I'm pissed Mendenhall was our guy

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Man the entire draft I was praying this guy would fall to us, I was praying we would take this Guy. And what do We do? WE draft JOnes:bang2: :bang2:

I'm beyond Mad, I cannot even explain this.

I pray felix Jones makes me eat my words and He helps Our Boys...But Right now I think we made a huge Boo Boo.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I truly feel your pain. I'm slowly warming up to Jones only because I have to but this sadly feels strikingly familiar to the draft when we took the other Jones over Stephen Jackson. It's bedtime for me. I've gotta sleep off this nausea. Hey. There's still day two ahead! Color me nauseous but optimistic.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Both of them are backup/complimentary players. They are both playing second fiddle to a pro bowl level player. They just happen to be the opposite pole of the player they are backing/complementing.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
QuanTran;2056515 said:
Didn't Julius Jones have a highlight video also? (Hot Stepper? No?) ;) I'm sure I can find a Bobby Carpenter highlight video also...

In interviews Jones has expressed his acdeptance of a part-time role. Even though Jerry and Wade suggest he will be in the passing game, and not strickly from the RB position.

How well would Mendenhall have accepted backing up Barber?

Sometimes it's the complimentary player that is better suited for a team.

NickZepp

Reaction score
Felix Jones is a much better fit than Mendenhall. We draft Mendenhall and he's basically on the bench or taking carries away from our best back. He isn't a counter to Barber that Jones is.

sinner

Reaction score
I guess we all have our personal choices. I actually wanted Jones. I thought he would fill a speed void that we have in the backfield, plus this pick give Barber a chance to start and let Jones develope natually.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;2056522 said:
Interesting that you never see a video of lowlights, like his 3 fumbles that cost the USC game.

I guess then this site has the wrong stats on fumbles for Felix Jones.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=170926

But what is so astounding here is Mendenhall had twice the carries as Jones, and yet not twice the yards.

Not to mention Jones led the nation with YPC.

I understand wanting a player who could carry the load if Barber goes down.

But is thast what this team really needed? Another Barber?

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
dangerdoom;2056521 said:
:eek:

Mendenwho...

Felix Jones is a WOW player.

He creates his own holes and running lanes by the way he shifts side to side at full speed, stops on a dime from running full speed, and then exelerates upfiled full speed again.

What I like most is that he does not shy away from contact, but also, is smart and never takes on a needless hit; he really does a great job faking out defenders and making them miss.

And as a receiver he is unbeleivable. Can you say screen pass? Finally, Dallas has a RB who can run it, because F. Jones can catch the ball running full speed and continue that way up filed after the catch. It's quite amazing.

thewivil

Reaction score
I think a lot of people are forgetting that Felix can also return kicks alongside Pacman, which will get him on the field contributing in another crucial aspect of the game.

Mendenhall, on the other hand, would be lucky to get 10-12 carries a game, but probably wouldn't do much on special teams.

adamknite

Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;2056522 said:
Interesting that you never see a video of lowlights, like his 3 fumbles that cost the USC game.

lolZ, there are a lot of reasons why Arkansas lost to USC big two years in a row, and the biggest one is.... the lack of overall talent, USC completely outmatched them at almost every position. I clearly remember one of those fumbles by Felix, he was hit 3 yards in the backfield right after taking the hand off.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
TwoDeep3;2056543 said:
I guess then this site has the wrong stats on fumbles for Felix Jones.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=170926

Yes, it is: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/scores106/106245/NCAAF701456.htm

Arkansas running back Felix Jones fumbled three times in the first half, and USC recovered two of them. Kevin Thomas returned Jones' last fumble 12 yards to the Arkansas 3. After an incompletion, freshman C.J. Gable ran for a touchdown to give USC a 10-0 lead.

Or this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Arkansas_Razorbacks_football_team

USC and Arkansas both came into the game with a number of question marks, as USC had lost stars Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart to the NFL, and Arkansas's star running back Darren McFadden was injured in an off-field incident. Although the game was close until the latter minutes of the second quarter, a combination USC's high-powered offense wearing out Arkansas's defense, and running back Felix Jones' three fumbles, stretched the margin in the second half to the final score.

Don't just quote BSPN with me, I saw the fumbles.

TwoDeep3;2056543 said:
But what is so astounding here is Mendenhall had twice the carries as Jones, and yet not twice the yards.Not to mention Jones led the nation with YPC.

I understand wanting a player who could carry the load if Barber goes down.

But is thast what this team really needed? Another Barber?

Hambrick had a great YPC behind Emmitt. Just a function of a good backup, doesn't mean he should/could start. Mendenhall wasn't another Barber, they are very different, Barber can't dream of running a 4.38 in the 40 and they have different styles.

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
Just think that Mendenhall will be the next "Cedric Benson".

And If keep saying that over and over again, Maybe that will make you feel better. :rolleyes:

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
I also feel your pain....

I would've rather had......

22. Mike Jenkins

28. Kenny Phillips / Devin Thomas / ROY WILLIAMS!

61. Jamaal Charles

MONT17

Reaction score
what if now this is just an IF... Mendenhall is better than Barber!