If you were running the Cowboys draft, what would you have done differently?

kilz

Reaction score
I would have taken Tanard Jackson the safety from Syracuse over Slash Stanback.

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
I would have instantly given myself a raise. Other than that I am not sure what I would have done differently in the first day and I think Ireland has done his due diligence thus far for the second day. Maybe I should ask for a raise and a piece of the action. (%

NickZepp

Reaction score
kilz;1478511 said:
I would have taken Tanard Jackson the safety from Syracuse over Slash Stanback.

I don't disagree too much with that. Tanard would be a good nickel guy maybe. But Steinback is a good athlete and has a really good arm. And there were all these posts about wanting a WR well this guy could be that WR that all these posters wanted.

kilz

Reaction score
NickZepp;1478526 said:
I don't disagree too much with that. Tanard would be a good nickel guy maybe. But Steinback is a good athlete and has a really good arm. And there were all these posts about wanting a WR well this guy could be that WR that all these posters wanted.

I watched Stanback play a few times last year. He was an amazing scrambling runner. I don't recall him passing much, but do remember watching him run. He was sick. I hate UW so I was rooting against him every game, but was impressed by him as an athlete none the less.

That being said, I have never seen him catch a pass and don't think he'll be taking any snaps under center as a Cowboy either.

Jackson was a CB/S that lacked some speed, but had good skills and experience. I believe he would have been a nice addition right away in the seconday...be it in the nickel or as depth.

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
NickZepp;1478526 said:

I agree about Tanard. I would have been happy if the Cowboys picked Tanard instead of Steinback. Not too many "slash" players turn out to be good "non slash" players. The last QB "slash" player the Cowboys had was Woody Dantzler. We all know how that turned out. The best "slash" I remember played for Guns And Roses. :)

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
I would have drafted stephen jackson, shawn merriman, and brady quinn. I would have then drafted calvin johnson to be the place kicker.

Ratmatt

Reaction score
I like almost everything they have done,except I would have taken Paul Soliai DT Utah at #103 in the 4th.

neosapien23

Reaction score
The only problem I have with this draft is the Stanton pick. Dallas definitely reached for him and the NT from Utah would have been a much better pick. Unless the massive NT Thomas Walter is brought in as a free agent, Dallas will go into the season without a NT to help out Ferguson.