If Zeke stays who gets the load of carries?

CWR

Reaction score
You don't want Tony pounding it too crazy, but you also don't want Zeke hurting our offense with the 2 yard runs every play. Who gets the majority of the touches, I would love to see Tony more involved receiving the ball also! Please give your thoughts

Zeke seems to flash early in the season, so I'm guessing he gets dinged up and it slows him. Which means you would want load management on both rbs. In MMs offense it may be more screens and dump off to the rb and less carries. Maybe, it could work, but I'd prefer have a work horse capable back. Then we split it up with TP as the lead. Next year our sophomore back can take over.

There is a chance TP thrives in an Aaron Jones role and we retain him though. Unless a rookie looks really good.

Motorola

Reaction score
The guy who is getting drafted rounds 2-5 in April..
Play allocation for Cowboys running backs during the 2023 season:
○ 55% goes to rookie(s) + young vet FA \ Derrick Henry if the price is right (1 year prove it/2 years with 2nd voidable, 70% guranteed)
○ 30% of CARRIES to Pollard; 10% of his plays he is running pass routes
○ 15% to Elliott - and not just short yardage for 1st down & goaline...
dual \ split backfield to put the opposing defenses in a guessing position - on their heels

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don't want Tony pounding it too crazy, but you also don't want Zeke hurting our offense with the 2 yard runs every play. Who gets the majority of the touches, I would love to see Tony more involved receiving the ball also! Please give your thoughts
Situation will determine that. Will probably change from game to game. Also, MM may put Zeke in better position to succeed by not running him up the gut every play.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Zeke gets serious playing time than the bulk of the carries will come from their opponents.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Pollard was clearly the better player last year and they still gave Zeke way more carries DESPITE him missing multiple games. Jerry has his favorites
I have been assured on this very Forum JJ does not call the shots on Sundays..(this is not a shot at you Jazz..ok maybe a little one:)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
zeke at his speed, should put on 10 pounds and become a FB.

Jason 82 Witten

Reaction score
Pollard will get the majority of the carries Zeke will carry inside the 5 yard line because that’s who he has become, A multi million dollar goal line back

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Why do we continually wring our hands and suffer mediocrity hell (Yes, I said hell) because of washed-up players like Zeke?
That is the sign of being too comfortable with 9-8 seasons as have occurred over 27 years.
Let it go. Do we want to see 1.2 ypc in the year of our Jack Lord 2023?
Zeke is 2016.
90% of our worries, me lads, is spent on JAGs.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Why do we continually wring our hands and suffer mediocrity hell (Yes, I said hell) because of washed-up players like Zeke?
That is the sign of being too comfortable with 9-8 seasons as have occurred over 27 years.
Let it go. Do we want to see 1.2 ypc in the year of our Jack Lord 2023?
Zeke is 2016.
90% of our worries, me lads, is spent on JAGs.
Ask the zeke lovers, they'll tell you he's still the zeke of 2016 and that we need to run the offense through him lol

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lost me at the made up stat of 2 yards per run.
You Start one or more of these anti Zeke threads everyday.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Honestly, if Zeke is coming back, he needs to lose 15 pounds.. and still keep muscle. If he actually worked out in the offseason and really pushed himself, I could see him having a decent year. I just think he's pretty much done unless he takes a different approach.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Honestly, if Zeke is coming back, he needs to lose 15 pounds.. and still keep muscle. If he actually worked out in the offseason and really pushed himself, I could see him having a decent year. I just think he's pretty much done unless he takes a different approach.
Zeke has been in great shape the last 2 camps, i am with you on that if he will reduce his base salary to lower his cap hit from releasing him he is worth it. Short yardage and goaline with some FB play he can help...but the real is he will not be as good as TP, he just wont now unless he has been holding back which would be a diferent story.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Ask the zeke lovers, they'll tell you he's still the zeke of 2016 and that we need to run the offense through him lol
Zeke lovers are in a different reality. They believe RBs last a decade and keep their combine physiques and speeds forever. Zeke is washed up. Blimey, the hirsute lad backed Jerry into a corner and took advantage. Now Zeke is a begger. I dunna care about his 3 ypc. Walk and keep walking and see who is desperate enough to feature you.