Imagine Rex Ryan

rojan

Reaction score
When watching the Ravens play I allways admire their defence..I would love for Rex to be our Head Coach..Its exactly what everyone was asking for in the final games of this season..I love how he uses soo much different looks and puts his players in position to make plays...they only thing we need to do though is get a better MLB..I dont think that James can handle linning everyone up. And as for Reveria as a HC, we would still need a better MLB that can covere but I was thinking tht if we dont sign a HC in the next week than I think that we are waiting for him to becaome available

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Rex Ryan should be the only name on JJ's list. After seeing all the ways he lined up Adalius Thomas, I am completely convinced that he would make DeMarcus Ware the most feared player in the NFL by a wide margin.

rojan

Reaction score
I love how his players are allways full of energy and they swarm the person with the ball. I know that we wouldnt have a problem with Pass Rush.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I wouldn'tmind Rex at all. My first choice is Rivera, but Rex would be a good choice. I think we could use Akin and Carp inside and maybe move Burnett to the opposite side of Ware, that is a lot of speed at the LB spot with some great atheltes.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BEMYDADJERRY;1331868 said:
Ya Rex Also Has Lewis And Reed ...not To Mention A Bunch Of Ball Hawks....

The Only Problem I Have With Him Is His Father :D

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
BEMYDADJERRY;1331868 said:
Ya Rex Also Has Lewis And Reed ...not To Mention A Bunch Of Ball Hawks....

I think players are the product of the coach. In other words, we might have a Reed type on this team, we might have a Bart Scott, but under the present scheme, which is a read and react type, not an aggressive one, the players don't get to shine. They are not play makers, they are play stoppers.

I think it is not wise to say stuff like that, because under Ryan or Rivera, Watkins might be the second coming of Woodson. Its all about the coaching and schemes.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1331910 said:
The Only Problem I Have With Him Is His Father :D

Yeah, I agree. If he acts like his father out on the rump he would be. I don't hear anything like that about Rex and Rob from the Ravens or the Raiders though.

rojan

Reaction score
Cowboy4ever;1331924 said:
I think players are the product of the coach. In other words, we might have a Reed type on this team, we might have a Bart Scott, but under the present scheme, which is a read and react type, not an aggressive one, the players don't get to shine. They are not play makers, they are play stoppers.

I think it is not wise to say stuff like that, because under Ryan or Rivera, Watkins might be the second coming of Woodson. Its all about the coaching and schemes.

Very True

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
nyc;1331930 said:
Yeah, I agree. If he acts like his father out on the rump he would be. I don't hear anything like that about Rex and Rob from the Ravens or the Raiders though.

It was a joke...hence the :D

BEMYDADJERRY

Reaction score
Ya I Hear Ya But I Just Dont See It Happeneing.....as For Watkins Turning Into A Woodson...no Chance....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
rojan;1331817 said:
When watching the Ravens play I allways admire their defence..I would love for Rex to be our Head Coach..Its exactly what everyone was asking for in the final games of this season..I love how he uses soo much different looks and puts his players in position to make plays...they only thing we need to do though is get a better MLB..I dont think that James can handle linning everyone up. And as for Reveria as a HC, we would still need a better MLB that can covere but I was thinking tht if we dont sign a HC in the next week than I think that we are waiting for him to becaome available

If it was all coaching then why does James have to be replaced?

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Cowboy4ever;1331859 said:
I wouldn'tmind Rex at all. My first choice is Rivera, but Rex would be a good choice. I think we could use Akin and Carp inside and maybe move Burnett to the opposite side of Ware, that is a lot of speed at the LB spot with some great atheltes.

I get the feeling that Ryan would be better suited with this personell than Rivera. Rivera is a great defensive coach, but I think he is more comfortable in teh 4-3. Chicago runs a pretty straight forward defense, and they get good pressure with teh front 4. I agree your idea would probably work. But we don't really have a good pass rusher besids Ware. If Ellis comes back, the 4-3 could conceivably be effective, not liek Zimmer's bend but dont break mentality. If we get Rivera, you gotta hope Hatcher lives up to what we hope he can be.

I agree with the guy who talked about Adalius Thomas. Ware is as good an athlete as AT. The possibilities would be scary. Zimmer/Parcells ran a very simple 3-4 (as if we havent discussed this to death)..I would definately welcome Ryan's creativity.

rojan

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1332053 said:
If it was all coaching then why does James have to be replaced?

Well we are going to need a leader as our MLB and from TNews comments Bradie isnt the answer

Spontae

Reaction score
Both Ryans would need an accomplished OC who they would likely have to give great lattitude to run the offense, as neither Ryan has coaching experience on O (as far as I've read).

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
rojan;1332067 said:
Well we are going to need a leader as our MLB and from TNews comments Bradie isnt the answer

Better hope that one of our young guys dethroans him. Because his contract pretty much keeps him here for a while.