If you want Dak out or not paid $60M the status quo is great

visionary

Reaction score
25% of the fans got what they wanted. To blame Dak for last season and will most likely try again for 2024.

I have not heard Dak demand anything. There has been no dialogue. How do you know what he wants or demands.
Learn from his history and his agent’s history

He is looking to reset the market at 60 million per and no tag and no trade clause

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I get the anxiousness. Jerry sold us the farm and delivered a turd as usual. That is besides the point.

Dak is currently costing ~$50M on the cap. That is the biggest reason why we cannot do anything right now. If he we pay Dak $60M then we have this to enjoy every offseason.

Paying any but the most game-changing of quarterbacks 25% of your cap is going to limit the budget. We still need to pay for more RB, LB, etc if we are contend given last year. $15M would go a HUGE way for that.

Yet here we are. Dak is telling Jane Slater that they have all the leverage with a no trade clause.

Well, Cowboys nation, I say we stand strong. It's okay if they do not sign anyone else as long as we do not give him anywhere near what he wants. I would love to see what the compensatory looks like.
Damn, I hate agreeing with you, but I do. :laugh:

Landryhat73

Reaction score
The problem is that Dallas constantly waits to resign their players and then they set the market. If Prescott was extended before Burrow, Herbert and Jackson, it would of been around $50 Million. But now its to late - If Dak gets $60 million per year, he will be the highest paid players until at least 2028. My problem with the front office is not that they aren't afraid to spend money, its how and when it is allocated.

Personally I would restructure the contract and save the $18 million, try to win this year and have a complete rebuild next year. No matter what 2025 will have around $100 million in dead money.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Thinking that Jerry and Stephen would suddenly change their strategy without Dak on the roster is naive, foolish. This is how they run their business.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They will extend Dak. This is one of the chips they have to stay in the headlines.

infamousstyles

Reaction score
Thinking that Jerry and Stephen would suddenly change their strategy without Dak on the roster is naive, foolish. This is how they run their business.
I agree. Get rid of dak doesn’t automatically mean they start spending money like it’s going out of style. These guys are cheap and ultimately don’t want to win unless it’s their way. It’s like watching a person drive into the same brick wall thinking the results are going to change after they take it to the body shop.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
If Dak wants to go full greed, I’m good with a disaster season as long as it is his last in Dallas. But, I don’t blame him for getting every last penny either.
He is going to go for broke. He knows that there won't be any other franchise out there dumb enough to give him what he is asking and his agent knows this too. They are just hoping that Jerry is too stupid to realize this.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Thing is it highly unlikely he is willing to take a cheaper deal. He is going to play this year either way.

The wilderness is uncertain but I am certain $60M and Dak Prescott are not going to get us any Lombardis. He is 30 and only going to lose more mobility the regression of which has already hurt his game.
It is unlikely for him to take any deal if GM Jeruh is not going to talk to him.

If you are Dak(or any other player) at this point why would you want to stay? GM Jeruh is not serious about winning a SB, half the Cowboy fans are not smart to realize it is not all Dak's fault.

He should play out his contract and go to a team that actually is attempting to win a SB.

Aven8

Reaction score
I would be in the phone with Chicago and trying to get Fields. Let he and Lance duke it out.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I would be in the phone with Chicago and trying to get Fields. Let he and Lance duke it out.
Sounds great. Two inexperienced athletes battling it out to see who might turn into a QB.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Dak with such contract demands can go play football in his back yard for all I care and like Uncle Rico think to himself, “Man I could throw the ball over them mountains.”

If they had any in Texas.