I'm not usually one to predict blowouts in the NFL...

rynochop

Reaction score
dbair1967;2307656 said:
would love to see us open up a can on them today and put that ugly loss from last week behind them, but I dont thnik it happens because of our defense...#1 they dont force any turnovers (or even come close) and #2, they will probably play the same off the screen, swiss cheese secondary alignments we've see since day one of TC, allowing Palmer and their WR's to develop an easy rythem.

We could score 35+ on them, but I think come about 7:30 EST tonight, we'll still all be up in arms over "whats wrong with this defense???" after allowing a bunch of pts and yds to Cinci today.

Yeah, gimme a boring 17-3 win over 42-30 or something similar. Though then we can hear about Garretts noncreative play calling. Great.

Checking the lines, 16.5 favorite. ugh, no thanks.

Whats with Indy giving only 3 coming off a bye playing the friggin Texans?? Talk about inviting, if you were into that kind of stuff.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Extreme;2307618 said:
You silly Cowboy fans. You're not the 2007 Patriots. Is there a team you don't think you'll hang 40+ on?

The '07 Pats got exposed since the tail end of last season-more teams started blitzing the house realizing their OL was nothing but pooey. Otherwise, they looked like a juggurnaut prior to that b/c with all the weapons they had, teams thought it would be better if they played zone.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Spytheweb;2307544 said:
It's thinking like that, that will get you into trouble. Like you crushed the Commanders. Dallas had, what about 50 yards rushing your last 2 games vs 'Skins? Dallas is 1-3 L/4 @ home?

How does my opinion affect the team in any way, shape or form? I can think we're going to win by 100 as long as the team is focused.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dbair1967;2307656 said:
I think come about 7:30 EST tonight, we'll still all be up in arms over "whats wrong with this defense???" after allowing a bunch of pts and yds to Cinci today.
That won't surprise me one bit either. :mad:

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
Coakleys Dad;2307630 said:
Listen...I know youre happy you beat us last week, & i mean no disrespect, but the skins havent done anything yet?
We haven't done anything? We beat 3 of the top 5 ranked offenses, we beat the #2 ranked offense and heavy favorite in their house, we've been heavy underdogs in every game, we beat the #3 and #5 ranked passing teams, even though we have the 23rd ranked pass defense, we beat 3 of the top 4 passing teams, we beat the #9 and #11 defense.

Seriously, you're as bad as the BSPN we all hate. Pull your head out of the sand and let the truth set you free.

No matter what you think of the Commanders, any of you saying they're mediocre, overrated, haven't done anything, etc. are completely out of touch. I despise the Cowboys, but I don't point out the obvious. I will now though.....

Dallas first beat the Browns :rolleyes: I'd be willing to bet that most fans predicted a slaughter, somewhere along the lines of 45-0. I know I expected Dallas to win by at least 30, but they didn't.

Then you squeaked by the Eagles. Anyone who watched the game knows it was just 1 play from an Eagles win.

Then in a game now realized to be overhyped because the Packers are falling apart, you win and find out later they aren't really even good. They have the #26 defense, you have one of the top offenses, you should have won that by 20-30 points as well.

Then the Commanders come to town. The only team to this point that you faced that has a winning record. Seeing as how it was Zorn's first game against Dallas, blowout was predicted far and wide, and you were 11 point favorites, you should have won easy if you believed your own hype.

So, I pointed out what the Cowboys have and haven't done, which is far less impressive than the Commanders accomplishments so far this season, and somehow I still think you guys have a really good team. I have plenty of reason to call them mediocre, and bash them but I don't do it.

You can think the Commanders are a subpar team that hasn't done anything all you want. Fact of the matter is, you have NOTHING to back that claim up with.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2307633 said:
I respect your confidence, I really do. And honestly, I think deep down all of us think our teams are going to hang 40+ on all of our opponents. In a perfect world huh? :D

But Dallas has only gone over 28 one time this season, and their opponent did too.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Extreme;2307750 said:
Then you squeaked by the Eagles. Anyone who watched the game knows it was just 1 play from an Eagles win.
All of your wins are just one play from a loss. Careful what standard you use, troll.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Extreme;2307750 said:
We haven't done anything? We beat 3 of the top 5 ranked offenses, we beat the #2 ranked offense and heavy favorite in their house, we've been heavy underdogs in every game, we beat the #3 and #5 ranked passing teams, even though we have the 23rd ranked pass defense, we beat 3 of the top 4 passing teams, we beat the #9 and #11 defense.

Actually, you were favored against Arizona and were only 4 point dogs to New Orleans.

Dallas beat Philly (A team most still consider better than Washington) in the only game in which they've been relatively healthy so far this year and beat Green Bay, a team expected to have their division wrapped up sometime in November, by double digits in their house.

