If you have a 10 year old child....

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
This has been a sad franchise the last decade.

And, sadly, the light at the end of the tunnel has been replaced by a dark, engulfing cloud.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
To the youngsters:

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

I became a Cowboys fan when I was around 6 years old (living in Oregon, so I'm not even a Dallas native)... just missing the Staubach years and the Superbowls of the 1970s.

The late 70s and early 80s were nothing but close calls and heartaches for a young Cowboys fan... and then it got worse, much much worse. In the late 80s we had malaise while our greatest rivals won Superbowls. And then we became the worst team in the league.

By that time, I was about 17 or 18 -- a fan of the worst team in the league, and there hadn't been too many playoff wins to hang our hats on.

Even though Superbowls had been won in my lifetime, I was too young too appreciate them. But I stuck with my team through 1-15, and that made it all the more rewarding when we finally turned things around again.

The Cowboys are a proud franchise. Things will turn around. Don't lose hope.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Danny White;1296092 said:
To the youngsters:

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

I became a Cowboys fan when I was around 6 years old (living in Oregon, so I'm not even a Dallas native)... just missing the Staubach years and the Superbowls of the 1970s.

The late 70s and early 80s were nothing but close calls and heartaches for a young Cowboys fan... and then it got worse, much much worse. In the late 80s we had malaise while our greatest rivals won Superbowls. And then we became the worst team in the league.

By that time, I was about 17 or 18 -- a fan of the worst team in the league, and there hadn't been too many playoff wins to hang our hats on.

Even though Superbowls had been won in my lifetime, I was too young too appreciate them. But I stuck with my team through 1-15, and that made it all the more rewarding when we finally turned things around again.

The Cowboys are a proud franchise. Things will turn around. Don't lose hope.

I won't lose hope.

Unlike most, I still see this team as a great team that can win the big one very soon.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Man, I'll tell you what. Any of you guys that started rooting for this team after 1995 are true-blue fans! My hats off to you. Us older shmoes at least have the three previous decades to remember fondly during these dark times!

jbsg02

Reaction score
Thats sad. A franchise like the Cowboys should be in the hunt every year

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Joe Rod;1296121 said:
Man, I'll tell you what. Any of you guys that started rooting for this team after 1995 are true-blue fans! My hats off to you. Us older shmoes at least have the three previous decades to remember fondly during these dark times!

I think the glory days may be what keeps alot of us hanging in there.

I've never been a fan of any other team and never will be.