I'm Back

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Picsart-24-05-20-07-30-30-117.jpg

Screenshot-20240520-070935-Gallery.jpg

Who missed me? :cool:

shabazz

Reaction score
Zeke is the PERFECT player to sign for the 2024 season.

If one believes that this is a year of resetting contracts, 1 year contracts and an emphasis on the future. Zeke is just what the doctor ordered.

It's OK to put out less talented rbs and an inexperienced o- line but having Zeke back there will help the QB actually survive physically.....so that's a plus

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Zeke is the PERFECT player to sign for the 2024 season.

If one believes that this is a year of resetting contracts, 1 year contracts and an emphasis on the future. Zeke is just what the doctor ordered.

It's OK to put out less talented rbs and an inexperienced o- line but having Zeke back there will help the QB actually survive physically.....so that's a plus
Stupid pickup if we're not going to have him playing the last position he played for us which is the Center position!!!

shabazz

Reaction score
Stupid pickup if we're not going to have him playing the last position he played for us which is the Center position!!!
Coogs, do you want to see the fat cut after this season AND a better draft position?

If zeke is here in 2025 the situation must be that he's a 3rd stringer....not a part of the starting rotation.

Patience, grasshopper

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Coogs, do you want to see the fat cut after this season AND a better draft position?

If zeke is here in 2025 the situation must be that he's a 3rd stringer....not a part of the starting rotation.

Patience, grasshopper
If this is truly the goal, the Cowboys are doing it in the worst way possible. Cut the fat now and let some of the young guys one the roster sink or swim.....either they show promise and maybe get this team a backdoor playoff spot, or they don't, you know exactly what you have (or dont have) and a truly good draft position.

Being in this position of good enough to win at least 8 games, but having enough holes on the roster that a true run is unlikely is the worst thing you can do IMO. This team wants to drive in the fast lane, but they also want to go the speed limit the entire way.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

Patience, grasshopper
This was clearly sarcasm and an early morning joke, I don't know why I have to be a grasshopper

shabazz

Reaction score
If this is truly the goal, the Cowboys are doing it in the worst way possible. Cut the fat now and let some of the young guys one the roster sink or swim.....either they show promise and maybe get this team a backdoor playoff spot, or they don't, you know exactly what you have (or dont have) and a truly good draft position.

Being in this position of good enough to win at least 8 games, but having enough holes on the roster that a true run is unlikely is the worst thing you can do IMO. This team wants to drive in the fast lane, but they also want to go the speed limit the entire way.
If the theory is true, the single best move that could have been made would have been for the FO to get Dak to agree to a trade......it would fast track the reboot because fielding Rush or Lance with this schedule AND roster would result in an almost guaranteed top 7 or 8 draft spot.....with Dak, probably top 11 to 13 and out of the top QB picks

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If the theory is true, the single best move that could have been made would have been for the FO to get Dak to agree to a trade......it would fast track the reboot because fielding Rush or Lance with this schedule AND roster would result in an almost guaranteed top 7 or 8 draft spot.....with Dak, probably top 11 to 13 and out of the top QB picks
Agree completely. The failure to have a decision on Dak by now I think ultimately becomes the achilles' heel for this team this year. He should have either been signed or moved a couple months ago when it would have allowed this team to either improve the roster for 2024 or start being proactive for 2025. Currently we have neither.

shabazz

Reaction score
Agree completely. The failure to have a decision on Dak by now I think ultimately becomes the achilles' heel for this team this year. He should have either been signed or moved a couple months ago when it would have allowed this team to either improve the roster for 2024 or start being proactive for 2025. Currently we have neither.
The problem though is that only resigning him was something they could control but trading him was completely out of their control.....so they are currently choosing to let him leave after 2024 without compensation.

The Broncos did pretty much the same thing compensation-wise.....just releasing him instead of letting him walk

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The problem though is that only resigning him was something they could control but trading him was completely out of their control.....so they are currently choosing to let him leave after 2024 without compensation.

The Broncos did pretty much the same thing compensation-wise.....just releasing him instead of letting him walk
True, ultimately Dak has the final say on a trade, and maybe he is completely set on declining any trade scenario, but I'm operating under the assumption that had they been more proactive with this situation you could have gotten Dak to agree to a trade. Had they let him know back three months ago that he needs to either be extended or be the backup in 2024 i have to believe he would have been open to at least a short list of trade partners.

Of course I am assuming a lot on both ends.