Imagine if McCarthy had this on his record

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is he like undefeated when leading or trailing by less than 3 points entering the 4th quarter ?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The 49ers 28 years and counting is real.
But it is not the same as our drought. They have played in 2 super bowls in the last 10 years and made several other NFC title game appearances. We have not been to even an NFC title game in 28 games.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No it isn't as they have been to the SB. Our 28 years is one where we haven't been to even a conference title game. This is the second time I've pointed this out to you. Will it take a third?
Probably because no one is content with losing a SB but you it seems. You still lost.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But it is not the same as our drought. They have played in 2 super bowls in the last 10 years and made several other NFC title game appearances. We have not been to even an NFC title game in 28 games.
That’s even worse. That means you have had chances to win a SB and choked it away twice. We haven’t had a chance to choke lol.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s even worse. That means you have had chances to win a SB and choked it away twice. We haven’t had a chance to choke lol.
Disagree. You aren’t even in the ballpark of being right. Would you also agree that it’s better to sit on the couch than go out and play and risk losing?

rambo2

Reaction score
So, what? The Cowboys are good now.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Disagree. You aren’t even in the ballpark of being right. Would you also agree that it’s better to sit on the couch than go out and play and risk losing?
Not at all. But we are talking about accomplishments here not second place awards. If you’re second place your last. Would I rather win a SB or lose it? That’s the real question. I expect a 49ers fan to sprinkle sugar on their drought to make it look better than it is but ultimately if the goal is to win a ring then what is the difference?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not at all. But we are talking about accomplishments here not second place awards. If you’re second place your last. Would I rather win a SB or lose it? That’s the real question. I expect a 49ers fan to sprinkle sugar on their drought to make it look better than it is but ultimately if the goal is to win a ring then what is the difference?
Winning the NFC and just getting to the Super Bowl is generally viewed as an accomplishment. Now if you are the 90’s Bills and lose 4 super bowls in a row, that’s a different problem. But making 2 super bowls in 10 years is better than not making any in 28 years……. Even if you lose. Just an NFC title game appearance would look like a step forward for the cowboys.

links18

Reaction score
So he has had 34 games as a head coach that fit those parameters? I don't think he has been coaching that long.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Winning the NFC and just getting to the Super Bowl is generally viewed as an accomplishment. Now if you are the 90’s Bills and lose 4 super bowls in a row, that’s a different problem. But making 2 super bowls in 10 years is better than not making any in 28 years……. Even if you lose. Just an NFC title game appearance would look like a step forward for the cowboys.
Well yeah if you’re of the belief a SB isn’t the goal then yeah but ultimately if the Cowboys made the NFC championship no one would be satisfied especially if we were the best team in the NFL. It will still have been 27 years since our last SB appearance.