffs as well.

Last year, however, I think I felt more pain over the sweep because I knew the team was young and improving and would be in the playoffs soon enough.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Who do you think we are by asking such a silly question? RedStink fans!

Now, RedStink fans would rather beat the Cowboys twice then make the playoffs...but, not a Dallas Cowboy fan.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Jay said:
Get swept and make the playoffs, without hesitation.
:hammer: This is a Super Bowl winning franchise, not some revenge seeking squad.. I'll take the play offs any time anywhere.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Wanting to beat a rival at the expense of making the playoffs is something for lower echelon teams, like the Commanders and Eagles, etc. to aspire toward.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
We've beaten the Commanders enough that they are our little beeotches.

I could care less whether they pick off a win here and there. We've owned them over the year.

Given that we've dominated them so consistently, its not imperative to beat them every time. I'll take the playoffs.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
The Commanders are irrelevant. I'd rather make the playoffs.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
The Commanders are irrelevant. I'd rather make the playoffs.

Exactly. That's why I don't understand this question.

It's like asking, "Would you rather beat the Cardinals twice or make the playoffs?" Who cares? The Commanders are nobodies compared to us.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Id much rather have a shot at a World Championship than beat the Skins.....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
austintodallas said:

-or-

It is all about going to the show, I'd gladly give up a couple of game to the skins if in the end Dallas was in the playoffs.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is not Extremeskins ...... where their only goal in life is to beat the boys ....

The Skins dont mean squat to us in the big picture. We have never fired a coach for losing to the SKins ..... Like they have for losing to us.

Skins are our Doormats. period.