If your the Chargers do you hire Garrett or Pederson?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Imo Pederson has reached his ceiling and Garrett is like that line in the stock market that doesnt go up as much, but streight more than anything.

You are asking who'd you rather have for mediocrity!

Pederson is head and shoulders better and its not even close to be honest. Just on the offensive side of the ball alone, Pederson blows away Garrett. And then the HC side its even more lopsided. What happened to the Cowboys this year is basically what has happened to Pederson for the last 5 years and he still won a title and made the playoffs multiple times.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Based on their success as a head coach I would have to go with Pederson. He had far more success in his five years with Philly than Garrett had during his 10 year tenure with the Cowboys. Pederson had 3 winning seasons in 5 years and a 6-4 playoff record which included a SB win. All the Cowboys did under Garrett for 10 years was spin their wheels. I’ll be surprised if Garrett ever gets another head coaching job. He wasn’t even good as an OC last season with the Giants.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yeah I was on both of those boards, mostly for reading entertainment and Cowboy info, with intermittent posting. I use to go to battle with him on occasion.

If you were on the old FWST board then you go a long way back. I enjoyed that board but it was unmoderated which resulted in a lot of trouble that got the board taken down. A lot of Eagles fans that were getting banned from their board invaded our board. They referred to themselves as the dorks. They caused a lot of trouble resulting in the termination of our board.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’ll suspend my bias against Garrett for a minute.

Between the two, and with a very young QB in the equation, I’m going Garrett. Whether or not he had a large stake in building Dak up, he always came off as a coach that favored the QB position first, and everything else second.

Now, I’d neuter the crap out of his role in offensive play calling/design. Bring in someone fresh. Garrett isn’t a horrible coach, just a very, very average to slightly below average coach. He can lock up a 15-20 spot every year in coaching ranks if he has a decent team. He sucks at game planning, adjustments, doesn’t have a depth of coaching networks and is not a good Xs and Os Coach. What he gives is a steady Coach with a cheesy, but a consistent and easy to call consume mission statement for the team.

Pederson is just a doosher that was fortunate that Reich and Defillipo were onboard to carry his butt to a Super Bowl.

tico

Reaction score
Pederson Has a SB resume
Garrett has 2 or 3 playoff wins in 9 years...
Nuff said!!!!!