I'm torn...

JonCJG

Reaction score
with what the Cowboys will do with our 1st pick.

On one hand I would love another pass rushing LB like Lawson or Carpenter. I don't think we can have enough stud linebackers on the roster. I still have hope for Burnett though which would help me fell okay if we passed on both of them.

Which leads me towards wanting a stud FS like Allen, or Ko. But then again one or both MIGHT be there at 49, and Pat Watkins certainly will be there.

That being said the obvious choice would either be WR or OT. If Flozell gets hurt again we are screwed. It would be nice to have a LT like Justice or Mcneil there to take his place. Either way he probably only has a few years left before his play starts to decline.

But, if T.O. isn't available for whatever reason we are equally screwed. Our O would struggle again and we would have to depend on Crayton and Copper? Having a WR like Jackson or Holmes ready to step up as a #3 at the drop of a hat would help DC Fans sleep better IMO. Even if the they sit the bench all year, they would be ahead of the game and ready to contribute by year 2.

Thoughts?

TheHustler

Reaction score
I don't want a rookie as my last line of protection. Lets get another rush LB to team with Ware. It's time to rack up the sacks.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
We must get another WR on the roster...I would be surprised to see a 1st rounder at this point though....like Holmes or Jackson...most likely a 3rd. I think there is not a huge drop off of the talent from those two to a WR we can land in the 3rd or so.

I would love to somehow gain another 2nd rounder...we need four positions in the first day of the draft:

FS (there will be a few good options through the 2nd round)
OLB (I like Wimbley, Lawson, Carpenter, or Anderson)
NT (The only two I like are Ngata or Watson)
WR (Sevral can be had in the 3rd...maybe 4th if we land another pic...like Williams, Lee, Webb, Orr, Watkins).
OT (I really like Daryn Colledge...somehow I want this kid in the 3rd) I think he could be turned into a top notch LG with ability to play OT if needed.

My ideal draft:
Trade down to get another 2nd & 3rd:
2nd...Wimbley or Carpenter
2nd...Watson
3rd...Colledge
3rd...Bullocks, Pat Watkins (may be a stretch in the 3rd)
5th...Which ever WR falls (Williams, Lee, Webb, Orr, Watkins)

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
123456 said:
with what the Cowboys will do with our 1st pick.

On one hand I would love another pass rushing LB like Lawson or Carpenter. I don't think we can have enough stud linebackers on the roster. I still have hope for Burnett though which would help me fell okay if we passed on both of them.

Which leads me towards wanting a stud FS like Allen, or Ko. But then again one or both MIGHT be there at 49, and Pat Watkins certainly will be there.

That being said the obvious choice would either be WR or OT. If Flozell gets hurt again we are screwed. It would be nice to have a LT like Justice or Mcneil there to take his place. Either way he probably only has a few years left before his play starts to decline.

But, if T.O. isn't available for whatever reason we are equally screwed. Our O would struggle again and we would have to depend on Crayton and Copper? Having a WR like Jackson or Holmes ready to step up as a #3 at the drop of a hat would help DC Fans sleep better IMO. Even if the they sit the bench all year, they would be ahead of the game and ready to contribute by year 2.

Thoughts?

We have T. Glenn Also.

JonCJG

Reaction score
Glenn would be double covered almost every play and would struggle getting off the line facing number one CB's every game.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
We must get another WR on the roster...I would be surprised to see a 1st rounder at this point though....like Holmes or Jackson...most likely a 3rd. I think there is not a huge drop off of the talent from those two to a WR we can land in the 3rd or so.

I would love to somehow gain another 2nd rounder...we need four positions in the first day of the draft:

FS (there will be a few good options through the 2nd round)
OLB (I like Wimbley, Lawson, Carpenter, or Anderson)
NT (The only two I like are Ngata or Watson)
WR (Sevral can be had in the 3rd...maybe 4th if we land another pic...like Williams, Lee, Webb, Orr, Watkins).
OT (I really like Daryn Colledge...somehow I want this kid in the 3rd) I think he could be turned into a top notch LG with ability to play OT if needed.

My ideal draft:
2nd...Wimbley or Carpenter
2nd...Watson
3rd...Colledge
3rd...Bullocks, Pat Watkins (may be a stretch in the 3rd)
5th...Which ever WR falls (Williams, Lee, Webb, Orr, Watkins)
I love it. You are the only one besides myself that thinks we should trade out. Although, I don't think Colledge lasts to the 3rd, and I don't think Watson lasts to the 2nd, atleast at the 49th pick he won't. Bullocks and Watkins will be there in the 3rd I think, and I would go Jeff Webb in the 4th. We can get a 4th if we trade down to the saints - I believe we can get a 2nd/3rd/4th if we do a NO trade.

Also remember if we restructure LA's contract, he becomes easier to trade, thus allowing us the flexability to move up in the 2nd by using LA as trade bait, or Ellis.