Seriously, you're as bad as the BSPN we all hate. Pull your head out of the sand and let the truth set you free.

The truth is Dallas has beaten two very good teams, Washington has beaten one

No matter what you think of the Commanders, any of you saying they're mediocre, overrated, haven't done anything, etc. are completely out of touch. I despise the Cowboys, but I don't point out the obvious. I will now though.....

No one thinks highly enough of you yet to consitute you being "overrated"

Dallas first beat the Browns :rolleyes: I'd be willing to bet that most fans predicted a slaughter, somewhere along the lines of 45-0. I know I expected Dallas to win by at least 30, but they didn't.

That's just BS. Cleveland was a team that many expected to challenge for their division and everyone expected them to make the playoffs. Nobody, not even you, thought we would win by 30.

Even so, we dominated the game and threw a pick from the 2 yard line. Cleveland's only TD drive was allowed because of 35 yards of penalties, 25 of which were completely bogus and gave them first downs on 3rd down. The score could have easily (and should have been) 35-3, and that's even with us letting off the gas and running out the last 12 minutes.

Dallas handed Philly 17 points on dumb mistakes, whereas Dallas scored all but 7 points on long offensive drives. We didnt get any gifts like they got with Romo fumbling in the endzone or Dallas failing to pick up Jackson's fumble. The fact that we still won is a testement to how good we are.

For the record, Dallas was one play away from beating Washington last week. If Sam Hurd holds onto that onside kick, we easily get down and kick the winnign FG. See, it works both ways.

Then in a game now realized to be overhyped because the Packers are falling apart, you win and find out later they aren't really even good. They have the #26 defense, you have one of the top offenses, you should have won that by 20-30 points as well.

This is the NFL, 20-30 point wins arent that common

If you want to play that game, Washington should have blown out Arizona. They have a horrid defense and no running game.

Then the Commanders come to town. The only team to this point that you faced that has a winning record. Seeing as how it was Zorn's first game against Dallas, blowout was predicted far and wide, and you were 11 point favorites, you should have won easy if you believed your own hype.

We played horribly and Washington played great. No one is denying that you beat us. Don't pretend like you beat us on our best day by any stretch, though.

So, I pointed out what the Cowboys have and haven't done, which is far less impressive than the Commanders accomplishments so far this season, and somehow I still think you guys have a really good team. I have plenty of reason to call them mediocre, and bash them but I don't do it.

Like I said, Dallas has beaten two playoff teams, including a team most consider one of the 5-6 best in the league, and pounded a team they should have pounded. Washington has beaten one playoff team and almost lost to the two who wont be playing in january (at home, no less).

You can think the Commanders are a subpar team that hasn't done anything all you want. Fact of the matter is, you have NOTHING to back that claim up with.

That's fine if you think that. Hope you guys win today for your sake, because you and Philly will be battling it out for 3rd place all season.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Extreme;2307758 said:
But Dallas has only gone over 28 one time this season, and their opponent did too.

Like I said, we threw a pick on Cleveland's 2 yard line on a first down and then ran out the last 12 minutes without even one single pass play called. We could have easily scored in the 40s but didnt need to.

Philly's defense has proved to be no slouch and we lit them up.

Green Bay was another team that we moved the ball with ease against but we had two turnovers inside their 40 and settled for two FGs in the redzone.

Washington got away with holding TO and Witten all game and that tends to hinder offensive output

zeroburrito

Reaction score
blowing the next 3 teams out will show us nothing about our team. these 3 teams are dreadful.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Dallas 34
Cincy 27

Cowboys' shaky pass defense allows Cincy to hang around.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
zeroburrito;2307781 said:
blowing the next 3 teams out will show us nothing about our team. these 3 teams are dreadful.

In the NFL, blowing anyone out, even bad teams, is a sign of something. The NFL has so many great players that even bad teams are cpaable of raising hell. Just ask the Giants. Or Buffalo.

I agree, winning the games won't prove anything in and of itself, but completely dismantling all 3, 2 of which are on the road, would show me a great deal.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
I guess he's one of those weak trolls that let's facts get in the way of his delusional nature

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
"zomg what's that!? the skins are winning!?"

"i've been a fan for years!"

bandwagon fans are precious

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
zeroburrito;2307781 said:

It isnt so much about blowing them out, but beating them handily does prove something. It shows this team has focus and does what its supposed to do vs bad teams.

vicjagger

Reaction score
The Bengals are not a bad team. They played 3 of the best defenses in the league in weeks 1-3. They took the Giants to over-time in the Meadowlands.

If Dallas expects to win, they may very well lose. I have a feeling this game will be uncomfortably close.

thekavorka

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2308086 said:
And last week they played a terrible defense and managed all of 12 points

with a backup QB?

remember, they did go to OT in new york.

I think Cowboys win 27-20