In a funny way - maybe this was for the best

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The chances were that no matter, win or lose vs. the Ravens, we were going to have to beat Philly to make the playoffs. It wasn't likely that we were going to lock up a position in the playoffs before Philly.

So, maybe if we would have won vs. Baltimore, this team wouldn't come as ready to play come next Sunday. The would have been content with the 10 wins and thinking they could just show up in Philly and take it.

Maybe this was just meant to be - us coming off a lose, being PO'd.

Or maybe I'm still drunk from lastnight.... :D

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
Losing the last game at Texas Stadium was for the best. I agree. :rolleyes:

And losing the 94 NFC Championship game just made us PO'd for the next year. We didn't win 3 Superbowls in a row, but it was for the best.

LOL. I understand you are just trying to see the bright side but I'm tired of defending this team. It took over a decade but I've finally gotten tired of it.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
numnuts23;2515696 said:
The chances were that no matter, win or lose vs. the Ravens, we were going to have to beat Philly to make the playoffs. It wasn't likely that we were going to lock up a position in the playoffs before Philly.

So, maybe if we would have won vs. Baltimore, this team wouldn't come as ready to play come next Sunday. The would have been content with the 10 wins and thinking they could just show up in Philly and take it.

Had we won last night, we would be in the playoffs right now

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jon88;2515700 said:
Losing the last game at Texas Stadium was for the best. I agree. :rolleyes:

If it means we make the playoffs and win the Super Bowl...I'd take it :rolleyes: (ooo, i can roll my eyes too)

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
HeavyHitta31;2515707 said:
Had we won last night, we would be in the playoffs right now

I thought Minny would have had to win for that to happen?

Tom [Giants fan]

Reaction score
especially with the Jets losing, I think NBC is going to take the Eagles/Cowboys game for the primetime game.

sacase

Reaction score
We have always had to beat philly. Any scenario had us having to win in philly to get in.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
numnuts23;2515708 said:
If it means we make the playoffs and win the Super Bowl...I'd take it :rolleyes: (ooo, i can roll my eyes too)

This team has Superbowl just coming out of its pores.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
numnuts23;2515710 said:

We had to win and have 3 of these 4 lose: Falcons, Eagles, Bucs, Bears.

We still would've needed a Bears loss tomorrow.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
numnuts23;2515710 said:

No

Because Tampa and Philly lost, had we won the NFC playoff picture would be set with us as the 5th seed and Atlanta as the 6th seed. All we would have been playing for next week is holding on to the 5th seed by winning.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
HeavyHitta31;2515720 said:
No

Because Tampa and Philly lost, had we won the NFC playoff picture would be set with us as the 5th seed and Atlanta as the 6th seed. All we would have been playing for next week is holding on to the 5th seed by winning.

I thought the case was

Philly lose
Atlanta lose
Minny lose - didn't happen

We win, we're in no matter what??

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2515720 said:
No

We'd still have to win next week.

Being in the playoffs "if the season ended now" is worthless. We wouldn't have clinched a playoff spot by winning last night, unless Green Bay beats Chicago tomorrow.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
If we had won, the best Chicago could have done would be to tie us at 10-6 and we hold the tiebreaker

kai cyr

Reaction score
Bach;2515719 said:
We had to win and have 3 of these 4 lose: Falcons, Eagles, Bucs, Bears.

We still would've needed a Bears loss tomorrow.

correct.

yimyammer

Reaction score
numnuts23;2515696 said:

I used to take this attitude, but this team has worn me out. They have had enough character building, heart breaking losses to make them Super Bowl champs ten times over.

I hope your right and something clicks on, but this team has sucked all the hope out of me....of course I'll be torturing myself as I watch Philly get a chance to put another dagger in my heart.

Sorry to be so negative, but I honestly don't know how so many of you can be so positive. I truly wish I could keep the passion I have for the Cowboys and not let it ruin my week. I am literally depressed for the entire week following a loss. I can't read the newspaper or watch any TV that has anything to do with the Cowboys after losses like yesterday (although I do manage to torture myself by dropping by here).

How do you guys do it?

30yrheel

Reaction score
yimyammer;2515920 said:
I used to take this attitude, but this team has worn me out. They have had enough character building, heart breaking losses to make them Super Bowl champs ten times over.

I hope your right and something clicks on, but this team has sucked all the hope out of me....of course I'll be torturing myself as I watch Philly get a chance to put another dagger in my heart.

Sorry to be so negative, but I honestly don't know how so many of you can be so positive. I truly wish I could keep the passion I have for the Cowboys and not let it ruin my week. I am literally depressed for the entire week following a loss. I can't read the newspaper or watch any TV that has anything to do with the Cowboys after losses like yesterday (although I do manage to torture myself by dropping by here).

How do you guys do it?

i can't understand either. i find myself wishing this season would get over so i can just pull for my tar heels.

BoysFanInAustin

Reaction score
yimyammer;2515920 said:

How do you guys do it?

Because we're TRUE Cowboy fans.....who never quit on a team. Yeah you can be a 'realist' and say we don't have a chance, but We do.....People can say you have to be playing your best ball in December, but the last two SB champs have played average to terrible Decembers and came out on top. The Giants finished 2-2 last December with home losses to the Commanders and Patriots and played like garbage against a subpar Bills team for the first half......The 06 Colts were losing to the Jags and Texans where they ran roughshod on them on the ground.

30yrheel

Reaction score
BoysFanInAustin;2516103 said:
Because we're TRUE Cowboy fans.....who never quit on a team. Yeah you can be a 'realist' and say we don't have a chance, but We do.....People can say you have to be playing your best ball in December, but the last two SB champs have played average to terrible Decembers and came out on top. The Giants finished 2-2 last December with home losses to the Commanders and Patriots and played like garbage against a subpar Bills team for the first half......The 06 Colts were losing to the Jags and Texans where they ran roughshod on them on the ground.

not good comparisons to this dallas team