ILB Possibility-Bart Scott??

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
What are the thoughts on this guy? I have not seen him play but Lenny P calls him one of his sleeper UFAs.

s6165.jpg
12. LB Bart Scott Ravens His numbers for 2005, when he had 119 tackles and four sacks while starting 10 times in place of an injured Ray Lewis, camouflage some inconsistencies. He'll disappear sometimes, but 3-4 teams looking for a complementary inside 'backer know all about him.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
IMO, inside LB all depends upon how good Parcells feels about Burnett moving there and Fowler's development. I think Shanle has shown he is best suited in a reserve/nickel role.

I liked Derek Smith because he was an established vet who could act as a bridge to Burnett. If Burnett didn't pan out, Smith could have started a year or two and the position readdressed later. Unfortunately, he re-signed with the Niners.

Scott was also on my list. The Ravens want to re-sign him. I think he'd be a good option.

A couple of other possibilities: DeShon Polk of Houston and Nick Griesen.

Woods

Reaction score
I haven't seen Bart Scott play, but I do subscribe to Mel Kiper's draft/FA reports, and he was pretty positive on the guy.

Basically, if I remember correctly, Scott was a Special Teams demon who really impressed the Ravens' coaching staff when Lewis was injured. And they do want to re-sign him.

I think Scott could be the "mid-level" type of pick-up JJ has been talking about.

Manster54

Reaction score
Bart Scott is a high intensity guy. He would be very good for Dallas Special teams. When Ray Lewis got hurt, Scott started and did very well. I am not sure if he has the size for an inside 3-4 linebacker that can consistently take on guards and make plays. Ray Lewis couldn't even do that.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I got a feeling that we are going to give Greissen a look at ILB -- he wants to play inside and seems a better fit there than his outside position -- he looked very solid when we played the Giants.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
I agree, I think the ILB position will have alot to do with how BP feels about Burnett. If he's healthy, I think he's a strong candidate for the position...but that's a big "if".

I'm more concerned about finding someone on the outside. Al and Fajita don't make me comfortable at all.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
Don't see how this guy helps us any......IMO

I see how he can help but I don't see how he'll be much better than a cheaper guy.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
I don't want him. Scout Inc says he has trouble shedding blockers and "needs a lane to be effective"- that doesn't read like a 3-4 MLB to me.

We have a great chance to get lucky on ILB in the draft. The two guys I like are Kai Parham of VA and Anthony Schlegel of OSU. Parham ran a terrible 40 at the combine which will drop his stock like a rock. Schlegel is also not a real fast guy. But both guys are football players, they both tackle well, they both have size, both very productive. One of them will probably be there when we pick in the 5th. Problem solved.