I'm considering revising my prediction for 2019 without Elliott

Asklesko

Reaction score
We aren't as bad as all that. 5-11 is the floor I think.

Altestic

Reaction score
We aren't as bad as all that. 5-11 is the floor I think.
Better to be 3-13 than 5-11 honestly. If you're not going to contend for the playoffs, why bother winning 2 extra games for pride and screwing yourself in the draft?

2015 of course was a whole different situation, because we were 2-0, both division wins and flying high until Romo went down for good.

Altestic

Reaction score
Oooooooo

Show your last 5 years of predictions

That way we can have a good laugh together

Hell, we'll even laugh at mine
2015: 12-4 (that was before Romo went down)
2016: 11-5
2017: 11-5
2018: 12-4

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Better to be 3-13 than 5-11 honestly. If you're not going to contend for the playoffs, why bother winning 2 extra games for pride and screwing yourself in the draft?

2015 of course was a whole different situation, because we were 2-0, both division wins and flying high until Romo went down for good.

I agree, sometimes its just smart to tank the season .
Depending on how you fair mid.-season .

Altestic

Reaction score
I agree, sometimes its just smart to tank the season .
Depending on how you fair mid.-season .
if you're 0-5 with multiple division losses, it's time to give the down roster and practice squad guys a chance, shut any vets down that might be hurt, and prep for the draft and next year.

Asklesko

Reaction score

We won that last utterly meaningless game against Philly their Super Bowl year and fell draft spaces. Two games would be twice as good.

kskboys

Reaction score
if you're 0-5 with multiple division losses, it's time to give the down roster and practice squad guys a chance, shut any vets down that might be hurt, and prep for the draft and next year.
Or claim they're hurt even if they're not!!!!(See Jon Kitna in DET!!)

Altestic

Reaction score
We won that last utterly meaningless game against Philly their Super Bowl year and fell draft spaces. Two games would be twice as good.
'Twas the difference between Leighton Vander Esch vs. Derwin James. However, I think both are equally great and I'm happy with the one we got there.

If we had gotten, say, Ridley... and missed out on both James and LVE... I would still be pissed.

Asklesko

Reaction score
'Twas the difference between Leighton Vander Esch vs. Derwin James. However, I think both are equally great and I'm happy with the one we got there.

If we had gotten, say, Ridley... and missed out on both James and LVE... I would still be pissed.

So winning the game didn't screw us in the draft. Two games probably wouldn't either. Ipso facto 5-11 > 3-13. Always better to win more games!

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Silly chain yankin', nothin' more!!!

Now don't yee be sayin' nothin' bout whiskey snortin'!!!!!!
I was actually impressed with him doing beer bongs. LOL I prefer Stoli straight up myself.