Implosion

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Last year: Health (yes that is always the key); Leaders: Romo, Dez, Murray (strong locker room)

This Year: Unhealthy; Murray gone and Kraken (leader according to Jerry) and Randle are knuckleheading around.

Health is a major factor, but so is who picks up the slack. Jerry danced with the devil again regarding talent and its been wheels off the last two weeks or so.

I'm also seeing a disturbing trend. I've been a die-hard since mid to late 70s. Many are the same. But my allegiance never has led me to make excuses for lapse of judgements. It's weird that every week some of our resident knuckleheads do their typical stuff and I see about 75% here make excuses..."oh who doesn't say women are hot?"; "so he tweeted the twin towers, wasn't meant to hurt anyone..its the media."; "that's called intensity"; "league and media are just overblowing it."

No, pretty much they are getting it right. It's a dog and pony show right now and I don't care what the players say, it takes its toll. Hopefully a ship can be righted with some wins and quality control.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
So much nonsense in this. If you wanted to make a Greg Hardy, the scum of the universe thread then you should have. And for the record, no they aren't "getting it right."

Miller

Reaction score
So much nonsense in this. If you wanted to make a Greg Hardy, the scum of the universe thread then you should have. And for the record, no they aren't "getting it right."

This isn't a Greg Hardy thread. It's regarding the difference a year makes and how your talent/leaders make a difference. When did you see or hear of anything like this happening last year? We had a gritty much of guys on D that were coached to play well. On offense we had a machine that had true leaders that had locker room respect. Jerry went for the gold with Hardy and so far its been a crazier year. Even with the injuries you are adding a new element that wasn't present last year....craziness.

They have gotten it right. One incident is a non-story. Continued knuckleheadedness week after week when you brought that spotlight on you, is a story. Sorry. It adds up and is deserved. In legal terms we came to the nuisance.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hardy's problems are 1, that he doesn't seem very apologetic after his incident and 2, that he plays in Dallas. As long as both of those things are the case, there's going to be a camera on him all the time, and the story is going to be national.

It doesn't matter that he was looking at a misdemeanor probationary sentence. It doesn't matter that it was vacated. It doesn't matter that he doesn't really have a pattern of legal or abuse problems. He's a loosely-wrapped superstar talent who was suspended by the league for a hot button issue and is, for the most part, unapologetic for his behavior. People hate that. Sports networks love it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This isn't a Greg Hardy thread. It's regarding the difference a year makes and how your talent/leaders make a difference. When did you see or hear of anything like this happening last year? We had a gritty much of guys on D that were coached to play well. On offense we had a machine that had true leaders that had locker room respect. Jerry went for the gold with Hardy and so far its been a crazier year. Even with the injuries you are adding a new element that wasn't present last year....craziness.

They have gotten it right. One incident is a non-story. Continued knuckleheadedness week after week when you brought that spotlight on you, is a story. Sorry. It adds up and is deserved. In legal terms we came to the nuisance.

Last year we had the Dez story. We had the Randle underwear story. We had the Randle throwing Dez under the bus re: slapping his momma story. We had the Tyron Smith's family stalking him for money story. Same stuff. The difference was the W/L record.

And the W/L record is tied to having so many of our best players out for so many games. Including our best two players, one of whom plays the most important position on the team. Plus, the obligatory reference to the lack of takeaways.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I still don't see what Hardy did that was so bad.

Some of you must have never played the game before. I'd rather go to "war" with a guy like Hardy then with the pretty boy sippin' a cup of Gatorade on the sidelines wondering what club he's gonna hit later that night.

AzorAhai

Reaction score

Theres craziness because the team is 2-4 and lost 4 in a row. If Romo and Dez are playing this "implosion" you speak of never even gets mentioned. And for a team thats imploding, they sure are playing hard and been competitive against all odds. You have a problem with Hardy and are placing this whole "implosion" thing at his feet.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last year: Health (yes that is always the key); Leaders: Romo, Dez, Murray (strong locker room)

This Year: Unhealthy; Murray gone and Kraken (leader according to Jerry) and Randle are knuckleheading around.

Health is a major factor, but so is who picks up the slack. Jerry danced with the devil again regarding talent and its been wheels off the last two weeks or so.

