IMHO Roy dislikes the Giants especially

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did anyone notice that play Sunday night when Roy hit the blocker instead of going after the receiver who ended up running past him? I'm a Roy supporter, but plays like that make me scratch my head. It's like he's sleepwalking and by the time he wakes up, it's too late to make the play properly. I hope he gets the fire back soon.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;1749886 said:
Did anyone notice that play Sunday night when Roy hit the blocker instead of going after the receiver who ended up running past him? I'm a Roy supporter, but plays like that make me scratch my head. It's like he's sleepwalking and by the time he wakes up, it's too late to make the play properly. I hope he gets the fire back soon.
i thought that was a good play. he couldn't get to the ball carrier so he disrupted his running lane by hitting his blocker and the ball carrier was tackled right after that.

JPM

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1749861 said:
CowboyMike can measure player's hearts

nice

He can tell if a player cares or not as well.

nice.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Idgit;1750252 said:
A little reminder why the Giants don't like Roy Williams so much. Especially ~3:50 mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdrb4jNSkl4

No snarky comments about this being 'old Roy,' please.

Hat tip: Tek2000, of course.

It is the old Roy.. and i miss him

When is the last time you saw him running around like a madman on the field making plays???

The only time people talk about Roy now these days is how much he cant cover..

you cant even remember the last time he had a big hit

khiladi

Reaction score
94WARE94;1750311 said:

When is the last time you saw him running around like a madman on the field making plays???

I am beginning to think that it has everything to do with his weight and body-size. Roy looked a hell of a lot leaner in those clips, and he was extremely quick to the ball. Does anybody know the weight he was listed at when drafted?

Reaction score
khiladi;1750560 said:
I am beginning to think that it has everything to do with his weight and body-size. Roy looked a hell of a lot leaner in those clips, and he was extremely quick to the ball. Does anybody know the weight he was listed at when drafted?

I thought 225-228. He is probably around 235 now..

khiladi

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;1750563 said:
I thought 225-228. He is probably around 235 now..

I think he is listed at 225 now... Nobody can tell me that there is no size difference between Roy of past and Roy now, based upon the tapes. It is obvious on from the video. He was too explosive, flying all over the field, and his coverage skills were money.

While it may not seem to be that much of a deal, decrease in muscle mass, especially per the safety position, makes a significant difference in play. Too much muscle mass is non-functional and can impede athletic performance. Look at Bradie James, this year as opposed to last. And Bradie James is definitely not on the same physical specimen that Roy is....

And this is not a knock on Roy's play...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
94WARE94;1750311 said:

The only time people talk about Roy now these days is how much he cant cover..

you cant even remember the last time he had a big hit

See, now, you didn't listen. I said no being snarky. I don't read or acknowledge the many dimwitted comments about Roy in coverage, so I can't speak to that. I did expect more big hits from him this year, but I'm not complaining about 7-1.

The point, though, is that I think these big past hits on the Giants are part of the reason why that team doesn't like Roy, and why he returns the favor. Those were some nasty shots.

Zman5

Reaction score
Look how close Roy is to the LOS in alot of those plays. That's where he belongs.

TonyRomo#9

roy woulda had an INT against the iggles if hamlin hadn't got their first, roy was in position to make the play too.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I think Roy has put on too much weight in his legs. his legs are as big as a lot of D-linemen

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm hoping with both of our CBs back finally we can see Roy nearer the LoS more often.