Impressed with Eagles offense mostly because...

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Of the time the offensive line gives McNabb in the pocket. this is DEF. gonna be the key to beating Philthy this year, our defensive line. if we can get pressure on mcnabb we have a good shot...last year at the linc we pressured mcnabb into making bad decisions because we stuffed westbrook and injured T.O...so if we almost won last year with our D, we definitely have a shot of beating them this year. so the question is, in your opinion what is the key aspect to beating PHI this year?

Rezz

Mr. Blonde
Reaction score
Stopping McRunningback is definitely the key. You know I was watching part of their game last nite, and he got rushed by a DE or LB I forget, anyway, the guy was literally draped around Donovan and he just calmly stood there with that guy hanging on him and threw a touchdown pass to their rookie Reggie Brown. It was amazing.

So yeah, we have to get massive pressure on their O Line and QB or we don't stand a chance against them. Their defense is salty as well. They're a real tough team to beat.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
TheSport78 said:
Of the time the offensive line gives McNabb in the pocket. this is DEF. gonna be the key to beating Philthy this year, our defensive line. if we can get pressure on mcnabb we have a good shot...last year at the linc we pressured mcnabb into making bad decisions because we stuffed westbrook and injured T.O...so if we almost won last year with our D, we definitely have a shot of beating them this year. so the question is, in your opinion what is the key aspect to beating PHI this year?

Keeping them in 3rd and long. Make them predictable. Hopefully our pass rush is as good as advertised.

smashmouth

Benched
Reaction score
I'll echo that thought. You have to put constant pressure on them up front.

You also have to get to him fast, a slow good rush isn't any good.

You have to jam T.O. at the line and shadow him with a F.S., he's too fast.

Roy Williams, Dat, and Ware are extremely VITAL in this matchup. When they blitz, they have to get there and fast.

On offense, we have to score alot and often- or atleast keep the ball a long time.

NorTex

Reaction score
Keep the game close for three quarters, then dominate in the fourth quarter.

I know, easy to say, hard to do. But that is the game plan...depth and rotation!

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
The coverage was abysmal on that first play to TO. It seems like everyone but the Bengals secondary knew what was going to happen. The corner played a short zone and the safety was hopelessly out of position. Even the announcers predicted the play prior to the snap.

jimmy40

Reaction score
smashmouth said:
I'll echo that thought. You have to put constant pressure on them up front.

You also have to get to him fast, a slow good rush isn't any good.

You have to jam T.O. at the line and shadow him with a F.S., he's too fast.

Roy Williams, Dat, and Ware are extremely VITAL in this matchup. When they blitz, they have to get there and fast.

On offense, we have to score alot and often- or atleast keep the ball a long time.
Blitzing Dat against anybody is stupid but against McNabb is insane. Dat can't blitz.

Reaction score
I'm impressed as well TO had a gripe he's a stud but as we know their's a way to handle your business professionally. We have to smack in the mouth that's how we do it dominate both sides of the line take it to them. Good as they've been recently they're franchise hasn't had anything to show for it.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
The key is constant pressure from our Defense and watching for the TE/RB and hot read. Last night I noticed the same play Holmgren used on us with the TE...Reid from this school used the same play at least four times or more last night.

With McChuck..you must bring constant pressure but you MUST make a sure tackle because McChuck can run and weave to slip out of pressure. In addition, you cannot over pursue or he simply runs after the pressure runs behind him and next you know he is gone. The Dbs must continue coverage especially when McChuck is on the run because he likes to throw on the run and will burn you if you let off coverage downfield.

DO NOT allow TO to run behind your DBs and have your saftey in position at all times. Be sure the LB covering Westbrook glues him for the dink and dunk pass in the flat..discipline is what is needed and hopefully we have this at the time. :)

On Defense, the Eagles can be ran on once again, but JJ has to be ready for the quick pass because they will constantly blitz package Bledsoe. TE will be a big part of our game because Witten can get open..we just need to mix the bag in the passing game while giving a steady dose of JJ. Crayton may be the guy who gets the coverage off Glenn/Key in the passing game. We would be wise to use him to keep the defense honest because the kid can catch.

The big pass can be had on their defense as the patriots showed us and a sound running attack like Pitt gave them last year softens their defensive aggressiveness. Easier said than executed but those are a few (not all) ways to play this team.

ghst187

Reaction score
if we can somehow find a way to score more points than they do...I think we'll win

seriously though, stop the screen pass and keep Mcnubb from scrambling and having 15 seconds to look downfield...these are ghst187's keys to victory.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
TheSport78 said:
Of the time the offensive line gives McNabb in the pocket. this is DEF. gonna be the key to beating Philthy this year, our defensive line. if we can get pressure on mcnabb we have a good shot...

That's easier said than done. Besides, shouldn't your defensive strategy apply to all opponents? I think you should concentrate on putting points on the board and strengthening that OL.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Unlike Bill, Reid doesn't have contempt for the QB position. They have a real one, and we have a bus driver. Again.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Richmond Cowboy said:
The coverage was abysmal on that first play to TO. It seems like everyone but the Bengals secondary knew what was going to happen. The corner played a short zone and the safety was hopelessly out of position. Even the announcers predicted the play prior to the snap.

RC, I know it seemed rediculously predictable to (like you said) "everyone but the Bengals secondary," But not so fast ...

Do you really think the Eagles offense is so shallow that they didn't have an alternative strategy waiting in the event T.O. was double teamed or covered?
Come on now ...:rolleyes: