I'll be so upset with our front office if Bollinger doesn't play

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CATCH17;2383825 said:
I know he isn't completely unknown but you see guys all the time who step in and play good with a different system and once the team figures out their tendancies within the New System they are in they come back down to earth.
What if Bollinger bombs?
CATCH17;2383825 said:
To Answer your 2nd paragraph.

Im not worried about Brad Johnsons feelings. Hes a big boy. He can handle it.

Besides he is gone after this year anyways and if he has to play for any period of time again this season is a wrap.

Short term and long term this is the best move.
That's not answering my second paragraph. Team equals everyone plus Brad Johnson, but I do agree in not caring how a benched backup quarterback is feeling emotionally.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JMO, but the chances of seeing Bollinger taking snaps this Sunday for the Cowboys are very slim.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
DallasEast;2383850 said:
What if Bollinger bombs?

That's not answering my second paragraph. Team equals everyone plus Brad Johnson, but I do agree in not caring how a benched backup quarterback is feeling emotionally.

If Bollinger bombs than so be it.

But if he doesn't bomb and just plays good enough for us to win than the risk was well worth it.

IMO it is well worth it if he bombs even.

If Johnson had the physical abilities to still play I wouldn't even be debating this. Keep that in mind.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2383859 said:
JMO, but the chances of seeing Bollinger taking snaps this Sunday for the Cowboys are very slim.

They don't want to hear this. It isn't part of their world.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2383860 said:
If Bollinger bombs than so be it.

But if he doesn't bomb and just plays good enough for us to win than the risk was well worth it.

IMO it is well worth it if he bombs even.

If Johnson had the physical abilities to still play I wouldn't even be debating this. Keep that in mind.
Johnson bombed against the Rams and just about Bombed against the bucs. only thing that saved him against the bucs was our defense and the bucs butterfingers.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Rampage;2383873 said:
Johnson bombed against the Rams and just about Bombed against the bucs. only thing that saved him against the bucs was our defense and the bucs butterfingers.

He did bomb vs the Bucs.

And just because the Bucs have butterfingers doesn't mean I didn't watch the damn game and saw him hit them right in their hands.

Guys are open. He has options. But he doesn't throw down field. He gives up on plays.

What does he do well? Someone please fill me in.

He has lost ALL physical abilities.

3 YPA on 33 passes is pathetic and the only excuse I will buy for not playing Bollinger is he has no grasp of this offense.

lgarcia792002

Reaction score
Will all i can say.... Is im tired of all these little passes that we see.. U look down field men open receivers out there... But i guess mr BJ check down Johnson cant see them or what ever it sucks.... The Tampa game should of been won by lots more points by the cowboys.. BUT MR BJ check down Johnson i GUESS was blind from the open receivers... Any how Im with the option of going with the other q/b

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2383749 said:
Here are my reasons.

1. We know now exactly what Brad Johnson is going to give us. Its clear he still knows the game mentally but he just doesn't have it at all anymore physically.

2. Brian Broadus who was a former NFL scout and even some of our own posters who have attended games have said guys are open and he isn't getting them the ball.

3. There is a misconception he is protecting the ball. The guy is very erratic and turned it over like crazy vs the Rams and he was very fortunate to not turn the ball over several times vs the Bucs

4. Bollinger is an unknown.

You see guys who haven't played all the time that step in and have a big game and then eventually fizzle out. We just need him to have that 1 big game for us.

Nobody knows how he will perform in this offense and that is a good thing.

5. It sends a message to the team that "we are holding nothing back"

Johnson is definetely holding this offense back.

6. Bollinger is young and still has physical skills.

Like I said earlier, Johnson just doesn't have the physical skills anymore and according to people who have seen Bollinger play he can at least take off and run at times.

My most important reason

7. If Tony Romo does get hurt again we all know the season is done with Brad Johnson.

Dallas will be wishing they made this move if Romo goes down again if for no other reason they will know what they got.

------------

We need a care taker but we also need someone who can make some plays down field when the opportunity is there.

3 YPA will not cut it.

Its the smart move short term and long term.

If we win this game all bets are off and the NFC East is anyones.

If Johnson plays its an Auto Loss.

So Jason, Wade, Jerry.... Please do the right thing.

Brad is starting....prepared to be upset with the front office I've been upset with them since the draft!!!!!!!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I'll be so upset with our front office if Bollinger doesn't play

I don't give a crap who plays. As long as we win.

You gonna tell me you'll be mad if BJ plays the whole game and we win?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2383942 said:
Brad is starting....prepared to be upset with the front office I've been upset with them since the draft!!!!!!!

If they start Brad I just hope I'm as wrong about him as you were about the draft.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Rack;2383972 said:
I don't give a crap who plays. As long as we win.

You gonna tell me you'll be mad if BJ plays the whole game and we win?

:lmao2:

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
I agree with this... There is no way Brad will push the ball down the field enought for us to sustain a drive.

At least Brooks can push the ball down the field and let TO, Williams, Austin , Crayton, Bennett make some plays!!

joseephuss

Reaction score
It is up to the coaches whether Bollinger plays. Phillips, Garrett and Wilson will make the call as to whether Brooks can play and help the team. It won't be up to the front office of Jerry and Stephen. Jerry has a lot of influence, but the front office guys usually don't make the call as to who sees the field.

zeromaster

Reaction score
The FO doesn't care about what message board threads have to say on the matter. It doesn't mean it's unimportant, but the OP is just setting expectations based on what we here may deem to be obvious evidence that are likely to be dashed anyway. :rolleyes:

It's not us getting paid to make these decisions. All we can do is wait and watch.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
joseephus, zeromaster,

If you guys read the last line in my original post I was sure to mention who needed to make the call.

aikemirv

Reaction score
CATCH17;2383749 said:
Here are my reasons.

1. We know now exactly what Brad Johnson is going to give us. Its clear he still knows the game mentally but he just doesn't have it at all anymore physically.

2. Brian Broadus who was a former NFL scout and even some of our own posters who have attended games have said guys are open and he isn't getting them the ball.

3. There is a misconception he is protecting the ball. The guy is very erratic and turned it over like crazy vs the Rams and he was very fortunate to not turn the ball over several times vs the Bucs

4. Bollinger is an unknown.

You see guys who haven't played all the time that step in and have a big game and then eventually fizzle out. We just need him to have that 1 big game for us.

Nobody knows how he will perform in this offense and that is a good thing.

5. It sends a message to the team that "we are holding nothing back"

Johnson is definetely holding this offense back.

6. Bollinger is young and still has physical skills.

Like I said earlier, Johnson just doesn't have the physical skills anymore and according to people who have seen Bollinger play he can at least take off and run at times.

My most important reason

7. If Tony Romo does get hurt again we all know the season is done with Brad Johnson.

Dallas will be wishing they made this move if Romo goes down again if for no other reason they will know what they got.

------------

We need a care taker but we also need someone who can make some plays down field when the opportunity is there.

3 YPA will not cut it.

Its the smart move short term and long term.

If we win this game all bets are off and the NFC East is anyones.

If Johnson plays its an Auto Loss.

So Jason, Wade, Jerry.... Please do the right thing.

Just another one of those blame the coaches and Jerry thread.

Complain about keeping him, complain about playing him, complain about getting Bollinger instead of.....(insert your fav)

Just watch the game and stop complaining.

Have I ever said how much I hate complainers;)

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I do not believe he will play.....minus injury or very poor performance by Johnson.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2385912 said:
Has anybody called Tonya Harding yet???:D

Lol! I wouldn't even send her on Manning, Burress, Tuck or Jacobs. I'd send her on Spagnuolo and Coughlin.