I'm excited about Liafau!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This guy is gonna be be one of the Rookie finalist of the year!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

My experience as a pro football head coach for 35 years (before retiring and moving to Hawaii) tells me this guy is gonna be great.

Jerry does it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Superbowl here we come ........................ Go Cowboys! and God Bless Jerry Jones.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Can’t you though? 49ers knew they had Greenlaw and Warner and determined the interior was a weakness and went and got Hargraves.
We have a group think problem between Jerry, Jethro and Stephen.

They key word or phrase above was determined a problem.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I don’t get excited about a player because there’s been some positive talk about them during offseason workouts and OTA’s. I have to see them play well in games before I get excited.
Exactly why the offseason is so boring there's the draft and free agency. Nothing is worth caring about until the regular season besides those 2 things.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Exactly why the offseason is so boring there's the draft and free agency. Nothing is worth caring about until the regular season besides those 2 things.
There’s been some hype on a few players that never turned out once the regular season started. After a lackluster off-season and Zeke being our most notable free agent signing some fans are looking for anything to get excited about. There’s a few fans getting all juiced up about a UFL player we just signed.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I was sitting here watching videos of him, he's spoken highly of. Something about those guys from the area where they're from, that long hair, and hard hard work ethic. I see a young Troy Polamalu out there for us!

I can see him making big stops for us on 3rd downs or making a lot of plays behind the line of scrimmage! Anyone else excited, please give your thoughts
I am a Huge Irish and and think he can be something excellent. But as of yet there is no way to tell. so hold off on the anointing oil, as BP used to say

CWR

Reaction score
I was sitting here watching videos of him, he's spoken highly of. Something about those guys from the area where they're from, that long hair, and hard hard work ethic. I see a young Troy Polamalu out there for us!

I can see him making big stops for us on 3rd downs or making a lot of plays behind the line of scrimmage! Anyone else excited, please give your thoughts
With Overshown healthy and Clark moved, plus Kendricks this LB corps will be much improved.

MikeT22

Reaction score
A majority of our rookies are special teamers/rotational players unless we have a hole and they are forced to play.
Last year the majority of our rookies were on the inactive list most weeks. If he is a regular special teamer this year then that’ll be a plus.
Just being on the active list will be an improvement.

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
I heard he plays like his hair is on fire, not sure if that is god or bad...

Chasing6

Reaction score
I heard he plays like his hair is on fire, not sure if that is god or bad...
Depends on what responsibilities you give him. Hopefully we are smart enough not to pull a Mazi and ask him to be the opposite.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Ive watched film breakdowns on him, he's raw but has potential. I dont expect him to break out this year or even next.

People have to remember that alot of players dont pop overnight... Fred Warner for example.

I'm more anticipating to see what DeMarvion Overshown can do this year.

Flinger

Reaction score
Potential is there in the linebacker corps... but staying sober before drawing any conclusions.

Overshown - hasn't played a down in the NFL regular season and is coming off major knee surgery
Liafau - hasn't played a down in the NFL
Clark - played 2 years, 10 games / 17 games, respectively. Stats aren't great, but looks like a good team guy with some versatility
Kendricks - 9 seasons, 1 Pro Bowl. About the same stats as Clark. Knows Zimmers system.

Technically, Wilson & Parsons are linebackers... the rest are wannabes.

Virtually no upgrade at DT. Jerry and Stephen think "we're good"...

New DC and system. Linebacker coach McCurley been here since 2020.

Smarter, faster, more aggressive linebackers says McCarthy for 2024.

Jedi stuff...

Chasing6

Reaction score
Ive watched film breakdowns on him, he's raw but has potential. I dont expect him to break out this year or even next.

People have to remember that alot of players dont pop overnight... Fred Warner for example.

I'm more anticipating to see what DeMarvion Overshown can do this year.
If they put him in a position to attack he will be just fine. Let him play down hill and use him in blitz packages. He is not a complete well rounded LB at this point, but if used to his strengths as a rotational piece and on special teams, he can make an impact.

They key becomes how fast can he pick up the defensive assignments and responsibilities.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

First, get his name right. It's Liufau.