I'm also seeing a disturbing trend. I've been a die-hard since mid to late 70s. Many are the same. But my allegiance never has led me to make excuses for lapse of judgements. It's weird that every week some of our resident knuckleheads do their typical stuff and I see about 75% here make excuses..."oh who doesn't say women are hot?"; "so he tweeted the twin towers, wasn't meant to hurt anyone..its the media."; "that's called intensity"; "league and media are just overblowing it."

No, pretty much they are getting it right. It's a dog and pony show right now and I don't care what the players say, it takes its toll. Hopefully a ship can be righted with some wins and quality control.

If the Cowboys were as bad as this thread they would be 0-6.

gambit187

Reaction score
Theres craziness because the team is 2-4 and lost 4 in a row. If Romo and Dez are playing this "implosion" you speak of never even gets mentioned. And for a team thats imploding, they sure are playing hard and been competitive against all odds. You have a problem with Hardy and are placing this whole "implosion" thing at his feet.

This is just too much...I'm a follower of Russell Simmons and Deepak Chopra...You guys half empty/the sky is falling is killing my HALF FULL VIBE. We are 2-4 without our Pro-bowl QB and WR. 3 of the 4 games we lost were super close. Some of you guys need to stop trying to blame or claim implosion when you know who exactly is sitting on the bench waiting to come back.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Hardy's problems are 1, that he doesn't apologetic after his incident and 2, that he plays in Dallas. As long as both of those things are the case, there's going to be a camera on him all the time, and the story is going to be national.

It doesn't matter that he was looking at a misdemeanor probationary sentence. It doesn't matter that it was vacated. It doesn't matter that he doesn't really have a pattern of legal or abuse problems. He's a loosely-wrapped superstar talent who was suspended by the league for a hot button issue and is, for the most part, unapologetic for his behavior. People hate that. Sports networks love it.

Seriuously, if you did nothing wrong would you be apologetic?

That is the main thing people are saying. He doesn't seem to have learned anything.

It is down right patronizing to tell a grown man that he has to pretend to be some PC warrior to make mediots feel better,

Miller

Reaction score
Last year we had the Dez story. We had the Randle underwear story. We had the Randle throwing Dez under the bus re: slapping his momma story. We had the Tyron Smith's family stalking him for money story. Same stuff. The difference was the W/L record.

And the W/L record is tied to having so many of our best players out for so many games. Including our best two players, one of whom plays the most important position on the team. Plus, the obligatory reference to the lack of takeaways.

I don't put underwear thieving by a backup RB as a story. Also, despite Dez's issues he has never been shown to be a guy who would go after a coach, etc. I see Dez as the type guy where his intensity is contagious. He wants to win bad but is smart enough to know when it goes too far. I see Hardy as a guy whose intensity comes from craziness and he doesn't know where the line is and he gets away with it. My opinion but its there.

Of course winning would make things better but you can't tell me that having a Murray and the leadership we had last year wouldn't make a difference. I felt the Dez stuff last year got internalized quickly. I feel this is festering. Again, my opinion. I don't think it helps bring us closer to winning while stars are out.

And I'd still be tired of the excuses for knuckleheads.

Miller

Reaction score
This is just too much...I'm a follower of Russell Simmons and Deepak Chopra...You guys half empty/the sky is falling is killing my HALF FULL VIBE. We are 2-4 without our Pro-bowl QB and WR. 3 of the 4 games we lost were super close. Some of you guys need to stop trying to blame or claim implosion when you know who exactly is sitting on the bench waiting to come back.

I spelled out health in the OP. But what is happening besides trying to notch a win or two....which we should have by now...isn't helping.

Smoke there is fire on Hardy. Someone needs to get the guy focused. I don't care if people think it's only PC. It's called using your brains, something he is acting like he is missing.

I even said yesterday on here that winning would have calmed some of this down. But overall we have a different team makeup, injuries or not and I put that on Jerry.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't put underwear thieving by a backup RB as a story. Also, despite Dez's issues he has never been shown to be a guy who would go after a coach, etc. I see Dez as the type guy where his intensity is contagious. He wants to win bad but is smart enough to know when it goes too far. I see Hardy as a guy whose intensity comes from craziness and he doesn't know where the line is and he gets away with it. My opinion but its there.

