Impressed with Bennett

ethiostar

Reaction score
I have to admit i didn't think Bennett was going to contribute this much in so many aspects of the game, and do it very well.

I have seen blocking on key plays on offense, making tackles on ST, and when he gets the ball in his hands, he get up field really fast and he is a load to bring down.

Felix has hit the ground running but bennett is not doing to shabby either. By mid season this guy should be getting some more plays on offense, especially in the goal line.

Hats off to Bennett, he seems to be carrying himself in a professional manner on the field and does whatever they ask him to do.

I know its early but our first and second round picks seem like keepers. :)

Hailmary

Reaction score
I almost feel bad for Bennett.

I think he has the physical tools to be a star....but he probably won't be because he has an all world TE playing in front of him.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Hailmary;2277445 said:

I think he has the physical tools to be a star....but he probably won't be because he has an all world TE playing in front of him.

If he keeps playing this well and progressing, we'll be playing alot of 2-TE offense and he'll get his share of touches.

I'm actually waiting for a 2-TE (Witten/Bennett) 2-RB (Barber/Felix) heavy package to morph into a 3 or 4 WR look and get colossal mismatches in the passing game.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
we withstood having no FB tonight, mainly because of Bennett

WItten is a very good blocker, but for some reason it looks easy for Bennett, and he's a rook

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
For all the gruff Jerry takes (much of it deserved in the late 90s, early 2000s) he's overseen some really great personnel moves, especially in the post-Parcells era.

Bennett was a guy I was ready to toss away after watching that first episode of Hard Knocks. :) He's come a long way and will only become a bigger threat in our passing attack.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hailmary;2277445 said:

Bennett will get plenty of chances. He has already contributed more than any of us expected at this point. As he matures, we'll see more of him. I feel sorry for the ball - ain't enough of it to go around.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
He has really deceptive speed. He looks like he's just gliding along.

Plus, he's massive and seems to have really nice hands. Oh, and his blocking is nice too.

There's not much downside here as long as he keeps his head on straight.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Ozzu;2277485 said:
He has really deceptive speed. He looks like he's just gliding along.

Plus, he's massive and seems to have really nice hands. Oh, and his blocking is nice too.

There's not much downside here as long as he keeps his head on straight.

Absolutely, there is something about the way he runs, i think he has really long strides, somethings,....

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The talent was always there, but the maturity is showing also. Some credit should go to Coach John Garrett. It's the little things which can make a very good player into a potential superstar and his tight end coach deserves some props for that too.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fasano is really showing me something in Miami. That said, I'd still rather have Bennett. HUGE upside!

ethiostar

Reaction score
Hailmary;2277445 said:

On the other hand, he as an all world TE in front of him to learn from;)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy;2277513 said:
Fasano is really showing me something in Miami. That said, I'd still rather have Bennett. HUGE upside!
It wouldn't surprise me to find out that Parcells has had the biggest grin on his face ever since the Dolphins beat the Patriots this afternoon. Fasano had a very good game.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Hailmary;2277445 said:

Anthony Fasano:

2006: 16games; 14rec 143yds 1TD
2007: 16games; 14rec 126yds 0TD

2008: 3games; 11rec 150yds 2TD

Not sayng Fasano is or will be a star in the league, but having superstars can limit the growth of the younger talent. Just a fact of the game I guess.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
EPL0c0;2277525 said:
Anthony Fasano:

Not sayng Fasano is or will be a star in the league, but having superstars can limit the growth of the younger talent. Just a fact of the game I guess.
Good points.

Fasano will have every opportunity to make a name for himself now and he's gotten off to a great start with his new team.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
so can dropping alot of big passes and a few TD catches too ;)

EPL0c0;2277525 said:
Anthony Fasano:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Is it possible to get Owens,Austin,Witten,Bennett,Barber & Felix on the field at the same time?

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Clove;2277633 said:
Is it possible to get Owens,Austin,Witten,Bennett,Barber & Felix on the field at the same time?

Yes. We shall call it our 12-man formation. :)

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Ozzu;2277635 said:
Yes. We shall call it our 12-man formation. :)
We could do it if Romo doesn't come on and Felix takes the direct snap. :p:

ethiostar

Reaction score
Clove;2277636 said:
We could do it if Romo doesn't come on and Felix takes the direct snap. :p:

Well who knows, Garrett is starting to break out the gadget plays a little bit. I'm sure he has some crazy stuff stashed somewhere up his sleeve.