In a funny way - maybe this was for the best

30yrheel

Reaction score
BoysFanInAustin;2516128 said:
Don't break your leg hopping on and off the wagon

real cute. how long have you been a fan? i've never been on or off any bandwagon, just been a dedicated fan for 40 some years.

yimyammer

Reaction score
BoysFanInAustin;2516103 said:
Because we're TRUE Cowboy fans.....who never quit on a team. Yeah you can be a 'realist' and say we don't have a chance, but We do.....People can say you have to be playing your best ball in December, but the last two SB champs have played average to terrible Decembers and came out on top. The Giants finished 2-2 last December with home losses to the Commanders and Patriots and played like garbage against a subpar Bills team for the first half......The 06 Colts were losing to the Jags and Texans where they ran roughshod on them on the ground.

Dude make your point without playing the TRUE cowboy fan BS card. Tha's such a crock of ****!

It has everything to do with managing pain for me and nothing else. I NEVER stop rooting or hoping, I just cant stand how bad I feel when they lose, do you feel awful or is it just mosey on down the road for you?

Pain is the cost of my passion so I'm just a little bruised right now and don't have the same optimism I've had in the past. My optimism doesn't determine whether I'm a fan or not and to say otherwise is ridiculous.

BoysFanInAustin

Reaction score
yimyammer;2516141 said:
Dude make your point without playing the TRUE cowboy fan BS card. Tha's such a crock of ****!

It has everything to do with managing pain for me and nothing else. I NEVER stop rooting or hoping, I just cant stand how bad I feel when they lose, do you feel awful or is it just mosey on down the road for you?

Pain is the cost of my passion so I'm just a little bruised right now and don't have the same optimism I've had in the past. My optimism doesn't determine whether I'm a fan or not and to say otherwise is ridiculous.

Sure, I hurt after the game....but the next day it all goes away. Life goes on, and my life does not revolve around my favorite sports teams and I do not let their performance effect my blood pressure. All I know is that in this day in age in the NFL, as long as you have a chance to make the tournament, anything can happen after that.....Long gone are the days of teams who dominate the season from Day 1 all the way through the end with 13-3 and 14-2 and 15-1 records. Back in the 70s, 80s, and early 90s....you'd have those types of records and that would guarantee a SB appearance. With the parity and all of the Wild Card teams winning SBs the last 3 years gives me all kinds of hope.

All I know is that as Cowboys fans, we have a chance, and I'm not going to let last night's loss affect my optimism of looking forward to next Sunday. If we win the game and go on to make a good run in the playoffs, all the rollercoaster rides we've been through this season will make it all the more sweeter!

yimyammer

Reaction score
BoysFanInAustin;2516179 said:
Sure, I hurt after the game....but the next day it all goes away. Life goes on, and my life does not revolve around my favorite sports teams and I do not let their performance effect my blood pressure. All I know is that in this day in age in the NFL, as long as you have a chance to make the tournament, anything can happen after that.....Long gone are the days of teams who dominate the season from Day 1 all the way through the end with 13-3 and 14-2 and 15-1 records. Back in the 70s, 80s, and early 90s....you'd have those types of records and that would guarantee a SB appearance. With the parity and all of the Wild Card teams winning SBs the last 3 years gives me all kinds of hope.

All I know is that as Cowboys fans, we have a chance, and I'm not going to let last night's loss affect my optimism of looking forward to next Sunday. If we win the game and go on to make a good run in the playoffs, all the rollercoaster rides we've been through this season will make it all the more sweeter!

I agree completely, I just don't have my hopes up but that NEVER stops me from wishing for a miacle until the last second. Even last night, I was watching until the last second hoping a miracle could happen.

When they lose, It just gets to me a lot more than you (and others) and thats why I was asking how people manage the disappointment. I'm competitive as hell and I hate to lose, but I'm in a completely helpless position to do anything about it and it pisses me off.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2515751 said:
If we had won, the best Chicago could have done would be to tie us at 10-6 and we hold the tiebreaker

That doesn't matter. If we had beaten Baltimore, we still could be knocked out of the playoffs if we lost to Philadelphia, Chicago won out and Tampa Bay won next week. It would be us, Tampa Bay and Chicago tied at 10-6, with one of us getting the final playoff spot -- and Tampa Bay would get it. Our head-to-head win would be irrelevant, and Tampa Bay would get in based on its NFC record.

That's why, even if we had beaten Baltimore, we'd need Chicago to lose tomorrow for us clinch a playoff spot this week.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I look at 10 wins as the measuring stick.

If you cant win at least 10 games, you dont deserve to go to the playoffs.

8-8 or 9-7 teams getting in is a freaking joke, kinda like the watered down NBA playoffs where half the freaking league makes it.