Of course winning would make things better but you can't tell me that having a Murray and the leadership we had last year wouldn't make a difference. I felt the Dez stuff last year got internalized quickly. I feel this is festering. Again, my opinion. I don't think it helps bring us closer to winning while stars are out.

And I'd still be tired of the excuses for knuckleheads.

Eh. I don't think his teammates give a toss about the tirade on game day. He's a fiery guy, it shouldn't have happened, it did, move on. These things happen on NFL sidelines during losing skids all the time. In fact, Hardy probably went up in the estimation of the majority of players and coaches simply for caring enough about winning.

The underwear thieving story was trivial. Throwing Dez under the bus on camera while being booked was not. It raised an issue of a double standard on the team. It caused a potential rift in the locker room. Both Dez and Witten commented on it publicly at the time. And it brought back up the DV issue re: Dez. And that was with Murray in the locker room at the time.

These things just don't matter that much at the end of the day. It's not so much that they're getting excused. They just aren't very important.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seriuously, if you did nothing wrong would you be apologetic?

That is the main thing people are saying. He doesn't seem to have learned anything.

It is down right patronizing to tell a grown man that he has to pretend to be some PC warrior to make mediots feel better,

I get what you're saying. Let's be honest, it's not the case that Hardy did nothing wrong, though. It probably is the case that he very much believes his version of the story of what happened is fairly justifiable and that he feels he's been getting villainized in the press for something unfairly. He's clearly not acting like he's particularly sorry about what went down.

That said, he's kept his nose fairly clean through the ordeal up until last week. He avoided the skirmish in OAK. I"m not blaming him for the idiot press jumping on his language. The twitter jokes and the comments about Giselle are small potatoes. He's just got to realize his in a no-win situation and as long as he's unapologetic it's going to stay that way. It's up to him if he decides to manage the PR implications or to fight it. Honestly, I don't care much, either way. As long as he doesn't touch a ref or get himself suspended, I don't care how much people hate him.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I get what you're saying. Let's be honest, it's not the case that Hardy did nothing wrong, though. It probably is the case that he very much believes his version of the story of what happened is fairly justifiable and that he feels he's been getting villainized in the press for something unfairly. He's clearly not acting like he's particularly sorry about what went down.

That said, he's kept his nose fairly clean through the ordeal up until last week. He avoided the skirmish in OAK. I"m not blaming him for the idiot press jumping on his language. The twitter jokes and the comments about Giselle are small potatoes. He's just got to realize his in a no-win situation and as long as he's unapologetic it's going to stay that way. It's up to him if he decides to manage the PR implications or to fight it. Honestly, I don't care much, either way. As long as he doesn't touch a ref or get himself suspended, I don't care how much people hate him.

Right on. He seems to embrace the wacky, independent spirit role so he will have to put up with it.

He may be paranoid but that doesn't mean he's wrong. The media definitely has it out for him.

Miller

Reaction score
Eh. I don't think his teammates give a toss about the tirade on game day. He's a fiery guy, it shouldn't have happened, it did, move on. These things happen on NFL sidelines during losing skids all the time. In fact, Hardy probably went up in the estimation of the majority of players and coaches simply for caring enough about winning.

The underwear thieving story was trivial. Throwing Dez under the bus on camera while being booked was not. It raised an issue of a double standard on the team. It caused a potential rift in the locker room. Both Dez and Witten commented on it publicly at the time. And it brought back up the DV issue re: Dez. And that was with Murray in the locker room at the time.

These things just don't matter that much at the end of the day. It's not so much that they're getting excused. They just aren't very important.

Idgit, respect your opinion greatly but I respectfully disagree on how much they matter. I think the constant questions is bothersome and guys like Hardy add that type of distraction on my book. I didn't take much of what happened last year, despite some of the things, as distracting because of the locker room. Not sure its as stable this year.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still don't see what Hardy did that was so bad.

Some of you must have never played the game before. I'd rather go to "war" with a guy like Hardy then with the pretty boy sippin' a cup of Gatorade on the sidelines wondering what club he's gonna hit later that night.
if the hc gets the boys through this and they make the playoffs he should be coach of the year of course he should of been last year but that's another story
The implosion is due to having WeDone as backup QB gambling that Tony would not get injured. That you can blame management for.

That's probably the most of it.
Correct, correct annnnnnd correct.

Time to catch up on another thread.