Imagine this team next year with a better OL & T.O.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
DallasKnight said:
We think alike on this point Yeagermeister. T.O. will never be on my Christmas card list. I'll root for the Cowboys, and if T.O. is on the team, I'll root for someone to break his leg on EVERY play.

Well that is just plain ignorant. I am not a huge TO fan, but I AM a huge Cowboy fan. If TO somehow managed to be placed on the Cowboys roster, I will root as hard as I can for him. When the game is on, all I see is White, Blue, and Silver. I don't care who is getting it done, just as long as it is getting done. If it happens to be Owens, then great for Dallas. If it happens to be Glenn, then great for Dallas. I wouldn't care if Dallas brought in Joe Gibbs to kick field goals; I would still root for him to make every one.

1fisher

Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:
Well that is just plain ignorant. I am not a huge TO fan, but I AM a huge Cowboy fan. If TO somehow managed to be placed on the Cowboys roster, I will root as hard as I can for him. When the game is on, all I see is White, Blue, and Silver. I don't care who is getting it done, just as long as it is getting done. If it happens to be Owens, then great for Dallas. If it happens to be Glenn, then great for Dallas. I wouldn't care if Dallas brought in Joe Gibbs to kick field goals; I would still root for him to make every one.

.......nonsense!

while you're at it bring in a few crack smokin, child molesting, gang bangin, ex-cons ....... after all, you're just rooting for the uni....... :rolleyes:

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
1fisher said:
.......nonsense!

while you're at it bring in a few crack smokin, child molesting, gang bangin, ex-cons ....... after all, you're just rooting for the uni....... :rolleyes:

Whatever dude. What you should be rooting for is for Owens to see his faults and realize that it is not about him, and realize that in order for him to continue in this league, he has to be a team player. It wasn't too long ago that Owens was an humble member of the 49ers under the tutelage of Jerry Rice, saying yes sir and yes ma'am to everyone...

I honestly believe that Owens has seen the product of his actions and has learned from his mistakes. And like I said, if he does become a Cowboy in the offseason, I will be rooting for him to get it right and be a team player for the Cowboys. Oh, and by the way, we have already had some crack smokin, gang bangin, ex-cons on our roster but even you still rooted for the Cowboys then.

1fisher

Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:
Whatever dude. What you should be rooting for is for Owens to see his faults and realize that it is not about him, and realize that in order for him to continue in this league, he has to be a team player. It wasn't too long ago that Owens was an humble member of the 49ers under the tutelage of Jerry Rice, saying yes sir and yes ma'am to everyone...

I honestly believe that Owens has seen the product of his actions and has learned from his mistakes. And like I said, if he does become a Cowboy in the offseason, I will be rooting for him to get it right and be a team player for the Cowboys. Oh, and by the way, we have already had some crack smokin, gang bangin, ex-cons on our roster but even you still rooted for the Cowboys then.

Maybe I am rooting for Owens to turn his personal life around...... but that does not mean I want him on this team!

so.... you were sitting beside me in my living room while I was waving my pom pons for those certain members? No.....and for the record it was a terrible time for me....... I hardly wore anything with the Cowboys name on it because I was ridiculed relentlessly! I didn't approve of those players and still don't today. So don't lump me in with the ones that root for the uni's like you do. I tend to see the people wearing them...... :starspin

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Perhaps it is just me... but I can not for the life of me...see how TO could add more than he takes away...he maybe worth on a scale of 1-100 a solid 100 but he sucks the life out of his team so what good did it do to bring him in anyway?

1fisher

Reaction score
Zaxor said:
Perhaps it is just me... but I can not for the life of me...see how TO could add more than he takes away...he maybe worth on a scale of 1-100 a solid 100 but he sucks the life out of his team so what good did it do to bring him in anyway?

we have a winner!!!!!

:starspin :starspin :starspin

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
1fisher said:
Maybe I am rooting for Owens to turn his personal life around...... but that does not mean I want him on this team!

so.... you were sitting beside me in my living room while I was waving my pom pons for those certain members? No.....and for the record it was a terrible time for me....... I hardly wore anything with the Cowboys name on it because I was ridiculed relentlessly! I didn't approve of those players and still don't today. So don't lump me in with the ones that root for the uni's like you do. I tend to see the people wearing them...... :starspin

