IMHO Roy dislikes the Giants especially

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
It is so hard at times to tell what Roy is thinking these days...he is not the outgoing, throw his body around player he was when he came into the NFL. HOWEVER, I have always felt he really does not like the Giants AND he gets especially amped to play them. His ability to inspire an entire defense still exists...we just do not see it as much anymore. This Sunday would be a great day for him to do something to get the ATTENTION of the Giants AND his teamates. I miss those days!

zack

Reaction score
bbailey423;1749116 said:
It is so hard at times to tell what Roy is thinking these days...he is not the outgoing, throw his body around player he was when he came into the NFL. HOWEVER, I have always felt he really does not like the Giants AND he gets especially amped to play them. His ability to inspire an entire defense still exists...we just do not see it as much anymore. This Sunday would be a great day for him to do something to get the ATTENTION of the Giants AND his teamates. I miss those days!

I think it is Shockey that makes him that way. I think he really hates him.

Zman5

Reaction score
zack;1749120 said:
I think it is Shockey that makes him that way. I think he really hates him.

I'm not sure about Shockey but I think he hates Toomer and Burress. I think Burress called him an overrated player and an ankle tackler last year.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Zman5;1749218 said:
I'm not sure about Shockey but I think he hates Toomer and Burress. I think Burress called him an overrated player and an ankle tackler last year.
Plax did...so you do not EVER have to worry about Roy getting up for this game..I think Burress is the type of player that is looking for a reason to take an early exit...and I hope Roy gives it to him

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
The giants players have taken verbal shots at him for 3.5 years and their entire sideline cry like women every time he tackles someone, yet when plaxico burress horsecollars aaron glenn on an interception and injures him nothing is said.

I really dislike this giants team. I dont feel we have a rivalry with them, but I think these two core groups of players dislike each other.

Its like newman said when he realized he couldnt play in september, I am most mad because I dont like any of those guys over there.

I look forward to this week, I know there are probably at least two giants players who are going to declare themselves as something or guarantee something.

Plaxico and shockey couldnt shut their mouth last year leading up to the week we played them and they both looked foolish at the end of the game, so did their defense, particularly antonio pierce who was roasted repeatedly by witten.

I cant wait till the media convinces them they are this monumental underdog and are being disrespected and then mount shockey or burress wont be able to stop themselves and will talk like they did in september and last december.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
I think Roy hates Jacobs just as much as he hates Shockey. Remember Jacobs talking about running roy over last season?

JPM

Reaction score
I'm from NY so I hate the whole friggin team.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Muhast;1749432 said:
I think Roy hates Jacobs just as much as he hates Shockey. Remember Jacobs talking about running roy over last season?
jacobs did run over Roy last season and shockey ran over Roy in game 1 from this season. Roy needs to step up cause the last few games against the giants, Roy hasn't played very well and has been getting pushed around

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
He can hate whoever he wants....I just want to see him make some plays.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Roy needs to reflect this in his play if this is the case. The first game of the year was one of the worst games of his entire career.

Zman5

Reaction score
I miss the days when Roy used to beat the crap out of people. Including the kickers. You guys remember that game against the Skins when he broke the kicker's nose? That was nasty. Yeh, I miss those days.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Roy just doesn't care about the game as much anymore. It's obvious. He got his fat paycheck and the fire in him disappeared. He's almost non-existent on the field now.

The only time i notice him is when another one of our players has made a tackle and he comes in with an assist.

Gone are the days of a motivational big hit or consistent game changing plays.

Shame on you, Roy. Hope you're enjoying the money.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Well this should now turn into a 10 page thread of whether or not roy williams sucks or not.

Congrats, we needed one of those.

Maybe someone can start one on whether or not pete rose belongs in the hall of fame.

khiladi

Reaction score
bigbadroy;1749448 said:
jacobs did run over Roy last season and shockey ran over Roy in game 1 from this season. Roy needs to step up cause the last few games against the giants, Roy hasn't played very well and has been getting pushed around

Roy use to scare the living hell out of Shockey... Shockey plays with major confidence now, when going against the Cowboys...

While it may not be an accurate reflection of the actual play of Roy, it surely reflects a perception by certain players...

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
The giants do the best job of getting Roy into bad spots.

They forced him to cover shockey on the line of scrimmage out wide about 4 or 5 times in september, yet they only threw the ball to shockey one time if I remember correctly when they had him aligned that way.

I was crapping my pants in the stadium everytime it happened!!!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;1749621 said:
Well this should now turn into a 10 page thread of whether or not roy williams sucks or not.

Congrats, we needed one of those.

Maybe someone can start one on whether or not pete rose belongs in the hall of fame.

It's getting to the point where I ban otherwise good posters b/c I'm *so* tired of reading Roy-Willy threads.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
I don't think he sucks, and I don't believe he can't cover. He just doesn't punish people anymore. He never lays the wood. Never lays someone out like he used to. He just isn't a big hitter anymore.