I'm torn...

Manster68

Reaction score
I am convinced that it will be Carpenter or Lawson.

I am also convinced that Miami will take Lawson with the 16th pick.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
New Orleans = 2nd pick (550) 3rd rd (255) 4th rd (104) = 909 pts.

That would be nice, but don't see NO making that trade...there are to many solid players in the 2-4th rounds. Maybe if they trade their 2nd round and accumulate more...then maybe they'd deal some, but that's alot of picks to give up with a good mid round draft.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
That would be nice, but don't see NO making that trade...there are to many solid players in the 2-4th rounds. Maybe if they trade their 2nd round and accumulate more...then maybe they'd seal some, but that's alot of picks to give up with a good mid round draft.
A 2 a 3 and next years 3 will get it done. That gives them their 4 back. Then we can trade Ellis straight up for a 3 giving us 2 2nds 2 thirds and 2 2nds for next year in case we need to pull another trade.

ghst187

Reaction score
In the draft I think we need:
LB
WR
OL
FS

I think we're going to let the chips fall where they may.
Ideal scenario, I'd like to see us trade down a few spots and get either Lawson or Carpenter (Lawson first choice).
I'd like to look for Jason Allen, maybe Jean-Gilles, McNeil, Davin Joseph in the second and maybe WR Jennings in the 3rd.
I'd almost prefer Jennings in the 3rd over Holmes or Jackson in the 1st. Mainly because we're not looking for an immediate starter at WR, but we do need one.
I think we probably go LB in the first mainly because we need a starter there right away. OL and FS will probably be considerations too but we can find good ones in round 2 and 3 easily.
Of course, my rationale will change if we sign someone like Peterson. Then I would project us looking at an OL or FS. WR is definitely a wild card for us though.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
A 2 a 3 and next years 3 will get it done. That gives them their 4 back. Then we can trade Ellis straight up for a 3 giving us 2 2nds 2 thirds and 2 2nds for next year in case we need to pull another trade.

It would be ideal somehow to get three 2nd rounders in this draft....

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
It would be ideal somehow to get three 2nd rounders in this draft....
That would be a dream come true. Trade out of the 1st and pick up another second and a next years 1st.
Ellis and LA (if you restructure his contract to make him more tradable) would bring a 2nd.