Implosion

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Right on. He seems to embrace the wacky, independent spirit role so he will have to put up with it.

He may be paranoid but that doesn't mean he's wrong. The media definitely has it out for him.

This is my major issue. They don't have it out for him. He has had some very nagging, important things happen to him. He should acknowledge it but acting with half a brain. If you don't tweet about the twin towers, mention hot women (despite having been arrested for women issues) and cause craziness on the sideline, people won't care. But he makes himself the target. Again, Aikman this morning said guys fighting on the sideline is the norm...guys confronting coached that aren't theirs is a first. Guy is an idiot.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idgit, respect your opinion greatly but I respectfully disagree on how much they matter. I think the constant questions is bothersome and guys like Hardy add that type of distraction on my book. I didn't take much of what happened last year, despite some of the things, as distracting because of the locker room. Not sure its as stable this year.

Respect back-atcha.

I should be careful, too. I think the stupid little things Hardy does are each indications that he's fundamentally an unstable personality. Where I don't think they affect the team much, they're definitely issues for management when it comes to resigning him. A pattern of doing controversial things despite the consequences because you think you're right and perception is wrong isn't a good thing for Hardy, long term.

More than anything, though, as they say, winning is a great deodorant. With 53 guys on a roster, these minor controversies (and a few major ones) are going to happen every season. If you're winning, they're largely ignored. If you're losing, they do eventually become lightening rods for all the discontent in the locker room. So far, I think we've done a pretty good job of avoiding all of that. In part because we have good players returning to the lineup each week. And in part because we've got Tony coming back soon, and everybody knows it. And in part because we just have a good and experienced staff in Dallas right now.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Respect back-atcha.

I should be careful, too. I think the stupid little things Hardy does are each indications that he's fundamentally an unstable personality. Where I don't think they affect the team much, they're definitely issues for management when it comes to resigning him. A pattern of doing controversial things despite the consequences because you think you're right and perception is wrong isn't a good thing for Hardy, long term.

More than anything, though, as they say, winning is a great deodorant. With 53 guys on a roster, these minor controversies (and a few major ones) are going to happen every season. If you're winning, they're largely ignored. If you're losing, they do eventually become lightening rods for all the discontent in the locker room. So far, I think we've done a pretty good job of avoiding all of that. In part because we have good players returning to the lineup each week. And in part because we've got Tony coming back soon, and everybody knows it. And in part because we just have a good and experienced staff in Dallas right now.

Right!!Agree with all of this

I still think there is a long shot at 9-7. I just have felt the last 2 weeks have gotten away from them implosion style when it comes to keeping on track..or eye on the prize

Side note: Sorry for the butchering of the language above. Typing on my phone is a horrible thing. I should stop.