If you want Dak out or not paid $60M the status quo is great

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I get the anxiousness. Jerry sold us the farm and delivered a turd as usual. That is besides the point.

Dak is currently costing ~$50M on the cap. That is the biggest reason why we cannot do anything right now. If he we pay Dak $60M then we have this to enjoy every offseason.

Paying any but the most game-changing of quarterbacks 25% of your cap is going to limit the budget. We still need to pay for more RB, LB, etc if we are contend given last year. $15M would go a HUGE way for that.

Yet here we are. Dak is telling Jane Slater that they have all the leverage with a no trade clause.

Well, Cowboys nation, I say we stand strong. It's okay if they do not sign anyone else as long as we do not give him anywhere near what he wants. I would love to see what the compensatory looks like.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Is that a first round compensatory? Trying to think to the last big bucks QB who didn’t re-sign. Usually teams who are fed up with the starter QB results get rid of them first or trade away but god bless our Owner/GM and his attrition until death philosophies.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I get the anxiousness. Jerry sold us the farm and delivered a turd as usual. That is besides the point.

Dak is currently costing ~$50M on the cap. That is the biggest reason why we cannot do anything right now. If he we pay Dak $60M then we have this to enjoy every offseason.

Paying any but the most game-changing of quarterbacks 25% of your cap is going to limit the budget. We still need to pay for more RB, LB, etc if we are contend given last year. $15M would go a HUGE way for that.

Yet here we are. Dak is telling Jane Slater that they have all the leverage with a no trade clause.

Well, Cowboys nation, I say we stand strong. It's okay if they do not sign anyone else as long as we do not give him anywhere near what he wants. I would love to see what the compensatory looks like.
Well that says it all.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Is that a first round compensatory? Trying to think to the last big bucks QB who didn’t re-sign. Usually teams who are fed up with the starter QB results get rid of them first or trade away but god bless our Owner/GM and his attrition until death philosophies.
I have no idea but someone will pay him $60M. The last first rounder was for Reggie White so maybe

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Dak wants to go full greed, I’m good with a disaster season as long as it is his last in Dallas. But, I don’t blame him for getting every last penny either.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I really don't care either way....someone has to take the snaps, I don't think MM knows how to run the Single Wing offense.
Thing is it highly unlikely he is willing to take a cheaper deal. He is going to play this year either way.

The wilderness is uncertain but I am certain $60M and Dak Prescott are not going to get us any Lombardis. He is 30 and only going to lose more mobility the regression of which has already hurt his game.

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
The Broncos benched Russell Wilson and he was being paid a ton. I would tell Dak, he is going to ride the pine this year with his 60 million dollar cap hit unless he waives his NO Trade Clause.
Then Trade him to the Patriots for the 3rd overall pick. They have more than enough money to pay him and why would they want to risk busting on a rookie QB. At least, they would know what they have in Dak.

Then Trade Parsons to the Cardinals for picks 4 and 35.
Give CD a new contract
Restructure some players to make cap space
Sign DJ Reader, Bobby Wagner, Derrick Henry, Emmanuel Ogbah, Cedrick Wilson all to 2year deals.
Cut Gallup

Draft
3. LT Joe Alt
4. WR Marvin Harrison Jr.
24. C Zach Frazier
35. DE Chris Braswell
56. DT Ruke Orhorhoro
87. CB Caelen Carson

TADA

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
The Broncos benched Russell Wilson and he was being paid a ton. I would tell Dak, he is going to ride the pine this year with his 60 million dollar cap hit unless he waives his NO Trade Clause.
Then Trade him to the Patriots for the 3rd overall pick. They have more than enough money to pay him and why would they want to risk busting on a rookie QB. At least, they would know what they have in Dak.

Then Trade Parsons to the Cardinals for picks 4 and 35.
Give CD a new contract
Restructure some players to make cap space
Sign DJ Reader, Bobby Wagner, Derrick Henry, Emmanuel Ogbah, Cedrick Wilson all to 2year deals.
Cut Gallup

Draft
3. LT Joe Alt
4. WR Marvin Harrison Jr.
24. C Zach Frazier
35. DE Chris Braswell
56. DT Ruke Orhorhoro
87. CB Caelen Carson

TADA
LOL @ getting the 3rd overall pick for Wack Prescott. He’s in a contract year and will demand top dollar, when the patriots can draft a QB at #3 overall and pay him on a rookie deal. Hmm tough choice!

Chasing6

Reaction score

25% of the fans got what they wanted. To blame Dak for last season and will most likely try again for 2024.

I have not heard Dak demand anything. There has been no dialogue. How do you know what he wants or demands.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Dak and his loudmouth bro/forum member can take their act somewhere else. The guy was paid like a Mahomes to do more than repeat playoff failures.

Time to move on.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

I say I agree don't give him anything, but make a lot of trades in the draft to get more players that you can't get in free agency

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Then I love this offseason. It's all Daks fault as it is on the field. Time to get a reall QB so we could have a real chance at winning. Dak will never win a SB.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
25% of the fans got what they wanted. To blame Dak for last season and will most likely try again for 2024.

I have not heard Dak demand anything. There has been no dialogue. How do you know what he wants or demands.
So what has Dak asked for? All we've heard is that he's holding all the cards, in such circumstances that person dictates the negotiation.

visionary

Reaction score

Id be ok if that is really the plan
My fear is that they fold and pay him 60 million during TC which accomplishes nothing