I'm not seeing much outrage here

Aven8

Reaction score
Jerry’s problem is he listens too much. Sometimes it’s a good thing like with Manziel, and others it’s a bad thing as he stuck with JG forever. Stephen has a BIG voice here.

But after dealing with JG for that long Mike deserves more one last dance.

ESisback

Reaction score
IMHO, Jerry was genuinely pissed about losing that playoff game, and he needed time to cool down and figure out the best way to proceed. A burnt out Payton says he’s leaving New Orleans, and considering Jerry’s past connection/interest, the speculators at ESPN, FS1 and WXYZ connect the dots. Voila! Instant drama! Tongues wagging, click$ proliferate, and speculation becomes fact! Some people want/need to hate Jerry and/or spend the next 8 months fussing and stressing, but I prefer to hold hope for possible improvement, because frankly, it just feels better.

Spend the offseason working on the OL, get a new OL Coach, have a good draft, sign who we can. I’d like a different OC, but if they don’t, it won’t ruin me. If they don’t win the SB, the “realists” will pounce with their predictably snarky ‘I told you so’s’, but that means nothing to anyone aside from them. Cheers!

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Complacency....... Jed sells hope every year.

We're immune.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Jerry acts like this every single year. Acts mad..."vury disappointed", followed by a vouch of total confidence in the loser coach, and the loser players. Another couple months and he'll be talking about how he's "all-in" on winning again.

As far as the fans? Personally, I was enraged at how our season ended, but curiously, I didn't even have the energy to yell or even say anything. I just stood there dumbly, maybe in part because I was in shock that they continue to surprise me with unimaginably stupid ways to lose games, and maybe in part because I'm just tired. I mean...didn't a part of all of us expect us to do just what we did?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
So is nobody else but me livid about Booger putting his best mad face on last week just to temporarily calm some of you down? I knew all along it was a ruse....he had absolutely ZERO intention of firing Corky and hiring Payton....and news flash, Payton ain't coming here next year. The best and worst things landed square in our lap on January 9th....worst was that we didn't stay seeded #4 so we could have drilled AZ...

Drilled AZ? They lost 5 of their last 6 games. Guess who they beat, two weeks before San Fran came to town?

Payton was never coming to Dallas, and coaches who go from 6-10 to 12-5 in their second year are rarely fired. There was zero reason to expect either.

So no, I'm not outraged. I didn't delude myself into believing any of the things that seem to have set you off. Have fun with that.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
So is nobody else but me livid about Booger putting his best mad face on last week just to temporarily calm some of you down? I knew all along it was a ruse....he had absolutely ZERO intention of firing Corky and hiring Payton....and news flash, Payton ain't coming here next year. The best and worst things landed square in our lap on January 9th....worst was that we didn't stay seeded #4 so we could have drilled AZ...best is that we climbed to the #3 seed which enabled Booger and Chuckles to see what we really were as a team. The football gods were just begging them to see the light and do the right thing....but nope....more of the same S....maybe its because I'm about to go through a lame duck season with my Sundevils that has me so gutted....I dunno. But having Junior back as OC, and Corky back patrolling the sideline with his Waffle House menu has me just about as Cowboy depressed as I've EVER been....and this includes The Catch and the 1995 NFC Championship.
Fool me once, shame on me...fool me 25 times...

fivetwos

Reaction score
So is nobody else but me livid about Booger putting his best mad face on last week just to temporarily calm some of you down? I knew all along it was a ruse....he had absolutely ZERO intention of firing Corky and hiring Payton....and news flash, Payton ain't coming here next year. The best and worst things landed square in our lap on January 9th....worst was that we didn't stay seeded #4 so we could have drilled AZ...best is that we climbed to the #3 seed which enabled Booger and Chuckles to see what we really were as a team. The football gods were just begging them to see the light and do the right thing....but nope....more of the same S....maybe its because I'm about to go through a lame duck season with my Sundevils that has me so gutted....I dunno. But having Junior back as OC, and Corky back patrolling the sideline with his Waffle House menu has me just about as Cowboy depressed as I've EVER been....and this includes The Catch and the 1995 NFC Championship.
2022 is a throwaway my friend.

You know it, and have seen it before.

I can see Jerry throwing away two years of coach salary if he absolutely has to, but not three.

This team has very little chance this season no matter what Jerry does or doesn't do.

Ahhh the power of Super Bowl talk at sleepovers.

shabazz

Reaction score
None of the off field things mean a thing to me. The only thing that matters is what happens on the field. Every year brings new hope and the games will always be enjoyable to watch so I have no expectations since I contribute absolutely nothing to it but 3 hours of viewing for 17 weeks.

can’t change it and can only opine about it. Nobody here should emotionally invest so much that it enrages anyone………even the players and coaches who invest their heart and soul into it aren’t enraged.

J_Allen

Reaction score
That's fine. One more embarrassing season and I'm done. I will no longer cheer for losers and care more about success than they do.

In a way I'm ready for them to fail. I've had just about enough.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
MM is about as good as it gets, Jerry gets his token, he looks like a coach. Nobody here knows what kinda of Locker room presence he has, Im praying that his true knowledge is just being a figure head value, just trying to be optimistic and hope that this
coaching staff can have some cohesion and might not have be the radical overhaul that peeps were wanting.
If MM can be the liaison between Quinn and the rest of the coaches than maybe thats his strength. Hope the cohesion is a strength and sometimes it takes a bit for a coaching staff to settle in and start figuring out some fundamental flaws.
HaHa,, Im sure that generates the response of " yes sir, been waiting for 25 yrs to see someone figure it out.
Retaining Quinn, and having Wells comfortable will be the biggest advantage this FO as going for itself the next few tough seasons.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
We are just numb to it all now.
Not much hope of things getting better either.

MS17

Reaction score
Why would I be outraged? I expected Jerry to be just like this. To expect him to change is insane. Always watch what he does, not what he says.

The Cowboys are screwed until he's gone. I sort of accept this because there's not a dang thing I can do about it. I don't buy his merchandise. I don't go to games.
Exactly. "Watch what he (Jerry) does, not what he says." That's the only way to understand the man's mercurial behavior.

RonWashington

Reaction score

After Az handled us like a Waffle House customer tossed out at 2am by the short order cook what makes you think Az the sequel would have gone any better ? Remember the short order QB in Az is 8-0 playing in the Art Gallery HS College & Pro . It’s in his contract come home to North Texas and WIN !

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

My advice would be to take a break from this board for a while to unwind. Most fans knew the chances of McCarthy getting fired were slim at best. You don’t see head coaches get fired after a 12 win season and a division championship.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I’m not sure 12-5 running the table at the NFC East such as it is makes it a cause for fire. One of 32 wins the whole thing so right around yr 32 of our last SB win should be about the time Dallas does it . Getting pretty close to it . Now winning the East and getting bounced round one next year sure get out the divorce papers.