Hypnotoad;2449596 said:
Giants lose to Washington.
Giants lose to Eagles.
Giants lose to Cowboys.

Cowboys Beat Pittsburgh.
Cowboys Beat Giants.

Result:
Cowboys and Giants tied 10-4.
Giants will have tie breaker because of conference record 7-3 vs 7-4.

For the cowboys to win the division, the Giants have to lose 1 more game (perferably vs an NFC team Carolina OR Minnesota) while Dallas wins out.

Chances of a division win are very slim, and our playoff chances could be better if the Giants go undefeated for the rest of the regular season.

Thats an almost likely scenario until you consider the fact that the Giants have beaten those 3 teams already.

Sorry boys. The giants have lost 1 time all year, barring injury, I just do not see them losing 3.

I'm not saying I would be upset if they did, just don't expect it.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2449836 said:
Thats an almost likely scenario until you consider the fact that the Giants have beaten those 3 teams already.

Sorry boys. The giants have lost 1 time all year, barring injury, I just do not see them losing 3.

I'm not saying I would be upset if they did, just don't expect it.

We're also going to have an uphill climb for a WC spot as well. Tampa and Carolina are very good, Atlanta is tough, Washington is hanging in there, and who knows what Chicago and Minny will do next month.

Forget the Giants for now, b/c having to compete with those other teams are going to be really tough as well.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Boysboy;2449844 said:
We're also going to have an uphill climb for a WC spot as well. Tampa and Carolina are very good, Atlanta is tough, Washington is hanging in there, and who knows what Chicago and Minny will do next month.

Forget the Giants for now, b/c having to compete with those other teams are going to be really tough as well.
TB, Carolina and Atlanta are pretty mediocre, and all have to play each other.

If Dallas gets to 11 wins, they're a shoo in.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2449869 said:
TB, Carolina and Atlanta are pretty mediocre, and all have to play each other.

If Dallas gets to 11 wins, they're a shoo in.

We're not a shoe in. And TB, Carolina and Atlanta are not mediocre. I do think we have a good shot at getting in at 11-5 but I'd rather be 12-4. And I think we could end up 12-4 and the Giants being 13-3. It wouldn't surprise me at all.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2449626 said:
Don't let Philly's performance last night fool you-they're not exactly in similar situations like they were in in '06 and other years under Reid(where they rose to the occassion in the final sprint). Shawn Andrews is likely out for the year, and his backup Max Jean-Gilles got hurt last night(in '06, their OL was healthy and rose to the occassion). Plus it isn't like what happened with the McNabb benching in Baltimore has somehow gone away b/c of their performance last night as well. It'll likely linger throughout the remainder of the year, especially if they have another loss.

Guard Breaks Ankle
by Scout Rumor Central of ScoutNFLNetwork.com, November 27, 2008 at 10:29pm ET

Max Jean-Gilles Profile

Philadelphia Eagles G Max Jean-Gilles suffered a broken ankle during the first half of Thursday night's win over the Arizona Cardinals and will miss the rest of the season.

Jean-Gilles was starting for RG Shawn Andrews (back) who will likely miss the rest of the season.
Backup OL Nick Cole replaced Jean-Gilles.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Let's keep winning and the rest will fall into place. I think we're peaking at the right time. Just win, and focus on nothing else except winning!