imagine how hard players would play

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
if they only got paid when the team won the game.

it sure as heck would make for some brutal battles game in and game out.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
No - maybe a full paycheck if they win and 1/4 paycheck if they lose. You gotta let the guy pay his bills. Imagine the players on 1-15, 3-13 teams, living on the charter bus and showering in the clubhouse while their wives and children live under I-35 bridges.

ultra5

Reaction score
Biggems;2361034 said:

The way it stands right now - we have a bunch of thieves playing for us.

It's unbelievable.

Wade needs to start holding these guys accountable - each and every one. Tackling drills are needed each week for our Defense because they obviously don't feel they need to get dirty.

Soft like Charmin - that's what this D with 5 1st rounders is.

lockster

Reaction score
Ashwynn;2361175 said:
No - maybe a full paycheck if they win and 1/4 paycheck if they lose. You gotta let the guy pay his bills. Imagine the players on 1-15, 3-13 teams, living on the charter bus and showering in the clubhouse while their wives and children live under I-35 bridges.

Love this idea! Like the playoffs and superbowl.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Performance based contracts just won't fly in professional sports (unless it's an aging vet or someone trying to comeback from a horrific injury or suspension). So what teams should do is start fining the cr@p out of the players for every false start, every dropped pass, every missed assignment, etc. And so the owners don't look cheap in the process, they can have all the money go to charity. Players would perform at a higher level and it would be a good PR move.

It won't work, but I think it's a good idea nonetheless.

Rogah

Reaction score
Biggems;2361034 said:

Didn't the XFL try this..? I don't mean that the losers didn't get paid anything at all, but IIRC there was a bonus for the members of the winning team.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Wouldn't work. The bookies would be able to buy them even easier than they already do. Now although sick, the kidnap their families thing would work. Even the bookies couldn't overcome that. Or you could just not make gambling on the games legal for anyone. That would solve all of this garbage. Believe me, lots of players gamble indirectly on the games.