If you're going to sign/franchise Dak, the time to do it is now

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Again everyone, and as always with Jerry Jones, follow what they do and not what they say. He’s not signed for a reason.

They are going to franchise him and draft a quarterback, keep him for one year then the new quarterback takes over in 2021.

Jerry is a lot of things but he’s not a dumb guy. If he were to come out and say that our plan is to franchise Dak and rent him for a year, Dak wouldn’t sign the tender.

And again, if Jerry wanted Dak here, he’d be signed. Name me one player who Jerry wanted who didn’t get signed.

Retro88

Reaction score
Dak is average but when you’re not used to good things average seems like it’s better than you think. When you see the next level you see what you thought was better than average is in fact average or worse. That’s most of you Dak fans. You can’t be a good qb if you’re mainly only good against non playoff type teams sorry. He had two good games against playoff type teams. That’s not good sir stop the madness. Lastly for the love of sanity please stop parroting the wins as a qb stat when you same guys without fail will say it’s a team game when we lose.

Stop being condescending. Just bc people dont agree with you dont mean they aren't right. We are in the best era of QB play so everyone knows what great looks like. There isnt 15 QBs in the league better than Dak so he's not average. Literally everything proves otherwise, except for you anti Dak people's "eye test". Thays all you guys even have to hang on to. When he was winning game after game you all pointed to his stats. Now he has high stats bc the entire team mostly took a step backwards and now you guys want to point to winning. Which is it? BTW, it's not a coincidence that the majority of actual football people differ from your opinion. The real problem is you think Brady, Mahommes, Brees, & Rodgers are the elites and everyone else is Ryan Leaf. Average is Brissett, Bridgewater, & your Gardner Minshews. It's possible to be a good QB but not an elite one. That's where Dak is.

Besides, with all you guys whining and complaining...what's your reasonable solution? How does drafting Fromm this year or using cap on Bridgewater going to help fill the holes on defense?

Brax

Reaction score
That season absolutely counts and 9 wins isnt average anyway. Now I'm not saying he is elite but the overwhelming majority of the anti Dak crowd are acting like he's garbage or "average". That's not true. He's a good QB but folks wanna trash him bc he's not Tom Brady. They trashed him when he was winning bc he wasnt putting up stats. Now that the entire team took a step back and he has high stats they wanna point to wins. What Dak did this year was not average. The wins he's accumulated over his career are not average. Im not against tagging him or bringing in an experienced backup but pretending like we can get better in FA or that this team is better warranted drafting a QB with a high pick is silly.
The DC are in the position with Dak due to Jerry's incompetence as a GM. There is no option but Dak at this point so the tag is Ideal and bring in someone to actually compete with him, problem is that will most likely not happen. I am not trashing Dak I believe he is average, I do not believe in paying top $ for average. I agree that there are folks who make him out as a bum but on the other end the Dak sycophants believe he is a top 5 QB some even the best in the NFL.

Brax

Reaction score
Watson and Mahomes are about to sign league changing deals that would only make it difficult to pay Prescott. Watson and Prescott are more comparable so if Houston gives him the bank, it's going to be hard to make a deal that is fair for both parties

I personally don't want the tag because it's just another stupid thing hovering over our heads. We know Jerry likes Prescott, and I believe McCarthy does too. He's won a playoff game and won the division twice. It's kind of hard to match that production.

Do it now before it gets even more unrealistic. The waiting game is stupid at this point
The scary part of Dak is Jerry saying how great he is, Jerry doesn't know a good QB from a poor one.
Here is some Jerry wisdom-
“I’ve tried to get cute - and I don't mind saying tried to be cute - at the quarterback spot “
“This quarterback Weeden can drive the ball down field. He's a thing of beauty on throwing a football. His passing motion and his arm,
frankly, you won't see a more gifted passer, power, accuracy, the entire aspect of it “
Cowboys flipped a third-round pick in 2005 for Henson to play quarterback for the team in 2004. He played a grand total of one game
for the Cowboys, and just like that, the Drew Henson experiment was over.
“If we had picked Manziel, he'd guarantee our relevance for 10 years.”
Cowboys tried to trade back into the first round to select quarterback Paxton Lynch, but couldn't get a deal done. Jones said he was still stewing about not snagging Lynch. "I was still mad about it," Jones said. "Actually thought we had it done."
Dallas also attempted to trade up to get Connor Cook

And all the above should scare any sane person when it comes to Dak.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Again everyone, and as always with Jerry Jones, follow what they do and not what they say. He’s not signed for a reason.

