IGNORE:Did espn say that jerry said he wanted to get his moneys worth of brad johnson

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Did espn do a feature on the cowboys with jerry jones basically saying something like, I have spent a lot of money on him, and i want my moneys worth, so he will stay with the team and be the 2nd string QB? Did anyone hear this on espn? someone told me this and i want to check to verify it,
thanks joe

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2412138 said:
Did espn do a feature on the cowboys with jerry jones basically saying something like, I have spent a lot of money on him, and i want my moneys worth, so he will stay with the team and be the 2nd string QB? Did anyone hear this on espn? someone told me this and i want to check to verify it,
thanks joe

I would doubt its BSPN stirrin the pot again....

Kilyin

Reaction score
money's worth? I think at this point it's time for a refund.

Section446

Reaction score
Somehow I highly doubt that Jerry would put the entire season on the line just to "get his money's worth" out of Johnson.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
PaulH1083;2412155 said:
Somehow I highly doubt that Jerry would put the entire season on the line just to "get his money's worth" out of Johnson.

Jerry's not that stupid.He's done stupid things,but he's not stupid like that.

Givincer

Reaction score
If he said that, it's a stupid statement.

"Getting his money's worth" would definitely be in not letting him play another snap, since he's a flat out detriment. You spend money on players to help the team win. If playing a certain player hurts the team's chance to win, then you simply don't play that player, as getting no return on your money is better than getting a negative return. :laugh2:

TEUFELI

Reaction score
Who cares, why are we even talking about Brad Johnson? He is gone after this yr, and if Romo gets hurt again...the season is over, so it doesnt even matter. There really shouldnt be one more thread on Brad Johnson b/c he is completely irrelevant.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
thanks guys, i havent heard it or seen anyone post such a thing on this board

i will know from now on to watch what one of my friends says,

he loves wade phillips and wants to put all the problems on the media, jerry jones and garrett and players

but he thinks everything wade does is ok,

so i wanted to know if he was blowing hot air thanks;

cowboyed

Reaction score
Nors;2412200 said:
Jerry paid for and endorsed Brad Johnson-

Yes he paid for Brad Johnson but Phillips and Garrett endorsed Brad Johnson based on his performance during pre-season. Great convenient memory lapse.

Eddie

Reaction score
Getting his money's worth means BJ being the best holder in NFL history.

Primetime42

Reaction score
If Brad Johnson were a dog, he'd have been taken out back and shot by now.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Brad should be #2 QB because they should not change the FG holder mid season like this. If Romo goes down, you bring in Brooks as Emergency. He would have to be knocked out then for it to be a problem.

Just make sure Stanback is active.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Nors;2412565 said:
He gave Brad Johnson $7.5M

Who is stupid here?

Uhh Norse how much of that is guaranteed, how much of that is incentive tied to performance.

Who is naive here?