I'm sick of Texas Stadium

jesusphreak

Reaction score
Alright, last thread for tonight, but is anyone else sick of Texas Stadium?

Maybe it is just a case of the grass being greener, but I am tired of seeing the Cowboys playing in Texas Stadium. Not only is it old and nasty, but I just don't feel like the Cowboys have any kind of genuine advantage playing there. You look at places like Seattle's stadium and Lambeau and there's just a very real excitement from the home crowd and the Seahawks and Packers seem to play better there (as they should).

Texas Stadium represents the old glory days, from the 70s and 90s. I think it is time that the Cowboys had a new field that they can be proud of playing on. It will be nice when the new stadium opens up in 2009.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Im sick of the fans at Texas stadium. We need to start testing peoples football IQ's before they enter the doors. Hey morons, **** when we have the ball on offense, capiche?

phildominator

Reaction score
jesusphreak;1901929 said:
Alright, last thread for tonight, but is anyone else sick of Texas Stadium?

Maybe it is just a case of the grass being greener, but I am tired of seeing the Cowboys playing in Texas Stadium. Not only is it old and nasty, but I just don't feel like the Cowboys have any kind of genuine advantage playing there. You look at places like Seattle's stadium and Lambeau and there's just a very real excitement from the home crowd and the Seahawks and Packers seem to play better there (as they should).

Texas Stadium represents the old glory days, from the 70s and 90s. I think it is time that the Cowboys had a new field that they can be proud of playing it. It will be nice when the new stadium opens up in 2009.

Some people blame Marion Barber, some people blame Tony Romo...

You're naming Texas Stadium as a contributor.

What's next -- The tap water?

cowboyz

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1901937 said:
Im sick of the fans at Texas stadium. We need to start testing peoples football IQ's before they enter the doors. Hey morons, **** when we have the ball on offense, capiche?
get rid of the fans

jesusphreak

Reaction score
phildominator;1901938 said:
Some people blame Marion Barber, some people blame Tony Romo...

You're naming Texas Stadium as a contributor.

What's next -- The tap water?

I never said the reason the Cowboys lost was Texas Stadium. I'm just sick of the Cowboys playing there, and a real home field advantage is important.

phildominator

Reaction score
jesusphreak;1901940 said:
I never said the reason the Cowboys lost was Texas Stadium. I'm just sick of the Cowboys playing there, and a real home field advantage is important.

So how does a new stadium enhance home field advantage?

If anything, Texas Stadium is a tough stadium to play in because of the abnormally large crown.

SweetDC

Reaction score
Boy when we're down nothing is spared. These threads crack me up. :D

The team sucks, the coach sucks, the stadium sucks, the fans suck, the media sucks. The only thing left to poo-poo is "the city of Dallas sucks". Notice I stopped short of including "Texas sucks". I know better than to think anyone would ever take it that far.;)

phildominator

Reaction score
SweetDC;1901953 said:

The team sucks, the coach sucks, the stadium sucks, the fans suck, the media sucks. The only thing left to poo-poo is "the city of Dallas sucks". Notice I stopped short of including "Texas sucks". I know better than to think anyone would ever take it that far.;)

Our uniforms suck...They're more for the glory years from the 70s - 90s.

We need a uniform that provides a psychological edge, instilling fear and intimidation into the opponent.

Maybe an nine-point Star?

SweetDC

Reaction score
phildominator;1901957 said:
Our uniforms suck...They're more for the glory years from the 70s - 90s.
LOL! I didn't think people hated the uniforms too.

jesusphreak

Reaction score

If anything, Texas Stadium is a tough stadium to play in because of the abnormally large crown.

Wasn't attendance today something like 60,000+? The new stadium can fit 90,000+, right?

SweetDC;1901953 said:

Geez. I'm not blaming this loss on TS. Its just been difficult to see loss after loss there for more than a decade. I'm thinking a change of venue would be nice. That's it.

SweetDC

Reaction score
jesusphreak;1901970 said:
Geez. I'm not blaming this loss on TS. Its just been difficult to see loss after loss there for more than a decade. I'm thinking a change of venue would be nice. That's it.
I know. I'm just poking fun at these kinds of threads.:)

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
phildominator;1901952 said:

Hopefully the stadium is being designed with acoustics in mind to keep the maximum amount of sound in the park. Not like it matters with our fans cheering as loudly for the offense as the defense.

CPonder14

Reaction score
Just from watching the Stadium on TV it looks old. Sure is going to be nice in 2 years.