So you mean to tell me that IF, Owens played for the Cowboys, showed respect to the coaching staff and his teammates, and never moaned about his paycheck, or criticized Bledsoe, and gave 100% on every play, that you would still root against him? Well maybe I am more forgiving than others. I give guys a chance to redeem themselves because everyone has made a fool of themselves at least once in their lifetime. So tell me, what is your opinion of Keyshawn? I know he wasn't as outlandish as Owens, but there are records of him having shouting matches with Gruden on the Bucs sideline, but in Dallas, he seems like a totally different player. Remember, we have Parcells on the sidelines, and if Owens decided to have one of his hissy fits, he would be on the first bus out of Dallas. All I am saying is, don't knock it until you try it. If he comes to Dallas and takes more than he gives, then feel free to bash him and myself, but don't just sit their acting like you know the future and already know what will happen because you don't.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:
So you mean to tell me that IF, Owens played for the Cowboys, showed respect to the coaching staff and his teammates, and never moaned about his paycheck, or criticized Bledsoe, and gave 100% on every play, that you would still root against him? Well maybe I am more forgiving than others. I give guys a chance to redeem themselves because everyone has made a fool of themselves at least once in their lifetime. So tell me, what is your opinion of Keyshawn? I know he wasn't as outlandish as Owens, but there are records of him having shouting matches with Gruden on the Bucs sideline, but in Dallas, he seems like a totally different player. Remember, we have Parcells on the sidelines, and if Owens decided to have one of his hissy fits, he would be on the first bus out of Dallas. All I am saying is, don't knock it until you try it. If he comes to Dallas and takes more than he gives, then feel free to bash him and myself, but don't just sit their acting like you know the future and already know what will happen because you don't.
And all that will never happen. He had the perfect situation in Philly and ruined it and don't kid yourself it started last year.

1fisher

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
And all that will never happen. He had the perfect situation in Philly and ruined it and don't kid yourself it started last year.

agree Yeag.....He had the perfect opportunity and blew it........

1fisher

Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:

Throw out the IF's......... if if if........

I don't live on the don't knock til you try philosophy...... I've seen what drugs and alcohol can do to people's lives.... does that mean I should try it and see if it works for me??....... No!!!

I don't know the future and don't try to predict it.... I simply said I didn't want to see TO here....

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
1fisher said:
Throw out the IF's......... if if if........

I don't live on the don't knock til you try philosophy...... I've seen what drugs and alcohol can do to people's lives.... does that mean I should try it and see if it works for me??....... No!!!

I don't know the future and don't try to predict it.... I simply said I didn't want to see TO here....

That is a pretty poor comparison. Drugs and alcohol always yield the same result. They can't learn and improve, but the human mind changes constantly, and I believe that we will see a different Owens next year. It is your right not to want him in Dallas, but my point is that you shouldn't root for him to fail if he does come to Dallas. It would seem logical to hope that all Dallas players succeed instead of hoping someone gets injured just because of your opinion. I do not advocate the "win by any means" policy, but I will root for the Cowboy players to give their all and be team players when they wear the jersey, no matter who is in it. Saying, "I don't like that guy so I won't root for him and I hope he breaks a leg" is pretty immature.

1fisher

Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:
That is a pretty poor comparison. Drugs and alcohol always yield the same result. They can't learn and improve, but the human mind changes constantly, and I believe that we will see a different Owens next year. It is your right not to want him in Dallas, but my point is that you shouldn't root for him to fail if he does come to Dallas. It would seem logical to hope that all Dallas players succeed instead of hoping someone gets injured just because of your opinion. I do not advocate the "win by any means" policy, but I will root for the Cowboy players to give their all and be team players when they wear the jersey, no matter who is in it. Saying, "I don't like that guy so I won't root for him and I hope he breaks a leg" is pretty immature.

obviously you didn't get what I was trying to say regarding the drugs and alcohol observation..... you said don't knock it til you try it..... I haven't tried it but I can see what it does to people so I will knock it.... understand....
I wouldn't root for him to fail..... I wouldn't root for him period. I'd wish the TD had gone to JJ or Witten... :D

You don't advocate "win by all means policy yet you root for a guy like TO"...hmmm

Finally.... go back an re-read MY post.... I'm not the one who said I would root for him to break a leg..... I just don't want him on this team.

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
We would be FIYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean we are already extremely talented and with the edition of a big threat WR, and our o line being strengthened, we would be very good!!!!!!!!!

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
1fisher said:
obviously you didn't get what I was trying to say regarding the drugs and alcohol observation..... you said don't knock it til you try it..... I haven't tried it but I can see what it does to people so I will knock it.... understand....
I wouldn't root for him to fail..... I wouldn't root for him period. I'd wish the TD had gone to JJ or Witten... :D

You don't advocate "win by all means policy yet you root for a guy like TO"...hmmm

Finally.... go back an re-read MY post.... I'm not the one who said I would root for him to break a leg..... I just don't want him on this team.

That is just it...I don't root for TO, I root for the Cowboys. If TO just happens to be on the team, then he will get rooted for as part of a collective unit with the rest of the Cowboys. As to wheter we want TO on the team or not, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree, but I do believe he should get another chance to redeem himself..its not like he was selling drugs to elementary school children or pimpin hoes or something...

:eek:

Mansta54

Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:
I do believe he should get another chance to redeem himself..its not like he was selling drugs to elementary school children or pimpin hoes or something...

:eek:

Well said!!!!!

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
lets get michael irvin in here to be the WR coach, we all know hes friends with irvin!! :)