CFZ I'm proud of our team

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I get that. However, when we step back and look at where we were a few years ago and where we are now. We have a lot to be proud of as Cowboys fans I think.

Where we were a few years ago is pretty much where we are now. If anything we were doing more a few years ago. We won a playoff game in 2014 and in 2018 but haven’t won any since. We’ve been spinning our wheels since our last playoff win 4 years ago. The only thing we have to be proud about is the organization has had a great history winning five championships.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Where we were a few years ago is pretty much where we are now. If anything we were doing more a few years ago. We won a playoff game in 2014 and in 2018 but haven’t won any since. We’ve been spinning our wheels since our last playoff win. The only thing we have to be proud about is the organization has had a great history winning five championships.

Maybe, but things look good. We haven't gone back to back to the playoffs in a long time, and things feel to me like they are looking positive at the moment to me.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Maybe, but things look good. We haven't gone back to back to the playoffs in a long time, and things feel to me like they are looking positive at the moment to me.

Things are looking positive at the moment, but we still have six games left. We haven’t come close to sewing anything up yet and if we do make the playoffs there’s no guarantees we’ll have success.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Things are looking positive at the moment, but we still have six games left. We haven’t come close to sewing anything up yet and if we do make the playoffs there’s no guarantees we’ll have success.

Which I think I made clear in the OP. I can be proud of what they've done so far without saying that it means that great things are guaranteed. Im just saying that I'm proud of what the team has done so far.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Which I think I made clear in the OP. I can be proud of what they've done so far without saying that it means that great things are guaranteed. Im just saying that I'm proud of what the team has done so far.

I didn’t read the OP, it was a little too long. My first response was in reference to the title of the thread.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
If it was you Rusty I would not have read that whole article you just wrote. And I did say article, because that's not a post, that's an article.

But I totally agree with you. Except...Kellen Moore still sucks at times.

I don't get the point of getting bent over someone writing more than a few lines.

Some of us actually enjoy reading a well thought out analysis.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
This team has improved since the regular season began. I feel they'll improve even more, with the defense stifling the run. :flagwave:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If we don't win the Super Bowl, although I think we can, I won't even be mad.

This year has been fun for me as a fan. And I can't say that about every year.

Nice post, by the way.

Thank you, and yes, I wouldn't be angry either. We've done more this season than I thought the Cowboys would by a lot. Especially when Dak went down. This has been a nice season so far.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. We need to cherish this feeling because we won’t be feeling this way come January when the 49ers or Bucs knock us out of contention.
Yes, I am not really sweating the IGGLES - worried about the NINERS mostly and can see Brady turning back in to Brady in time for the playoffs too and the Bucs being tough in whats been a disappointing year so far for them Good point

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This team has improved since the regular season began. I feel they'll improve even more, with the defense stifling the run. :flagwave:

Exactly, and I think it bodes well for the future as well because of the culture that's being instilled here. I know that people are probably going to call me a homer, and that's okay. I like what's being built. I think this team is different than when Garrett was here. I think the team is building better and has a better mindset. That's a very good thing.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Between a trip to Chicago that I have coming up soon and other things, I have been thinking about our team a bit lately. I've considered what I thought we would be before the season. I've been thinking about how we have looked this season. I thought about the moves that our team made in the offseason, and I looked at the record. I have to say how proud that I am of our team so far.

1. Think of how things were with Jason Garrett. We had a coach for about 10 years who was pretty much the same thing every year. We struggled with adjustments. When we would play a crucial game, it would usually end with us losing and the game being spun as a "morale victory". So far the last two seasons, we've been winning those crucial games more often than not. I know we haven't won a playoff game yet under Mike McCarthy, but I think that will come. I think the important thing is that, for the most part, the team has done well in massive games. Consider Thanksgiving. Under Jason Garrett, that game would 9 times out of 10 have been a loss with how that game started. Yet, this team hung in there. The defence made key stops, and this team ended up destroying the Giants.
  2. We lost our starting QB for 4 games, and we are 8-3. Under Jason Garrett, we'd have been out of the running for the playoffs if we had lost our starter for that long. Yet, we won more often than not. Well done to our team!
  3. We had a good team going into this season, but I think there were a lot of fans who thought we'd struggle without Amari Cooper. Yet, they've worked out how to do without him. Using the run game more and tight end sets has been our golden ticket, and it's a testament to how well our team adjusted to it and how well the team is doing now.
  4. The division surprisingly became the best division in football, and we're in second place with a very real chance at, not only the division, but the top seed. What? That's absolutely brilliant!!! Especially considering that no team has won back to back division crowns in this division since the 2003 and 2004 season! Legendary stuff from our team! Well done!!
  5. Think where we were in 2020. We were completely finished it seemed. There was a question as to if Dak would even be able to play. Our defence was record-breaking bad. We couldn't stop a sloth. We could barely go a few game without a QB getting injured. We went to our 4th string QB for a game. Yet, look where we are now. We are number one for many good things. We have the best defence in the league. Dak has been playing well overall. Our running game looks incredible. Our tight ends have been absolute legends with how well they work together. Our receivers look incredible compared to where we thought they'd be. Heck, even Brett Maher, who I saw miss kicks against Chicago in his last game on his first stint here, has been incredible! He became the first kicker to connect on 4 60+ yard field goals in his career. That's LEGENDARY good imo. All in all, we've gone from looking like an absolute mess to a potential contender.
  6. Oh, and did I mention that we look poised to go to the playoffs in back to back seasons? We haven't pulled that off since the 2006 and 2007 seasons. That's a good sign too because it means, to me, a winning culture is being built.
I don't know how this season will end. I don't even know how we will look against the Colts. However, I have to say this. Well done to the team! Well done to the coaches! Well done to the Front Office, including Jerry Jones! I'm proud of how we have looked this season. We've kept pace in an incredibly tough division. We absolutely destroyed the Vikings, who only had one loss to that point and beat the Bills on the road. That kept us in range for the top seat. We pulled off a banger of a win against the Giants to complete that sweep. All in all, well done to the Dallas Cowboys so far!!
I feel good about them.
Hoping for more consistency

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
722e7d74a8fd2b36ce4af77f3aed59c2_w200.webp

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. We need to cherish this feeling because we won’t be feeling this way come January when the 49ers or Bucs knock us out of contention.
Right on cue.

Yet you will be there Sunday cheering them on like you are actually a fan or something.

Amari. We all see thru it.

shabazz

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with living in the moment. Many people do, while others base their enjoyment in the final results.

Far be it from me to rain on somebody's parade. I will have to say that the all round defensive results have made this season a lot different from a fans prospective...theres actually hope from that group

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with living in the moment. Many people do, while others base their enjoyment in the final results.

Far be it from me to rain on somebody's parade. I will have to say that the all round defensive results have made this season a lot different from a fans prospective...theres actually hope from that group

Not only that, but the adjustment to using more tight end sets and running the ball more is EXACTLY what this team needed to do. Not to mention that style of play with our defence is portable.