Impressed with Bennett

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Bennett is going to see more and more chances as the year progresses as long as he continues to contribute when he's given the chance. Love this pick up, love it.

FCBarca

Reaction score
ethiostar;2277411 said:
I have to admit i didn't think Bennett was going to contribute this much in so many aspects of the game, and do it very well.

I have seen blocking on key plays on offense, making tackles on ST, and when he gets the ball in his hands, he get up field really fast and he is a load to bring down.

Felix has hit the ground running but bennett is not doing to shabby either. By mid season this guy should be getting some more plays on offense, especially in the goal line.

Hats off to Bennett, he seems to be carrying himself in a professional manner on the field and does whatever they ask him to do.

I know its early but our first and second round picks seem like keepers. :)

Yeah, Bennett made key contributions...again...:bow:

btcutter

Reaction score
mmillman;2278967 said:
he should have stayed in bounds

Yes, he definitely need to know the game situation and stayed in bounds. He's got the ability but he's head needs to be on right and STUDY!!!!!

Let's not crown him just yet. He did completely wiff on the DE and allow him to tackle Jones in the backfield for a 5 yd loss.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought Bennett really did move like a wide receiver. Witten runs like a TE... Bennett runs like a WR.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ethiostar;2277411 said:
I have to admit i didn't think Bennett was going to contribute this much in so many aspects of the game, and do it very well.

I have seen blocking on key plays on offense, making tackles on ST, and when he gets the ball in his hands, he get up field really fast and he is a load to bring down.

Felix has hit the ground running but bennett is not doing to shabby either. By mid season this guy should be getting some more plays on offense, especially in the goal line.

Hats off to Bennett, he seems to be carrying himself in a professional manner on the field and does whatever they ask him to do.

I know its early but our first and second round picks seem like keepers. :)

he had his ups and downs

FCBarca

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2279023 said:
I thought Bennett really did move like a wide receiver. Witten runs like a TE... Bennett runs like a WR.

True, true...Liked the way he leapt that last Packer defender on that last reception/run? :laugh2:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Bennett was also in a pushing match with a Packer and many would have predicted after Hard Knocks that he would have been the one to draw the personal foul. Instead, he controlled his temper, maintained and it was Green Bay who lost composure and drew the flag.

So, not only is Bennett exceeding expectations in the passing game and in his blocking assignments... but he's also playing composed and smart football.

I stand WAY corrected on that pick.

CoCo

Reaction score
FCBarca;2279028 said:
True, true...Liked the way he leapt that last Packer defender on that last reception/run? :laugh2:

He looked smooth as silk hurdling that guy.

Thanos68

Benched
Reaction score
Roy Phillipot over at Scout posted a thread during Hard Knocks where he flat out calls Martellus a Bust. No big deal there as Hard Knocks made him out to be one. But last night he started a thread about Felix Replacing Barber. People were calling that way pre-mature right now. But then someone else called him out on the Bennet thing and HE STOOD BY THAT COMMENT. He claims Martellus is still an absolute bust and quote his current catches as proof. LOL. No comment on his blocking or anything. He said people "in the know" have said such. Amazing that guy runs that site.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Ozzu;2277485 said:
He has really deceptive speed. He looks like he's just gliding along.

Plus, he's massive and seems to have really nice hands. Oh, and his blocking is nice too.

There's not much downside here as long as he keeps his head on straight.

I gotta say... when I watch him catch and then run... he looks larger than life. It seems like #80 is so big on the screen. I cant explain it.

FCBarca

Reaction score
CoCo;2279046 said:
He looked smooth as silk hurdling that guy.

Exactly my reaction to it live, as well...I thought, almost too casual looking...Still, if his motor was as high as Ratliff he'd probably be a little further along too :cool:

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
btcutter;2278995 said:
Yes, he definitely need to know the game situation and stayed in bounds. He's got the ability but he's head needs to be on right and STUDY!!!!!

Let's not crown him just yet. He did completely wiff on the DE and allow him to tackle Jones in the backfield for a 5 yd loss.

i agree that he should have stayed in bounds, but from what i could tell as soon as that play was over, that he knew it too.

he's usually celebrated the big plays that he's made, but after that catch he looked upset, and i think it's b/c he realized he made a mistake. i would say that adds to the maturity growth of Bennett.

as far as the block, i would say that was his big mistake of the game, but for a rookie TE i think he is doing a heck of a job.

let's not forget, Witten wasn't the best blocker his rookie season either, and look at what he can do now. not to say Bennett is or will be as good as Witten, but he can definitely improve.

and this is looking way ahead, but i am stoked to see what Jurasek does with him next offseason.

Nexx

Reaction score
EPL0c0;2277525 said:
Anthony Fasano:

2006: 16games; 14rec 143yds 1TD
2007: 16games; 14rec 126yds 0TD

2008: 3games; 11rec 150yds 2TD

Not sayng Fasano is or will be a star in the league, but having superstars can limit the growth of the younger talent. Just a fact of the game I guess.

thats why im happy to see Bennett already making big plays early into his career, both in passing and blocking aspects. Fasano will be a soild tightend for the Dolphins for many years, Bennett might be special even with Witten here.

ethiostar

Reaction score
btcutter;2278995 said:

I agree on your first comment and he needs to make better decisions.

As for your second comment about his studying habit, you don't have enough info to come to that conclusion. He is a rookie, he is going to make mistakes and nobody is making excuses for him.

Nobody is talking about crowning him, the comments i posted as well as the other positive comments that followed simply said they were pleased with his progress so far. Nothing else.

Show me a rookie in the history of the game that hasn't blown an assignment or two early in thier career. If i remember correctly Witten had his moments and he is all world right now.

ethiostar

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2279026 said:
he had his ups and downs

http://i80.***BLOCKED***/albums/j176/moptop43rd/animatedpaperboyyellinghgclr9d.gif

You don't say!