I'm Back!!! Final Draft

Ceasaleo88

Reaction score
Ok We have about 2 weeks til the Draft. I was gonna wait until the last week to reveal my last draft, but the trigger finger got happy.

Here's a look at the 2 earlier ones I did:
--1st one pre-combine, post Senior Bowl--
http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111615

--2nd one Post combine--
http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113578

Now without any further ado The Final Draft :bow:

1A. Mike Jenkins- CB South Florida 5'10 195, 4.4 40
We're looking for an heir apparent to Henry, someone we can team up with Newman down the road. Y not take the corner that most resembles a young Anthony Henry, without all the injuries? Plus he adds return ability.

1B.(Hopefully traded for R.Williams or A.Boldin) but if not.. Felix Jones- RB Arkansas 5'10 207, 4.45 40
IMO perfect compliment back to Barber, he won't be a workhorse, but we won't need him to be, just his regular explosive self. Also return abilities

***WARNING*** FROM HERE I'M LIVING IN DUAL UNIVERSES LOL.. 1 WHERE THE TRADE WENT THRU 1 WHERE IT DIDN'T.. HOPE U FOLLOW ME****

2.(With Trade) Ray Rice- RB Rutgers 5'8 199, 4.44 40
Reminds me of a faster Emmitt, and I'm not scared of the amount of carries he received in college cuz he'll be splitting carries here. A do everything back.

(Without Trade) Tyrell Johnson- SS Arkansas St. 5'11 207, 4.45 40
Surprise pick I know, but I really believe that the way to go is to sign Hamlin long term and let Roy go next year. So we draft his replacement this year

3.(W/ Trade) Patrick Lee CB Auburn 6' 200, 4.42 40/ Terrell Thomas 6' 202, 4.49 40
Both of these guys are physical corners, good work ethics, and nice natural abilities.. Either one I'm happy with

(W/O Trade) Eddie Royal WR Va Tech 5'10 184, 4.39 40/ Dexter Jackson WR 5'9 182, 4.37 40/ Marcus Monk WR Arkansas 6'4 215, 4.42 40
This is where we can get great value on a WR IMO.. We might not get our future #1, but we can definitely find a replacement for T. Glenn. And any of these guys would fit the bill for me.

4. Peyton Hillis FB Arkansas 6' 240, 4.58 40
I like Schmitt from WVA, but this kid is a better all around player, and he's only 7 lbs lighter. Someone had to be blocking in front of McFadden and Jones for some of those yards.

5. I'm just gonna believe that the Pacman deal goes thru. I've heard we're offering a 6 and they want a 4 plus a pick next year. I say Jerry throws them a bone and gives up our 5th.

6. (W/ Trade) Frank Okam DT Texas 6'4 347, 5.29 40/ Pat Sims DT Auburn 6'2 310, 5.11 40
Not sure if he'll still be here but if he is Okam would be my pick. I really think we need to get a big DT in there with Tank. I see Ratliff moving back into the DE rotation, with less NG duties.

(W/O Trade) BenJarvus Green-Ellis RB Ole Miss 5'10 220, 4.63 40/ Allen Patrick 6' 198, 4.56 40/ Chauncey Washington 5'11 211, 4.45 40
This is why I said not to worry about the Felix Jones pick. We pick up a bigger back in the same mold as Barber in the 6th, just in case.

7. (W/ Trade) Dominique Barber S Minnesota 6' 210, 4.71 40/ Caleb Campbell S Army 6'2 229, 4.6 40
Pick up a special teams warrior, and potential replacement for Roy

(W/O Trade) Jack Ikegwuonu CB Wisconsin 5'10 194 4.5 40/ Terrence Wheatley CB Colorado 5'10 187, 4.37 40/ Zach Bowman 6' 197, 4.43 40
If no one has scooped him up, I'm pickin up Ikegwuonu and redshirting him lol.. Wheatley and Bowman are both quality corners that could help in the nickel and definitely have special teams potential.

