I'm not sure JuJo has what it takes to be a #1 back

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Amazing the pub that Bush gets for his rushing, yet when JJ outrushes Bush, JJ's own teams fans turn on him.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
abersonc said:
To quote Tom Jackson.. "are you ********?"

JJ had a decent game against a very tough DL with some sketchy blocking.
I don't think it was sketchy blocking at all. I think you are giving to much discredit to the line and not enough credit to the Jags o-line. If anything need to be criticized it should be the play calling. (in that respect anyhow) They should have ran more running plays wide. With Jones speed, he can beat the line wide, but you arn't moving the middle of that brick wall very often. I say more pulling plays. You know like Emmitt used to do with Nate Newton.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jay cee said:
you will be waiting for a long time for someone to come up with any kind of logic for that kind of post DE.

He has enough vision to realize that he is not going to outrun some defender, who has come into the backfield virtually untouched to the outside, so he ducks his head and tries to get what he can, and at least minimize the yards lost.

That's why many coaches will tell you that some of the best runs may only be for minimal gain.

Jones may not be a great back, but I know the O-line he's running behind is not great.

I will be more than happy with him, if he can continue this kind of production, running behind this Line.
Thank you!

:hammer:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
What I'll say is that I thought the game plan was very pass heavy...so neither Julius or Barber were utilized as normal.

But you don't understand. The Cowboys MUST open up their offense - so say the chatterboxes. :rolleyes:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc said:
I don't think it was sketchy blocking at all. I think you are giving to much discredit to the line and not enough credit to the Jags o-line. If anything need to be criticized it should be the play calling. (in that respect anyhow) They should have ran more running plays wide. With Jones speed, he can beat the line wide, but you arn't moving the middle of that brick wall very often. I say more pulling plays. You know like Emmitt used to do with Nate Newton.
:bow:

bigdrulez3141

Reaction score
I agree with you that it was weird after his rookie season, if there were no holes, it looked like he was afraid to be tackled in the backfield for a loss so he would run into the backs of the oline, instead of taking a risk and bouncing it outside like he did as a rookie. It was like Parcells messed with his playing style. But yesterday I thought he had a good game he had some nice runs up the middle and off-tackle even with bad blocking, so I dont know why you are bringing this up now. he averaged 4.3 yards a carry which was much better than last year and during the pre-season. So to me I feel more comfortable now than I did before this game with JJ.