I'm sure we're not the only ones worried...

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
* Seattle barely gets by a woeful Detroit team 9-6
* Carolina spanked at home 20-6
* TB shut out 27-0
* NYG lose home opener, get Eagles next

We played poorly and lost to a good team, better than knowing we played our best and lost to a poor team....

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Richmond Cowboy We played poorly and lost to a good team said:
Actually, I didn't think you played poorly! I think you are capable of playing much better, but I felt you had that game locked! Seriously, I know when I see an offense that can move the ball at will ...you have both the ground and passing game working for you. Your widereceivers looked sweet against the Jags secondary. This was a tough loss for you guys.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Richmond Cowboy said:
* Seattle barely gets by a woeful Detroit team 9-6
* Carolina spanked at home 20-6
* TB shut out 27-0
* NYG lose home opener, get Eagles next

We played poorly and lost to a good team, better than knowing we played our best and lost to a poor team....

I hate to say it, but the fact that playoff teams lost does not encourage me one bit. The way the NFL is now it is not unheard of to go from hero to zero in a one year span.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
gbrittain said:
I hate to say it, but the fact that playoff teams lost does not encourage me one bit. The way the NFL is now it is not unheard of to go from hero to zero in a one year span.

True, but you also can't take much away after one game. Last year in week one Jacksonville beat Seattle 26-14, Hasselbeck threw 2 picks. Seattle ended up doing fine for themselves.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Richmond Cowboy said:
True, but you also can't take much away after one game. Last year in week one Jacksonville beat Seattle 26-14, Hasselbeck threw 2 picks. Seattle ended up doing fine for themselves.

I hear what you are saying, and I understand the season is young and any thing can happen in an "any given sunday" kind of way.

However, to see the same problems I saw last year tells me that Dallas has not made to much progress.

1. Bledsoe is still as slow as ever. Still makes bonehead throws way to often.

2. Still no pass rush.

3. Secondary still got scorched.

4. Very conservative play calling despite the OL playing decently.

On the bright side, even though the OL did not perform great I believe they performed well enough to give Dallas a chance to win.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
gbrittain said:
I hear what you are saying, and I understand the season is young and any thing can happen in an "any given sunday" kind of way.

However, to see the same problems I saw last year tells me that Dallas has not made to much progress.

1. Bledsoe is still as slow as ever. Still makes bonehead throws way to often.

2. Still no pass rush.

3. Secondary still got scorched.

4. Very conservative play calling despite the OL playing decently.

On the bright side, even though the OL did not perform great I believe they performed well enough to give Dallas a chance to win.

I agree, especially about Bledsoe. I'm not sure if I want Romo in there yet, but, at least there would be some excitement in the air and a sense of urgency. Bledsoe doesn't bring that. All I hope for when I see him is the ball getting out of his hand before the pass rush gets to him.

It will be interesting to see how BP grades this game.