I'll give you one stat that changed this game

lzppjb

Reaction score
The Patriots were 11/17 on 3rd down.

Our inability to get off the field after playing well on 1st and 2nd down absolutely killed us. We get off the field even half of those times, and we're in 100% better shape. These conversions led to their 38+ minutes of possession, which in turn led to our sloppy 4th quarter. Our defense was dog tired at the end.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
yup, we did not get ANY kind of pressure on 3rd downs.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
I'll give you a stat that lost the game.

12 penalties for over 100 yards.

That killed three (possibly more) of our drives, and in turn, kept our defense on the field longer.

You cant play mistake ridden football against elite teams and expect to win. Its that simple.

slogriff

Reaction score
For the most part their receivers got open on those 3rd down plays but Brady just seemed to not miss when they did. Previous QBs we've played this year weren't making all those throws.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
lzppjb;1709677 said:

Our inability to get off the field after playing well on 1st and 2nd down absolutely killed us. We get off the field even half of those times, and we're in 100% better shape. These conversions led to their 38+ minutes of possession, which in turn led to our sloppy 4th quarter. Our defense was dog tired at the end.
I agree with this 100%. That is horrid execution. Even when they did get a stop, they committed a penalty.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Giving them two conversions with bonehead offsides penalties didn't help either.

Bryan8284

Reaction score
lzppjb;1709677 said:

Besides the fact that Brady didn't miss, Newman being outside instead of the slot is another huge factor.

Newman in the slot negates the quicker throws aka Welker.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
It's been happening all season. I don't know why anyone's surprised.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
That stat turned into another stat....they had over 70 plays to our just over 40....which turns into another stat....the TOP was roughly 40 minutes to 20 minutes.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Future 585;1710239 said:
Absolutely not...
To me it just seems like we never get a good jump once the ball is snapped. Our guys are barley doing their move and the QB is already 2-3 steps back ready to make a throw. When we send our "blitz" we hardly ever have someone break loose.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
dangerdoom4124;1710260 said:
To me it just seems like we never get a good jump once the ball is snapped. Our guys are barley doing their move and the QB is already 2-3 steps back ready to make a throw. When we send our "blitz" we hardly ever have someone break loose.

Our CBs sag off to much which allow those quick throws to be easy. Make them beat us deep on the sidelines when we blitz is what I would try to do...