In 36 years of watching footbalI I have never seen or heard of as many injuries

coult44

Reaction score
In 36 years of watching footbalI I have never seen or heard of as many injuries as we have. We are two days into camp and it's exactly the same as it was last year, and the year before. Everyone said then, what some will say now..It's too early to worry about it, everyone deals with it, they will be okay before the season begins..UHHH, NOT TRUE..... I wonder if the fans from other teams have to always start their conversations like we do..."If he stays healthy, he's gonna make the probowl"..."If he stays healthy he could be the best in the NFL" ...."If he stays healthy, he could lead the NFL in Rushing, Tackles, INT's, Sacks," You get the point? ....I miss the days where we could just say...."This dude is gonna be awesome and dominate"..."He's going to step up and have a breakout year." "He's gonna be a stud"..".This is the best LB in the NFL and he will be the best for a few years"......We have been so bit the last few years that we always have to preface our topics with the "if he stays healthy" line. Or, he's injury prone", "he's soft", or other types of excuses. I don't know if their is anything anyone can do about it. It could be bad luck, it could be conditioning, it could be that we draft injury prone guys, it could be the environment the staff has created, it could be freekin Karma for all I know...Or, it could just be nothing, we should be deeper and guys should step up for the ones who are injured. Except for with the Cowboys, even our backups get injured. I do know ONE THING THOUGH......If it's the ONE THING that EVERY Cowboys Fan agrees on.........WE ARE ALL SICK OF IT!!!! So, with that being said do your part. If you are a person of faith, PRAY for our guys health. If you have Native American blood, and believe in Rain Dances, do an extra one this week for our teams health....If you live in New Orleans and you are involved in all that weird stuff down there, put an extra pin in your doll...Whatever you can do, DO IT!!!! Our team needs what ever MOJO we can send their way :)

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yes, we are sick of it however these things tend to go in cycles. It's not because of the different drills that the Cowboys utilize or the way the coaching staff runs things. It's just bad luck. Hang on and the tide will turn. On the positive side, we're getting a longer look at some younger players that will allow the team to make important decisions come cut day. A better informed staff will make better decisions.

mrmojo

Reaction score
If you have Native American blood, and believe in Rain Dances, do an extra one this week for our teams health....If you live in New Orleans and you are involved in all that weird stuff down there, put an extra pin in your doll...Whatever you can do, DO IT!!!! Our team needs what ever MOJO we can send their way :)[/quote]

mrmojo

Reaction score
If you have Native American blood, and believe in Rain Dances, do an extra one this week for our teams health....If you live in New Orleans and you are involved in all that weird stuff down there, put an extra pin in your doll...Whatever you can do, DO IT!!!! Our team needs what ever MOJO we can send their way :)[/quote]

Well I am Native American and do wish the Cowboys well in my prayers, the spirits may just have other more important matters on their plate than the Cowboys right now LOL. My nickname is MrMojo so i will be sending plenty of Mojo that way. :)

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
Positive vibes going to Oxnard to help my boys. Things have to balance out. Someone has to step up. Go Cowboys!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think if you pay attention to other teams as they start camp you'll get the same thing. A variety of ouches will occur as part of the process.

The Cowboys situation is not unique.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Ummm...yeah. Every fan has to say "if he stays healthy" if they're being honest with themselves because, yeah, everyone can wind up injuried. There is no one who you say there is no shot that they'll get injuried so I just know for certain he's gonna be great.

Hell even when we had Emmitt and Aikman and Irvin and all those guys I used to say as long as they stay healthy we're gonna be in this thing. But them staying healthy was always the great unknown because no matter what happened the year(s) prior to the one coming up you simply can't predict whether or not a person is going to get injuried.

OhSnap

Reaction score
I will sacrifice a frog in the name of Mot Yrdnal so that our players legs will be protected for the rest of the year.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
In 36 years of watching footbalI I have never seen or heard of as many injuries as we have. We are two days into camp and it's exactly the same as it was last year, and the year before. Everyone said then, what some will say now..It's too early to worry about it, everyone deals with it, they will be okay before the season begins..UHHH, NOT TRUE..... I wonder if the fans from other teams have to always start their conversations like we do..."If he stays healthy, he's gonna make the probowl"..."If he stays healthy he could be the best in the NFL" ...."If he stays healthy, he could lead the NFL in Rushing, Tackles, INT's, Sacks," You get the point? ....I miss the days where we could just say...."This dude is gonna be awesome and dominate"..."He's going to step up and have a breakout year." "He's gonna be a stud"..".This is the best LB in the NFL and he will be the best for a few years"......We have been so bit the last few years that we always have to preface our topics with the "if he stays healthy" line. Or, he's injury prone", "he's soft", or other types of excuses. I don't know if their is anything anyone can do about it. It could be bad luck, it could be conditioning, it could be that we draft injury prone guys, it could be the environment the staff has created, it could be freekin Karma for all I know...Or, it could just be nothing, we should be deeper and guys should step up for the ones who are injured. Except for with the Cowboys, even our backups get injured. I do know ONE THING THOUGH......If it's the ONE THING that EVERY Cowboys Fan agrees on.........WE ARE ALL SICK OF IT!!!! So, with that being said do your part. If you are a person of faith, PRAY for our guys health. If you have Native American blood, and believe in Rain Dances, do an extra one this week for our teams health....If you live in New Orleans and you are involved in all that weird stuff down there, put an extra pin in your doll...Whatever you can do, DO IT!!!! Our team needs what ever MOJO we can send their way :)

You must not have really been watching. Just about every team in the league ends up with issues like this.

This is not a huge spate of injuries.

What you are reacting to is the increased availability of information about injuries.

coult44

Reaction score
You must not have really been watching. Just about every team in the league ends up with issues like this.

This is not a huge spate of injuries.

What you are reacting to is the increased availability of information about injuries.

I believe we were #30 on the list last year with games not played by listed starters...I don't know if they kept track of the 2nd team players who turned into starters..That would have drove the number up even higher....How many games did we play where we had a different starting OL or DL because a starter was injured? THIS IS A HUGE SPATE OF INJURIES!!!

Mace

Reaction score
Anyone remember how many starters the Packers had on IR when they won their last SB? Didn't they lose like 3 starters in one game early on? Injuries are part of the game, it's no excuse. Every team deals with them.

Just look at the teams in our own division and how many key injuries they've had the last few years.

Moderately_Askew

Heelsboy
Reaction score
Injuries have always been a part of the game, the reason we hear so much about it now is because we have coverage like never before. It gives every hack writer out there the chance to blow every little thing out of perspective.

Gameover

Reaction score
This is what happens when an organization has no leadership from the top to bottom.

This wouldn't happen with a Jimmy Johhnson Troy Aikman Mike Irvin Charles Haley Ray Lewis Matt Ryan Peyton Manning Michael Strahan Bill Parcells Tom Brady around. Those people demand the best out of the people around them. These pukes would be forced to suck it up!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
:lol Leadership

Anyway, we have one season ending injury and a knee scope putting another guy our for a few weeks. Other than we have hamstrings and calves putting people day to day.

If you don't recall more than this in 36 years then perhaps you have too much aluminum in your diet.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
In 36 years of watching the league you also haven't seen this much coverage.

This is what I came in here to say. 24/7 news cycle and social media like twitter... People have a real hard time recognizing how the world has changed around us.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
I thought we were going to consolidate all the whiners to a seperate forum from now on so the rest of us fans don't have to listen to this crap all the time?

Jerryrage

Reaction score
Too much muscle and not enough fat on the bone to sponge up the hits. That's why you see so many hurt players in today's game.