I'm still livid and after a re-watch , Garrett has me irate

40Bates40

Benched
Reaction score
I loved him early, I loved him on Turkey Day, I loved him holding the Clip like no other, I loved that his old man was a Cowboys scout etc...

BUT

He never, ever, adjusted yesterday in the 2nd half. The Giants came from the corners, the middle, 8-9 guys and JG never once ran a swing or a screen or a Witten short slant etc - he just kept calling deep routes v.s. our OL being outnumbered. Bad bad recognition.

I honestly hope he leaves.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Harsh to hope that he leaves. But shouldn't some of the recognition and playcalling be on the WR and Romo at the line. Aren't lots of audibles to slants and the like in order to beat the blitz?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Get off of Garrett.

We didnt execute on offense.

Get back a drop here and a bad pass there. We win.

Have we gotten around to blaming EVERYONE yet... because if we have that means "In Summary" = IT WAS A TEAM LOSS!!!!!!

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Yeah, I expected a little more creativity from Garrett too, but I'm tapping the breaks on wanting him gone. He is young, as our team is, you just gotta let it go man, gotta let it go.

There are a HELLUVA lot more positives about this team than there were a year ago....
Romo is a stud
Barber is better than we thought.
Oline was much better than last year (still needs improvement though)
Ellis had a wonderful comeback
Spencer looks like he can play when given a chance
Hamlin was a nice surprise
We have a solid D line nucleus thats damn tough against the run and can get pressure.
We damn sure found a kicker (how long has that been kicking us in the groin)
We have two #1 draft picks
We went 13-3
Won the NFC East for the first time in years

Sure there are places to improve, but I really like our chances in the next 5+ years.

Sure beats being the Deadskins. No future whatsoever.

ddh33

Reaction score
I didn't think Garrett called a good game yesterday, and it's not the only time I have felt that way.

However, a lot of weird, bad things were happening. The coaches don't block 'em or catch 'em.

Like someelse said, it was a team loss. It took all of them to screw this up ;)

utrunner07

Reaction score
40Bates40;1905604 said:
I loved him early, I loved him on Turkey Day, I loved him holding the Clip like no other, I loved that his old man was a Cowboys scout etc...

BUT

He never, ever, adjusted yesterday in the 2nd half. The Giants came from the corners, the middle, 8-9 guys and JG never once ran a swing or a screen or a Witten short slant etc - he just kept calling deep routes v.s. our OL being outnumbered. Bad bad recognition.

What do you expect he is a 1st year offense coordinator with very little experience before this. He needs some time, just like Romo. I would rather give Garrett a shot than keep going through the old coach carousel. This team needs some consistency from a coaching staff and if Garrett does indeed become our HC, I think he is young enough, smart enough, and solid enough to be here for a good while...

just give him some time, he knows he made mistakes, he'll fix it.

Boysboy

Reaction score
40Bates40;1905604 said:

BUT

Then using this logic, pretty much everyone on the 53 man roster should leave to. The OL, for example, played OUTSTANDING in the 1st half + the 1st drive of the 3rd qtr-I have absolutely no idea why they quit playing all of a sudden.:bang2:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
utrunner07;1905685 said:
What do you expect he is a 1st year offense coordinator with very little experience before this. He needs some time, just like Romo. I would rather give Garrett a shot than keep going through the old coach carousel. This team needs some consistency from a coaching staff and if Garrett does indeed become our HC, I think he is young enough, smart enough, and solid enough to be here for a good while...

just give him some time, he knows he made mistakes, he'll fix it.
Eh...we can give him a "shot" and let him learn the ropes of being a coach, but if he doesn't leave this year he likely will next. So basically, we get the flaws and someone else gets the finished product. I personally think the best case scenario is he leaves for the Ravens job tomorrow and we hire Cameron on Wednesday.

utrunner07

Reaction score
theogt;1905690 said:
Eh...we can give him a "shot" and let him learn the ropes of being a coach, but if he doesn't leave this year he likely will next. So basically, we get the flaws and someone else gets the finished product. I personally think the best case scenario is he leaves for the Ravens job tomorrow and we hire Cameron on Wednesday.

I think if he stays with us this coming year then Jerry is going to give him the HC job whenever he wants it, in other words if next year Jason is offered a HC job Jerry gives Wade the boot and promotes Jason.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
utrunner07;1905692 said:
I think if he stays with us this coming year then Jerry is going to give him the HC job whenever he wants it, in other words if next year Jason is offered a HC job Jerry gives Wade the but and promotes Jason.
I doubt that very seriously, but there isn't much that comes from you that I agree with.

utrunner07

Reaction score
theogt;1905695 said:
I doubt that very seriously, but there isn't much that comes from you that I agree with.

wow thanks for the shot, im sure i did something to terribly offend you.

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
40Bates40;1905604 said:

BUT

:lmao2: Are yous erious? so now we lost cause of JG, i can't believe all this Bull in some threads really..

morieeel

Reaction score
40Bates40;1905604 said:

BUT

Leave the man alone. He had a busy two weeks, with interviews and all. :)

satam55

Reaction score
40Bates40;1905604 said:

BUT

I agree! But Wade Phillips needs to be fired NOW! Jerry needs to get on the phone with Jimmy Johnson, Bill Cowher or Mike Ditka.

dooomsday

Reaction score
40Bates40;1905604 said:

BUT

Uh huh. So give him credit for all the drops,the bad passes Romo threw (not a knock but they happened, especially the one to TO), the inability of our line to give him time to even make a throw a few times, and a tough motivated opponent who wanted it more- and I dont see it as JG fault. How do you know what Romo called at the line? Your TV must be better than mine. :rolleyes:

Didnt Crayton alone drop 2 slants? I dont know man, they plays were there, the players choked. How an you blame JG for any of that? Unless you are searching for as scapegoat.

vaturkey

Reaction score
satam55;1905766 said:
I agree! But Wade Phillips needs to be fired NOW! Jerry needs to get on the phone with Jimmy Johnson, Bill Cowher or Mike Ditka.

Jimmy and Ditka have no interest in coaching and take a look at what they did in their last jobs. Please Please check facts before opening mouth and firmly inserting one's own foot. Now Cowher is different. He is a stud coach and current with the league and would be great here IMO.

Goodness folks the sky isn't falling. Baghdad, Kabul and all those other places in the world where american's are risking their lives everyday is real world. Fans should be upset, but not be suicidal for gods sake. I've been a fan for over 40 years, compare this to the Campo year's and you'll see we are headed in the right direction (finally).