If Zeke ends up losing his case and the suspension happens, is our season over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
If Zeke ends up at some point losing his case and the suspension happens..

Is our season over?

Does anybody see a scenario where we have any real chance at the playoffs.?

Can our OL hang together long enough to protect DAK AND open holes for the remaining RBs.?

Can the defense improve with our rookie secondary enough to win any games along the way?

Does Carrot Top take some of the play calling back from Linehan if the offense sputters more?

I know some of you think it's too early for these questions...

but I was always a Boy Scout growing up..

we were taught BE PREPARED..

so I'm asking the general audience.

What say you?

It's OK if you want to vent in this thread..

Just stay within the rules.

CCBoy

Reaction score
No, the season isn't over, as he'll still hit stride in the most evolving part of the season...black 'n blue December.

But as far as the NFL, yes for this fan...as this places the knee jerk fools in charge of it wrongly handling what should be a quality example for our youth to shoot for. I'm afraid that this fan would not then encourage my grand/great grand children to follow that road to a dignified and respectful end product. Too many people have given up their lives to protect individual dignity and legal protections.

canters

Reaction score
I think team morale will take a big hit, and that makes the coaches even more important. But, if the OL can find itself and play better, and if the D plays better, we will have a chance to compete. There are no super flawless teams in the NFC. It is just a matter of managing flaws and dealing with injuries.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
I heard on a local radio station that getting EE suspended could possibly improve the Cowboys offense, primarily the ground game.

The theory was if EE is gone for 6 games the defense would stop selling to stop the run and it would open up the run game for our other RBS which would also indirectly help out CB and JW on their short and quick routes.

Obviously this theory makes a lot of assumptions, so take it for what it's worth.

pavalley

Reaction score
Why fans have to continuously announce they're threatening to leave, rather than just leaving.........:huh:
Why fans have to continuously announce they're threatening to leave, rather than just leaving.........:huh:
Voicing my opinion which is what you’re u do on an opinion board ******...called voicing my displeasure with the state of the nfl....try comprehending before you add your amazing insight....

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whether we are 14-2 or 2-14, it's never over. I've been a fan through thick and thin, win or lose, kneel or stand. Sorry, I'm a fan of the Dallas Cowboys football TEAM. I ,ay talk crap, like we are all entitled too, but I'll keep rooting, and watching as long as the good lord allows me too.

pavalley

Reaction score
:)
Whether we are 14-2 or 2-14, it's never over. I've been a fan through thick and thin, win or lose, kneel or stand. Sorry, I'm a fan of the Dallas Cowboys football TEAM. I ,ay talk crap, like we are all entitled too, but I'll keep rooting, and watching as long as the good lord allows me too.
Thank you for bringing me back around my friend

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Salud, brother. I know it's tough, just hang in there.
All you guys gave great answers.

Thanx for contributing.

Me..

I hope Jerrah's money can keep him on the field all season.

And if Zeke has to serve a suspension..

it be at the begining of next season giving us time to improve and adjust to him not being there.

But that's probably wishful thinking on my part...

I try not to do that normally.

Its the Dallas Cowboy fan in me.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The defense has always been the determining factor how the Cowboys season plays out.
Probably.

I have been leary of the defense all year.

If they get injuries on top of the suspensions..

we are done pretty much.

The 11 on offense already bear the hopes of the team.

Its alot to ask.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think team morale will take a big hit, and that makes the coaches even more important. But, if the OL can find itself and play better, and if the D plays better, we will have a chance to compete. There are no super flawless teams in the NFC. It is just a matter of managing flaws and dealing with injuries.

It would just be another built in excuse for Jerry to keep the coaching staff...well if we had Zeke, if players weren't injured....blah, blah, blah....same old excuses.
GB lost 15 players, mostly starters and still found a way to win a SB...coaching, had a lot to do with coaching. So if we can't make the playoffs because of no Zeke, or say, no Lee. Then the coaches are not doing their job.

But the FO will not see it that way. If no Zeke and no playoffs, nothing will be done anyway. If the playoffs and one and done, except them all back next year and the year after.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The defense has always been the determining factor how the Cowboys season plays out.

Yes the D will determine how far this team goes, with or without Zeke. But Zeke would be a big loss as we all know. But this is where the coaches need to show they are the right staff. Though JJ will have a built in excuse of why the season did not have success.

canters

Reaction score
It would just be another built in excuse for Jerry to keep the coaching staff...well if we had Zeke, if players weren't injured....blah, blah, blah....same old excuses.
GB lost 15 players, mostly starters and still found a way to win a SB...coaching, had a lot to do with coaching. So if we can't make the playoffs because of no Zeke, or say, no Lee. Then the coaches are not doing their job.

But the FO will not see it that way. If no Zeke and no playoffs, nothing will be done anyway. If the playoffs and one and done, except them all back next year and the year after.

You may be correct. But JJ sent a subtle message to JG last week after we lost a winnable game. These tend to bite you in the rear come January. IF we fall apart and lose say, 10 games even with a Zeke suspension, I can see JJ firing JG.

Status
Not open for further replies.