I'm not saying Dak is better than Mahomes

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
He pretty much is doing it by himself. He’s had games where he’s had to put the ball up 50+ times. He had almost 600 passing attempts last season. He has one playoff win because our defense doesn’t show up in the playoffs. Our D choked against Aaron Rodgers after Dak brought us back in 2016. In the closing seconds with the game tied our defense gagged. In Dak’s only playoff win against Seattle our defense gave up another big play with the game on the line that gave Seattle a chance. In our last two playoff losses our defense has given up over 350 yards rushing. We’re getting beat in the trenches and that’s not our QBs fault.
I heard about posters that give Dak credit for the wins while the team is blamed for loses, but I thought that was a myth.

I see now that I was mistaken and should have took those claims more seriously. I didn't think posters like you really existed.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I heard about posters that give Dak credit for the wins while the team is blamed for loses, but I thought that was a myth.

I see now that I was mistaken and should have took those claims more seriously. I didn't think posters like you really existed.

He’s not the reason we’re losing and you’re pointing the finger solely at him. He didn’t play a good game against San Francisco but our defense is the reason we got beat. Our defense has been costing us playoff games dating back to 09. We got punched in the mouth in the trenches and couldn’t match the 49ers physicality, which has been a common theme for the Cowboys in the playoffs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He did?

Is HE also the reason that in the past 6 years we have 1 Wild Card win, or is that a team thing?
That’s a franchise thing. Our frustrations and disappointments this era begun long before Dak era.

There’s been one constant leading this franchise thru several QB’s, HC’s and rosters .

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The issue is the Dak haters hate any type of stat that would have a better Dak stat than Mahomes. They get worked up. Funny that they get worked up over stats and they also say stats are meaningless.

Regardless I take Mahomes had very Dak 100% of the time, 400 yard games or not.
How did Mahomes ever become the baseline?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He’s not the reason we’re losing and you’re pointing the finger solely at him. He didn’t play a good game against San Francisco but our defense is the reason we got beat. Our defense has been costing us playoff games dating back to 09. We got punched in the mouth in the trenches and couldn’t match the 49ers physicality, which has been a common theme for the Cowboys in the playoffs.
These trolls have one agenda.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Okay, let me as you this just for fun.

11 of our 12 wins last year we rushed for at least 100 yards. The 1 game we won, and didn't rush for at least 100 yards, Cooper Rush was the QB.

So, with Dak at QB we lost every single game where he had to pick up some slack because our run game was getting handled. Yes, you read that right, for how amazing of a QB Dak is supposed to be we didn't win a single game with Dak last year where we didn't have at least 100 yards rushing.

You say Dak would have won the Super Bowl with the Rams last year, right? Did you know that in 3 of the 4 Rams playoff games last year they didn't have at least 100 yards rushing? or 90 yards rushing? or 80 yards rushing? Including a horrible 43 yards in the Super Bowl game itself?

So, you believe Dak would have done 3 games in a row with the Rams, against playoff caliber defenses, what he couldn't do a single time for us last year?

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Okay, let me as you this just for fun.

11 of our 12 wins last year we rushed for at least 100 yards. The 1 game we won, and didn't rush for at least 100 yards, Cooper Rush was the QB.

So, with Dak at QB we lost every single game where he had to pick up some slack because our run game was getting handled. Yes, you read that right, for how amazing of a QB Dak is supposed to be we didn't win a single game with Dak last year where we didn't have at least 100 yards rushing.

You say Dak would have won the Super Bowl with the Rams last year, right? Did you know that in 3 of the 4 Rams playoff games last year they didn't have at least 100 yards rushing? or 90 yards rushing? or 80 yards rushing? Including a horrible 43 yards in the Super Bowl game itself?

So, you believe Dak would have done 3 games in a row with the Rams, against playoff caliber defenses, what he couldn't do a single time for us last year?
yES

Diehardblues

Reaction score
A pair or two (or more) of members go at each other personally (at times sans Cowboys / football info).
Enough back and forth to help fill out a page (20 comments).
Just the typical way a thread goes when the topic involves Dak Prescott.
If only everyone could resist feeding the trolls.

They even ridicule our younger fans who just want to root their guys on and provide some support. Lowest type of fans. Bullying on kids.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If only everyone could resist feeding the trolls.

They even ridicule our younger fans who just want to root their guys on and provide some support. Lowest type of fans. Bullying on kids.
Why do you keep acting like OP is a kid?

Their profile says they are 35 years old. Why are you treating a 35 year old like a child? I think that's worst than anyone hammering them for a bad take.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
th

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

I never said Dak “needed” a running game to win. Cooper Kupp is better than any receiver we have and the Rams have one thing Dak and Romo never had, a defense that can close out a playoff game. I told you our defense is what’s costing us in the playoffs. You’re not going to put up 150+ yards rushing against Aaron Donald and company in a critical game. You’re not going to beat the Rams in the trenches by being more physical. The Rams only gave up 79 yards rushing to Cincinnati in the Super Bowl and sacked Burrow 7 times. If we give up only 79 yards rushing in a playoff game and have 7 sacks we’re winning! With the Super Bowl on the line Aaron Donald was all over Joe Burrow… game over! We don’t have a defense like that especially in critical games. We haven’t had a defense like that in 27 years. If Romo or Dak had a defense that stepped up and shut down a running game and recorded 7 sacks both would have rings.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I never said Dak “needed” a running game to win. Cooper Kupp is better than any receiver we have and the Rams have one thing Dak and Romo never had, a defense that can close out a playoff game. I told you our defense is what’s costing us in the playoffs. You’re not going to put up 150+ yards rushing against Aaron Donald and company in a critical game. You’re not going to beat the Rams in the trenches by being more physical. The Rams only gave up 79 yards rushing to Cincinnati in the Super Bowl and sacked Burrow 7 times. If we give up only 79 yards rushing in a playoff game and have 7 sacks we’re winning! With the Super Bowl on the line Aaron Donald was all over Joe Burrow… game over! We don’t have a defense like that especially in critical games. We haven’t had a defense like that in 27 years. If Romo or Dak had a defense that stepped up and shut down a running game and recorded 7 sacks both would have rings.
Sounds like a whole lot of excuses, ifs, ands, and buts to me.

I think if Romo and Dak were better QBs one of them would have led us to the Super Bowl. Especially on those 2007, 2014, 2016, and 2021 teams.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

The defense shouldn't be expected to shut out every damn opponent just to give Dak a chance to win a game.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score

I think if Romo and Dak were better QBs one of them would have led us to the Super Bowl. Especially on those 2007, 2014, 2016, and 2021 teams.
You just spewed off a full post of ifs ands and buts and you call his post ifs ands and buts silly rabbit Trix are for kids

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

We didn’t have the defense guy! Why can’t you get that? In 07 we couldn’t stop the Giants from picking up third and short all day. Eli had only 100 yards passing but he didn’t need to throw. They moved the chains at will in the fourth quarter. In 2014 our defense couldn’t stop a one legged Aaron Rodgers from carving us up. Give Romo or Dak Aaron Donald, Von Miller and Jalen Ramsey and I’d like their chances, especially if they had a Cooper Kupp and an OBJ. The receiver we’re going to be depending on at WR had only one catch in the playoffs and another drop.