If you're a 10 yr old kid in Texas, why do you choose the Boys over the Texans?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I was in the building for that loss to the Texans in their first ever game.

One of the absolute lowest points in the fine Jones era.

Lots of letdowns, lowpoints and underachievement.

It's getting to where even if Jerry pulls off his miracle and wins once he will still be regarded and a moron as a "football guy" on the whole.

Low point? Oh man we have gone a lot lower since then. I wouldn’t put that loss in the bottom 10 low points in the modern era.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I was similar. In 1975 I was 5. Within the span of then to 77 Is when the Cowboys became important to me because I remember the Denver SB like it was yesterday. But I also had an older brother that went to UT in 78 as Earl was leaving and I thought him on the Oilers was awesome. I wanted the Oilers to beat Pittsburgh. After the Oilers left snd Texans come I had a hard time liking the Texans because I lived in Houston and the fan base was insufferable toward Dallas fans. But as a kid today I’d hate the Cowboys with Jerry
Yea I also Liked the Oilers when Campbell played for them. They were my second favorite team but after Bum and Earl left my interest in them went down.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Low point? Oh man we have gone a lot lower since then. I wouldn’t put that loss in the bottom 10 low points in the modern era.
Said ONE of them, and for ME it was.

Knowing what we know now, and what happened just after and since changes it a bit, but at the time, in that building, listening to those fans give me a hard time in their first game EVER. It sucked.

It hurt a helluva lot more than playoff losses when we won all the time when I was a kid.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Because the Texans also haven’t made a championship game this millennium? Saints though... they’re considered semi-local right?
With Dallas?

About like the Panthers are to Philly

This whole thread is silly
North Texans usually pull for Dallas teams unless they hopped on the Spurs bandwagon years ago a stayed there.

As for the Texans, its not like they've been much more successful than Dallas for any real stretch.

Last edited:

efh313

Reaction score
After the flare you saw tonight from Watson vs the memes you see associated with the Boys, why would you voluntarily choose the Boys if you have no familial attachment to them?

Every Cowboy fan should be rooting for the Texans because their success makes Jerry nervous. There's a reason he's prevented San Antonio from getting a team all these years and why one of the two times he's cried after a game was the Texans inaugural game victory over the Cowboys. He does not want competition in his own backyard.
One reason and one reason only...
The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders!!!

Iago33

Reaction score
After the flare you saw tonight from Watson vs the memes you see associated with the Boys, why would you voluntarily choose the Boys if you have no familial attachment to them?

Every Cowboy fan should be rooting for the Texans because their success makes Jerry nervous. There's a reason he's prevented San Antonio from getting a team all these years and why one of the two times he's cried after a game was the Texans inaugural game victory over the Cowboys. He does not want competition in his own backyard.
Family legacy. Who chooses to be a fan of a team?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Same reason for a 10 year old kid living in Pennsylvania and chooses the Cowboys over Egals, um Pittyburger.

Obviously, the kid inherited their family's brains. :lmao:

strollinruss

Reaction score

Because the Texan fans are some of the most obnoxious and football illiterate people on the planet. Part of it is our own fault by losing to them in their first game(I think they are still circle jerking over that one) but their pure hatred for the Cowboys is so off putting

kskboys

Reaction score
Texans are my 2nd team.

I have never understood the hate for the "other" local team. I always root for Texas teams first.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
To answer your question, because the Cowboy uniforms are way better.
Yes!!!! they have the ugliest uniforms and helmets in all NFL!
They are the texans, but have a bull head on their helmets ! lol what is that ??
Colors are bad too, and now like some other teams they have gone to the all black uniforms . NIKE sucks, they have ruined nfl uniforms.

Cowboys still have the best looking uniforms, aside from those all white things.
and that is what attracts kids or new fans. Sometimes also it is one player
that will attract new fans.
When I was a kid , I started liking teams, and I had no idea what their records were.