DBoys

Reaction score
Doomsday said:
I put my money on DT or LB

No way DT you guys are dreaming. BP and Co would not of cut Glover unless they had another player in mind on the current roster. If I am wrong I will eat crow but we need LBer help.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I also believe that between Carpenter and Lawson, one or both of them could slip out of the 1st round.

JonCJG

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic...

I would be okay with that draft but don't see it happening.

2nd...Wimbley or Carpenter will be gone by this point
2nd...Watson will also be gone, maybe Wright DT Texas
3rd...Colledge Good pick could happen
3rd...Bullocks, Pat Watkins Watkins long gone, Bullocks might be there
5th...Which ever WR falls (Williams, Lee, Webb, Orr, Watkins

dwmyers

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
My ideal draft:

Problem is, our first is worth more than anyone's 2nd and 3rd. Indy's 1st and second are about what our 1st round pick is worth.

David.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
I love it. You are the only one besides myself that thinks we should trade out. Although, I don't think Colledge lasts to the 3rd, and I don't think Watson lasts to the 2nd, atleast at the 49th pick he won't. Bullocks and Watkins will be there in the 3rd I think, and I would go Jeff Webb in the 4th. We can get a 4th if we trade down to the saints - I believe we can get a 2nd/3rd/4th if we do a NO trade.

Also remember if we restructure LA's contract, he becomes easier to trade, thus allowing us the flexability to move up in the 2nd by using LA as trade bait, or Ellis.

This is a great draft to trade down...there are several very good options at LB, OT/OG, and even WR in that range. I want to add another pick in the 2nd in the worst way.

You may be right on both Watson and Colledge...Watson is a beast, but takes plays off...how will the NFL scouts...scout him???

Colledge...I'm nuts here, but thinking Hutchingson type skills if he moves inside to OG. He is really strong and athletic...at 6'43 and 300lbs. Add 10 lbs and you have a smart/nasty/big OG. Perfect prototype athletic OG...

JonCJG

Reaction score
If there and not picked by us ( Lawson, Carpenter) N.E., Carolina, and the Giants will make sure they don't make it out of round 1.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
123456 said:
Portland Fanatic...

I would be okay with that draft but don't see it happening.

2nd...Wimbley or Carpenter will be gone by this point
2nd...Watson will also be gone, maybe Wright DT Texas
3rd...Colledge Good pick could happen
3rd...Bullocks, Pat Watkins Watkins long gone, Bullocks might be there
5th...Which ever WR falls (Williams, Lee, Webb, Orr, Watkins

You may be right, but if you look at draft boards 1-60...these guys are all over the place. It's tough...bu7t I'd wet myself with that draft...:laugh1:

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
dwmyers said:
Problem is, our first is worth more than anyone's 2nd and 3rd. Indy's 1st and second are about what our 1st round pick is worth.

David.

I need to go look at who has what picks...but an ideal situation would be to land two 2nd rounders. I need to look at the points board...

ok...just did!

You are right...900 points at #18...we need two top 2nd rounders for that.

Who out there has two 2nd rounders???

JonCJG

Reaction score
I hear you talking Portland. :)

Stranger things have happened. Who would have thought we would have got Witten in round 3 a few years back? Players drop every year, hopefully they will drop in our favor if we do indeed trade down.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
This is a great draft to trade down...there are several very good options at LB, OT/OG, and even WR in that range. I want to add another pick in the 2nd in the worst way.

You may be right on both Watson and Colledge...Watson is a beast, but takes plays off...how will the NFL scouts...scout him???

Colledge...I'm nuts here, but thinking Hutchingson type skills if he moves inside to OG. He is really strong and athletic...at 6'43 and 300lbs. Add 10 lbs and you have a smart/nasty/big OG. Perfect prototype athletic OG...
If for anything else, Colledge could be a tweener and move all over the line. I do know that he can handle speed rushers, that's a fact.

And you are right about the OLB. I can say that Carpenter (best prototype OLB - that will fall to us) But you have Lawson-playmaker/Wimbley-huge upside/ Mark Anderson - quick and a very good against the run/exceptional - And I can name atleast 5 more that can step in and do the job.

Jeremy Mincey/Chris Gocong/Stanley McClover/Gerris Wilkerson/Willie Evens

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
I need to go look at who has what picks...but an ideal situation would be to land two 2nd rounders. I need to look at the points board...

ok...just did!

You are right...900 points at #18...we need two top 2nd rounders for that.

Who out there has two 2nd rounders???
New Orleans = 2nd pick (550) 3rd rd (255) 4th rd (104) = 909 pts.

JonCJG

Reaction score
Now that's what I call a trade!!

Doubt it happens though. They are drafting high in every round this year.

IMO We'll trade down with a team late in round one and then pick up their 2nd and maybe a late day 2 pick.