If You Told Me...

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Thanks Hos.

I'm feeling really really good about this team right now. We took some of their best shots right on the chin and returned fire.

Who amongst us didn't KNOW Tony was taking us in for 7 after Ratliff's fumble recovery?
I knew it, I could feel it. This kid has all my confidence.

There is no doubt our defense has to step it up a few notches and it will. Once we have Newman, A.Jones and Spencer firing on all cylinders, we could be special on defense as well.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Like I said in a other thread... they brought their "A" game and we obviously did not (11 penalties...etc + the awful officiating) and we still won... WOW

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Hostile;2268183 said:
...we would have 11 penalties, give up 37 points, and two crucial turnovers, and still win...I'd have asked you what you were smoking.

The three things I am most jazzed about with Monday's win.

1. It was a Division Rival who has been giving us fits. The Eagles have the best record against us of any Division rival. They have won more games against us than any other team.

2. Tony Romo was not sacked despite a furious pass rush by Eagles DC Jim Johnson. I have nothing but respect for Jim Johnson. I think he is the best DC in the NFL. Call me crazy, but I will take 2 or 3 penalties by the OL every game as long as Romo is never sacked.

3. The play of our top 3 rookies. How encouraging was that? I can't speak for anyone else, but as for me, the future doesn't look at all bleak. Great job by the scouting department and by the entire staff at the Draft.

The general of optimism yet hostile in name.:D

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Hostile;2268183 said:
3. The play of our top 3 rookies. How encouraging was that? I can't speak for anyone else, but as for me, the future doesn't look at all bleak. Great job by the scouting department and by the entire staff at the Draft.

You could make an argument that the rookies were the difference in the game.

Jenkins deflections on a sure TD and momentum/game changer
FJones with the return and over 200 all purpose yards
Martellus is gonna be a beast

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Hostile;2268183 said:
Great job by the scouting department and by the entire staff at the Draft.

Ya.
One of the good storylines. Smart drafting. Spencer, Scandrick, Jenkins, JONES!! among others.
Jerra gets so little credit so a toast to the GM: Good drafting, Jerra!

Aikbach

Reaction score
So knock on wood, Romo has not been sacked in the first two games.

That means Dallas has gone through 1/8 of the season without the opposition registering a sack, impressive, especially with a back up playing at guard.

Romo is on pace to throw 16 picks however which is gross.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Aikbach;2268470 said:

That means Dallas has gone through 1/8 of the season without the opposition registering a sack, impressive, especially with a back up playing at guard.

He wasnt sacked but the Browns made him the meat in their sandwich. Scary.

40 TD's and 16 INT's is not bad :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Aikbach;2268470 said:

He threw 19 last year so it would be an improvement.

Aaron Kampman this week will give our OTs all they can handle. If we go without giving up a sack again I am going to start getting giddy.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
Hostile;2268183 said:
...we would have 11 penalties, give up 37 points, and two crucial turnovers, and still win...I'd have asked you what you were smoking.

The three things I am most jazzed about with Monday's win.

1. It was a Division Rival who has been giving us fits. The Eagles have the best record against us of any Division rival. They have won more games against us than any other team.

2. Tony Romo was not sacked despite a furious pass rush by Eagles DC Jim Johnson. I have nothing but respect for Jim Johnson. I think he is the best DC in the NFL. Call me crazy, but I will take 2 or 3 penalties by the OL every game as long as Romo is never sacked.

im not sure how you feel about this, but i think i would've traded the sack for 5 points....its like a catch 22 :laugh2:

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
YoMick;2268462 said:
You could make an argument that the rookies were the difference in the game.

Jenkins deflections on a sure TD and momentum/game changer
FJones with the return and over 200 all purpose yards
Martellus is gonna be a beast

I agree.

Also lets not forget the Zack Thomas deflection, we all know his not a rookie but his addition to the cowboys in the off-season is really paying off.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BLEU3ASY;2268618 said:
im not sure how you feel about this, but i think i would've traded the sack for 5 points....its like a catch 22 :laugh2:
I care more about the W than I do all the other stats put together.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
BLEU3ASY;2268618 said:

You know its weird... when it happened I wasnt that mad. I just thought to myself. Ok, they scored. We get the ball back. We can answer that score. Before Romo I didnt have that confidence.

We all now Romo was trying to fix a broken play when he picked it and tried to throw it. Thats Tony Romo. Thats who he is.

I actually didnt want the sack and safety and then give them the ball back.

djtavo;2268619 said:
I agree.

Also lets not forget the Zack Thomas deflection, we all know his not a rookie but his addition to the cowboys in the off-season is really paying off.

Absolutely. I love this guy.
Even though a vet he is a Cowboys rookie and he is playing the part of "new cowboy with something to prove" - so that works for me.

I call him RAM MAN.

180px-Ram-man-2002.jpg

jimmy40

Reaction score
Hostile;2268183 said:
Either that was the best game ever by an offensive line against a Jim Johnson defense or that pass rush wasn't that furious.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
BLEU3ASY;2268618 said:

yeah but then they get 2 pts and the ball back with a chance to make another TD against a deflated Dallas team. I would rather just give up the TD, only 7 pts instead of 9....and have our offense back on the field in attack mode, with Romo ready to make up for his slippery hands.

BTW, he better not ever get sent to prison, cause he is gonna have so many problems in the shower with the soap just poppin out of his hands.....hehehehe

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Biggems;2268701 said:
yeah but then they get 2 pts and the ball back with a chance to make another TD against a deflated Dallas team. I would rather just give up the TD, only 7 pts instead of 9....and have our offense back on the field in attack mode, with Romo ready to make up for his slippery hands.

We are definitely on the same page.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jimmy40;2268694 said:
Either that was the best game ever by an offensive line against a Jim Johnson defense or that pass rush wasn't that furious.
I don't think it has to be either extreme, but that's just me. I usually think there is room for interpretation.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
YoMick;2268675 said:
You know its weird... when it happened I wasnt that mad. I just thought to myself. Ok, they scored. We get the ball back. We can answer that score. Before Romo I didnt have that confidence.

We all now Romo was trying to fix a broken play when he picked it and tried to throw it. Thats Tony Romo. Thats who he is.

I actually didnt want the sack and safety and then give them the ball back.
Romo should have punted it. We know he would have gotten like a 70 yard roll and we would all be claiming he's a genius.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Zaxor;2268285 said:
Like I said in a other thread... they brought their "A" game and we obviously did not (11 penalties...etc + the awful officiating) and we still won... WOW
Yep, Add in Stanback's bobbled Kickoff and Folk's kickoff out of Bounds along with Romo's Bad turnover.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
bbgun;2268228 said:
It was a nice win, but don't expect to get to the Super Bowl that way (i.e. shootouts). We held them to 10 measly points last December, even though they were healthier then at wideout. Is Desean Jackson worth a 20 point boost?
Maybe he's good for 6 more points, considering Tony's to blame for 14 of that 20.