They are going to franchise him and draft a quarterback, keep him for one year then the new quarterback takes over in 2021.

Jerry is a lot of things but he’s not a dumb guy. If he were to come out and say that our plan is to franchise Dak and rent him for a year, Dak wouldn’t sign the tender.

And again, if Jerry wanted Dak here, he’d be signed. Name me one player who Jerry wanted who didn’t get signed.

And then you woke up with sticky pants.

Dak and Cooper are two examples and Zeke he couldn't get signed until the last minute as well as Lawrence. neither Dak and Cooper are close to the last minute.

Section446

Reaction score
Watson and Mahomes are about to sign league changing deals that would only make it difficult to pay Prescott. Watson and Prescott are more comparable so if Houston gives him the bank, it's going to be hard to make a deal that is fair for both parties

I personally don't want the tag because it's just another stupid thing hovering over our heads. We know Jerry likes Prescott, and I believe McCarthy does too. He's won a playoff game and won the division twice. It's kind of hard to match that production.

Do it now before it gets even more unrealistic. The waiting game is stupid at this point
Watson and Mahomes are on another planet compared to Dak, Jerry knows that.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Stop being condescending. Just bc people dont agree with you dont mean they aren't right. We are in the best era of QB play so everyone knows what great looks like. There isnt 15 QBs in the league better than Dak so he's not average. Literally everything proves otherwise, except for you anti Dak people's "eye test". Thays all you guys even have to hang on to. When he was winning game after game you all pointed to his stats. Now he has high stats bc the entire team mostly took a step backwards and now you guys want to point to winning. Which is it? BTW, it's not a coincidence that the majority of actual football people differ from your opinion. The real problem is you think Brady, Mahommes, Brees, & Rodgers are the elites and everyone else is Ryan Leaf. Average is Brissett, Bridgewater, & your Gardner Minshews. It's possible to be a good QB but not an elite one. That's where Dak is.

Besides, with all you guys whining and complaining...what's your reasonable solution? How does drafting Fromm this year or using cap on Bridgewater going to help fill the holes on defense?
I can't stop something I'm not doing. I think the better thing is for you to stop assuming because you're reading typed words in tone. I never said just because people,don't agree they aren't right.

Daks average and too bad like I said some of y'all aren't used to better things that a loaded civic is above average. I hope you eventually see better. Not my eye test but reality too. If you play your best games against bums and when it comes to better teams most of those games are duds your eyes should notice this also. Whenever you're bias you don't see these things because you want to IG ore the flaws. I'm willing to bet you do this on a relationship level to if you're still dating and not married. Don't worry we've all had it happen a time or two. As far as the strawman every Dak "hater" thinks alike show the proof. I didn't mention his stats at all. I'm sure I've said in this era most qb's are throwing for more yards but that wasn't why he was average to me. He's average because he still has the same expletive problems from his dang pre draft profile. So again unless you have proof spare me the one size fits all Dak Stan boy defense blabbering.

The ole football people,disagree so I guess that just wins your little Internet disagreement doesn't it? As far as the drsft if you don't know how a better QB on top of 6 more rounds of drafting mainly D can help the team you're just hopeless sir in a football way. Lastly I've said my reasonable solution many times but since you Dak stans think your football hero is sooo awesome y'all don't want any solution to work so y'all just whine anyway.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Thread had potential but It was hard to get pass “Watson andPrescott are more comparable”. If that’s the case let’s see if we can swindle the Texans into a trade for Watson with Dak......

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Thread had potential but It was hard to get pass “Watson andPrescott are more comparable”. If that’s the case let’s see if we can swindle the Texans into a trade for Watson with Dak......
I'm trying to swindle the Bengals instead for the number 1 pick. I think Dak this years and next years one should do.

Verdict

Reaction score
Hindsight is 20/20 but don’t most people wish we had signed Dak during or at the end of the 18 season. That would be pocket change to the numbers being thrown around now.