I'm pissed Mendenhall was our guy

Nav22

Reaction score
Here comes my basketball analogy yet again...

Most would agree that Dwyane Wade (when healthy) is a better overall player than Pau Gasol.

But if you're the Lakers and you had the chance to land either Wade or Gasol to pair up with Kobe, who do you take?

I'd take Gasol. Big guy who would be a better complement to Kobe than D-Wade would be.

Felix complements Barber better than Mendenhall would, even though Mendenhall's probably the better overall RB. Hence the Felix pick.

But I won't lie, I was initially upset too. I had to calm down, listen to Jerry's rationale, and re-think everything to see it this way. I'm excited about the Barber/Felix combo.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Are you Zoners who want Mendenhall......watching the tapes of Jones?

He played in the SEC, quick as a cat, and faster then his forty time in shoulder pads......and I forgot, he can CATCH the ball.....

The real RB named Jones is about to stand up for the Dallas Cowboys!

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CrazyCowboy;2056788 said:
Are you Zoners who want Mendenhall......watching the tapes of Jones? !

Exactly, sometime I wonder if some of these posters have even seen either of these two guys play or they are simply relying on where they are ranked on some of these lists.

I would have picked Mendenhall, frankly, but I am not at all upset that we went with Felix. I don't care WHERE the guy was "rated", if you watched him play, you know we are LEAPS AND BOUNDS better off with him and NOT Julius Jones..........I'll rely on time to prove myself right on this one.......that's all we can do here.

I knew we were gonna end up with Felix....it's A great fit...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
QuanTran;2056515 said:
Didn't Julius Jones have a highlight video also? (Hot Stepper? No?) ;) I'm sure I can find a Bobby Carpenter highlight video also...

well then put them all together with the mendenhall highlights and we can all keep whining about a pick.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
MONT17;2056631 said:
what if now this is just an IF... Mendenhall is better than Barber!

But how much better? The are too similar to play both, so one has to sit. Barber is a fan favorite and knows the offense. Felix can spell Barber, catch screens, split out and cause matchup problems and return kicks. He is a much better fit for us. If we didn't have Barber then if would have been Mendenhall.

It would have been like drafting Brady Quinn last year when we already have Romo. Everyone here loved Quinn, UNTIL Romo emerged. Passing on Steven Jackson was the mistake because we had no one.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I had already accepted that we would draft Felix over anyone but DMac and that DMac would be long gone before we picked. So I'm not as PO'd as spme here.

I have seen a bit of Felix and I have some issues with him. I have not seen a lot of moves out of him even in his highlight video. He does it all with straight ahead speed and if that would work in the NFL Tyson Thompson would be a star. Felix follows his blockers well and he sees and hits the hole quickly but he has no moves to make people miss...not that I've seen anyway. The last question I have about him is will he be able to break or slip a tackle because I have not seen that out of him either and I am tired of seeing a runner hit the line of scrimage and get taken down by an arm tackle (or a blade of grass) ala Julius Jones.

IronCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
If Barber wants that 40-60 million dollar contract. Mendenhall could replace him. Barber isn't worth 40 million.