There u have it folks the last one b4 the REAL DEAL!! I know I left some positions out. I would've liked to get an OG/C and maybe make sure I got another young hybrid DE/OLB. So tell me what u guys think.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Jones won't pick a FB at four. I doubt he drafts a FB period. Too easy to get an UDFA for that role. But that could be a problem. Deon is good IMO and will really come on this year. But you need two and drafting here may actually be the right answer. It's a two edged sword. You need a good player here but it's hard to keep these guys on the field. They're asking too much from these guys and they're getting hurt. Someone needs to redesign a helmet and some protection for the neck. Sorry I digressed.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
1A. Mike Jenkins- CB South Florida 5'10 195, 4.4 40

Wont' be here at #22 IMO will be gone before this pick!

(Without Trade) Tyrell Johnson- SS Arkansas St. 5'11 207, 4.45 40

TOO Early for this pick, he's not worth a 2nd rounder IMO!

3.(W/ Trade) Patrick Lee CB Auburn 6' 200, 4.42 40/ Terrell Thomas 6' 202, 4.49 40

Is a mid 2nd rounder, no way he lasts till late 3rd IMO!

(
W/O Trade) Eddie Royal WR Va Tech 5'10 184, 4.39 40/ Dexter Jackson WR 5'9 182, 4.37 40/ Marcus Monk WR Arkansas 6'4 215, 4.42 40

Royal will be gone, I LOVE Dexter Jackson and would want him in round 3 for sure, I HATE MONK!

I like him, don't know if F.B. is a need is all in our pass offense!

6. (W/ Trade) Frank Okam DT Texas 6'4 347, 5.29 40/ Pat Sims DT Auburn 6'2 310, 5.11 40

Okam will be gone by round 4 I feel, too much potential to lst this long, PAT SIMMS is an EARLY 2nd round pick, NO IDEA why you think h'es a late 6th rounde,r that's just crazy talk!

7. (W/ Trade) Dominique Barber S Minnesota 6' 210,

ENOUGH with MB3's brother, the guy SUCKS, I don't want any D.B. who runs mid 4.7's.

(W/O Trade) Jack Ikegwuonu CB Wisconsin 5'10 194 4.5 40/ Terrence Wheatley CB Colorado 5'10 187, 4.37 40/ Zach Bowman 6' 197, 4.43 40
If no one has scooped him up, I'm pickin up Ikegwuonu and redshirting him lol.. Wheatley and Bowman are both quality corners that could help in the nickel and definitely have special teams potential.

Ikegwounu IMO will be picked by someone in round 3 because of his upside potential, Wheatley is a 2nd-3rd round C.B. so once again NO IDEA why you have him here, and I got Bowman as a 3rd rounder also.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I like the trade draft scenarios but I do not think that Pat Sims falls to the 6th round. He will not get out of the 2nd round. I would love this draft if it happens.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Sims needs someone to light a fire under his underachieving butt. He's got Sapp quickness but won't work hard enough. Bad decision to come out. Should have stayed and worked hard and might have had a break out year. Has NFL talent though.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Both of these guys are physical corners, good work ethics, and nice natural abilities.. Either one I'm happy with

I was on the Patrick Lee bandwagon last week, but found out that he's already 24yrs old. This fact wouldn't bother me as much had he been a 2 or 3yr starter, but fact is that he doesn't have a lot of experience and probably wouldn't be able to start right away.

I also don't think he falls to the third rd, but if he does, he'd be a real good value pick.

Hailmary

Reaction score
I like Schmitt from WVA, but this kid is a better all around player, and he's only 7 lbs lighter. Someone had to be blocking in front of McFadden and Jones for some of those yards.

I think I'd rather see a kid like Cottam at this spot. I think a blocking TE would help us more than a FB. This kid's massive and has decent speed for someone his size. Might be a bit of a project, but I think the ceiling's pretty high w/ this kid.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
i don't like your RB selections.

I was on the Patrick Lee bandwagon last week, but found out that he's already 24yrs old. This fact wouldn't bother me as much had he been a 2 or 3yr starter, but fact is that he doesn't have a lot of experience and probably wouldn't be able to start right away.

I also don't think he falls to the third rd, but if he does, he'd be a real good value pick.

24 graduating college what did he do for like 2-3 outside of HS

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2035004 said:
i don't like your RB selections.

24 graduating college what did he do for like 2-3 outside of HS

NEWSFLASH, some people actually go to college for more then 4 years!

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2034892 said:
I think you may be closer than you even realize.

Nice job.

Really?
He has an early 2nd round prospect falling to us in round 6!
I dont' think he's even in the ballpark!
But to each his own I guess.